The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Provari vs Lava Tube

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by Maka, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Biznessmeh

Biznessmeh Full Member Verified Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Townsend GA
    I bought the provari v1 about 2 years ago, and it was the mod that really allowed me to comfortably quit smoking. I had had other mods break down due to various issues. The reason I love my provari is the fact that i know it will last a very very long time. The only gripe I have about the provari is that after repeated drops the top cap comes loose. This took about 18 months to happen on my provari v1, and I simply applied a strong adhesive and it has never come off since. I can absolutely see why people would purchase a much cheaper mod with almost identical features; however as far as the provari's build quality and toughness goes, I feel you would be hard pressed to find a vv mod as tough and elegant as the provari for under $150.

2. latexyankee

latexyankee Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Look at it this way...if you want to keep buying devices go ahead. I don't know how long you've been vaping or seriously decided on quitting analogs. I'm a new provari owner, but a fairly long term vaper (2+years). I've said it before in other threads ''if you want to keep buying replacements go ahead'', but didn't we all get into this for the health and financial benefits? Long term cost is the key. Buy a LT, 2 ZMAXX, and a twist for backup. How much did that cost? How much did all your ''backup'' devices to your main PV that you're using now cost? It's not the be all-end all, but it's pretty damn close. And peace of mind/build quality/warranty doesn't stand for ****? I'm completely satisfied as every other owner. If you're serious, buy a serious device.
    -end rant

3. zapped

zapped Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

If this thread were a comparison between automobiles it would read Mercedes Benz versus Ford Pinto.That is all :)

4. Bob57

Bob57 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2012
    Indiana
  5. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
  6. SethGrimm

SethGrimm Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    Jacksonville Florida
    I personally have spent all of my short vaping career vaping on a twist searching for an infamous "Cheap Provari killer".

I quickly learned through witnessing countless negative lavatube and lavatube knock off reviews that such a thing doesn't exist.

I made it a personal goal of mine to put down my twists and pick up a Provari mini. I am going to be provaping in roughly a month.

The lavatube is a novelty Provari of sorts. As is all of the cheap tube mods.

It's really simple why the Provari is so expensive.

Bronze gets it.

It isn't because Provape is a greedy money hungry company as I used to think.

The reason the Provari is so much more expensive is because the electronics and material used to build them are expensive. If provape sold the Provari for anything less or as cheap as the LT, provape would go out of business fast.

Provape isn't a charity service.

They don't have big prices just for fun. They need to make a profit to continue to use the cash to purchase quality electronics and material to make the Provari as great as it is.

(Okay, I'm done over elaborating)

The lavatube is entirely disposable FROM WHAT I'VE READ. The Provari will last years and will possibly outlive you if it's treated with a decent amount of humanity.

I won't bother going on about why it's better. I'm sure you understand that. The question of the subject has changed to "should YOU get the Provari over the lavatube?".

Everyone's answer is different. But the most common answer that happens to be mine as well is YES.

But that's just my opinion.

Do you want one solid device that will make any further PV purchases a novelty?

Do you want a device that you can use with any tank, DCT, atomizer, clearomizer, cartomizer and it perform exactly how you want?

Do you want a device you can drop from 15 feet and it still perform as new?

Do you really NEED a device that will last years and not weeks or months?

Do you want a device that will be your last needed PV?

Do you have disposable cash right now?

If your answers are YES then you should go to provape and pull the trigger.

7. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Agree 110% ! :headbang:

8. infoimp

infoimp Sarcasm Cult Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    Vaping Underworld
    ...and so I did....and probably will again....soon...dangit....

9. Dauyd

Dauyd Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Dropped my Chrome LT from my tree stand the other day. I can't tell that anything happened.

It was only about 13 feet, though.

10. infoimp

infoimp Sarcasm Cult Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    Vaping Underworld
  11. joeboy

joeboy Full Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2009
    upstate new york
    The simple answer is yes. I've had my YJ Varitube for around 2 months. It came with a 48 hour warranty, Provari 1 year. Its common knowledge that the YJ is tuned poorly, what you set is not what you get, probably .7 volts higher than set. It absolutely EATS batteries, to the point my 1000 mah eGo Twist had better battery life. The chrome under the button wore off in a month and the threading stripped after 2 months which I've heard from others is not unusual . That being said.. it was my first big battery VV mod and I got it because I thought the Provari was " overpriced " . It is also common knowledge that they are disposable, if you get a year out of them consider yourself fortunate because the power button will die, not if, but when. I was cramped for money when I bought it but the Provari was what I really wanted to get. I was in a better position financially, and now in order to use my Varitube had to put a small piece of business card in the threading just so I could get my tanks,cartos to work. So now ,regardless if I really had the money, I needed to get something else because I couldn't depend on it. So after owning both the 100 difference is easy to justify. The Provari has a proven track record of reliability/durability, 1 year warranty and can be fixed should it ever break for a reasonable price. Is dead accurate when you set your voltage, gives you a true remaining battery readout and has terrific battery life. Bottom line... both will vape and get the job done... you will replace the lavatube... you can depend on the Provari for many years, if not a lifetime of outstanding performance. I depend on my PV to keep me off analogs. The peace of mind alone is worth far more than the price difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.