Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginsu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Orange County, CA
What makes the provari worth the $150-200 price tag? I want hard facts please

Go to your local vape store and compare on hand with another unit and youll see what im talking about. I just pulled the plug and placed my Provar2 mini order today and cant wait and plenty of reviews on it

Lisa66

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Florida
Hi Sockfootball!

I am not the right person to cite specs and so forth. All I can say is that when I moved into the mod world I did so very quickly, after attending my first big vape meet. Within 1.5 weeks I had three mods. Provari was the third one I purchased.

I got my mini because:

-it talks to me. It tells me the resistance I'm running and the volts I'm running and warns me with error messages when my choices are a no-no.
-it has safety features others don't have (above). This may have been my biggest concern.
-it's built like a brick.......well, you know. Yes, I've dropped it, with no effect, other than breaking the attached carto.
-it looks great
-it's versatile, with the extension cap

It's my go-to.

Buzzsaw46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
SE MN United States
From what I gather it is durable, well made, excelent customer service, and has exceptional voltage regulation all the way through the battery charge.

I've had two of the less expensive VV units. One held up very well to my abuse, but I lost it. I decided to buy the updated version to replace it and it died from it's first fall. I then ordered a ProVari, cant wait for it to arrive! Yes the high price wont help with a loss, but I hope it will be a bit nicer, without the minor quality issues my first device had.

negrete35

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
I have only been vaping for a few months now. I went through the 510 batts, then onto eGo batts and finally up to the Provari. I think that what makes the Provari so great is that it works so flawlessly. Not really having had anything, as far as other VV mods, to compare it to my opinion will only go so far. But, it really is a sturdy mod. I think that you could get the experience of VV with a cheaper mod like the lava tube. But you just dont get the consistency in performance out of one of those like you would out of a Provari. Of course I am just basing this off of the research that I did prior to my purchase. I just knew that I would end up there, so why waste money on an $80 kit just to test the water of VV. Sorry this probably wasnt the response you were looking for. But I can say with some confidence that you wont regret the purchase of a Provari should you decide to. Just go on youtube and search for Provari. There is a plethora of reviews out there boasting on all the positives of the Provari.

justinred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2012
PH
The only con I can think of at the moment is the price. But after getting an expensive mech mod and a twist as my starters, I am now kicking myself for not getting a Provari at the very start. I will be getting a Provari later but the tough part is deciding whether I should get a full size or mini and what color. 3 hours to go and I can't decide yet. :D

Moueix

Moved On
Aug 20, 2012
Michigan and Iowa
I totally respect the choices of others, and I don't have experience with it so take my opinion with a grain.

I'm lucky that cost isn't a big factor for me. Unfortunately, convenience is. I've ruled out the removable battery mods because they don't have a small form factor for on the road and out and about and stealth. I don't want multiple type chargers all over the place and the Ego style battery lets me do everything from a sweet little 650mah dripper for stealth and fits nicely in my pocket with a couple 3ml samples for variety, to multiple 1000mah VV twists for at home with a variety of juices in Vivi tanks all within reach, all with one type of charger. I've got a multiport 510 charger at both of my homes that charges 5 of these at a time, a car charger, etc. The batteries are as cheap as $8 so no prob if they act up, I toss em and no big deal. I have dozens of them so there is a charged one ready everywhere I go. Never any down time. The twist I've bought for as little as $17. Again, any problems, toss em. A friend takes a shining to the idea, I just hand them my rig and a spare 3 or 6 ml juice bottle full of something interesting and grab another for myself. It completely fits my lifestyle. Anyway, that's why I won't buy a provari. I would need multiple types of chargers, and I'd have to buy several provaris, or change tanks constantly. A 650Mah with a Nova Mini sets me back about $22 with dressup rings and if I lose it or give it away, no big deal. I'm stuck on em.

Last edited:
Provari pros:
- The warranty - I have a two year warranty on both of mine, which is absolute peace of mind
- The VV precision - if I set it at 4.5 volts then that is exactly what I am getting, unlike some other VV devices
- Short circuit protection. Very useful for those building their own atomizers/using genesis-style atomizers
- Will give you the same vape on a new charge as well as when the battery is dying (the button flashes to let you know)
- It is built like a tank. A Lavatube next to it is considerably lighter, though taller (I have 2 mini's). Provari = 2x lavatubes weight-wise
- Tells me the actual ohms of what I am vaping. Had a Vivi head labeled as 2.4 but the Provari stated it was 2.9, so I bumped the voltage accordingly and was back in vaping heaven (initially was scratching my head until I checked the device and it told me 2.9...awesome)
- Did I mention the warranty and the fact that it feels like it could survive a tornado?

Cons:
It IS expensive, but you definitely get what you pay for. Other devices for much less cash will do exactly the same thing, but what the Provari offers that others can't is the build quality, precision, and matching customer service/warranty. If that matters to you, then it is definitely worth the investment.

If you have the budget to afford it, then go for it. You will NOT be disappointed. However, if you don't, there are great alternatives out there reasonably priced that will do everything a Provari can do.

I love my Provari's, yet I am equally as happy picking up my Lavatube or Silver Bullet to vape. Truth be told, the Provari does not cook me breakfast in the morning. It's awesome, but realistically speaking it is a $250.00 hit in the wallet, and you don't have to spend that much to have a great VV vaping experience.

Last edited:

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
The resale value is a good point. Trying a provari and living with one for a couple weeks to see the consistency of how it works, Every TIME YOU PUSH THE BUTTON is what makes it"worth it" to me. If you gotta miss paying your rent,mortgage,or electric bill to buy it than no its not worth it. However, if you bought one, rented it for a month and sold it at most $20 less than you paid ,if that,than I'd think that would be a relatively cheap way to know for sure if it is worth it to you. I doubt you would want to let it go.

godzilla93

Verified Member
Sep 11, 2012
Brooklyn
I have a regular-sized provari that i got recently (I haven't tried the mini). I have to say the size (without the extension) took me a while to adjust to: with an ego-style batteries, I would generally put my pinky under the battery when holding it. I can't do that with the Provari—it's not shorter than an ego, but the button is placed lower on the battery. I got used to it now, but I'm thinking the mini might be a little small if you have big hands like me (although with a device as good as that, you will always find a way to adjust your grip). Anyway, good choice in getting the Provari: IMO, it's totally worth the price!

Braddahbill

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2012
Hawaii
My cold hard facts are - actions speak louder than words.

IMG_2507.jpg

I just bought my Second unit.

What makes the provari worth the $150-200 price tag? I want hard facts please

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
I totally respect the choices of others, and I don't have experience with it so take my opinion with a grain.

I'm lucky that cost isn't a big factor for me. Unfortunately, convenience is. I've ruled out the removable battery mods because they don't have a small form factor for on the road and out and about and stealth. I don't want multiple type chargers all over the place and the Ego style battery lets me do everything from a sweet little 650mah dripper for stealth and fits nicely in my pocket with a couple 3ml samples for variety, to multiple 1000mah VV twists for at home with a variety of juices in Vivi tanks all within reach, all with one type of charger. I've got a multiport 510 charger at both of my homes that charges 5 of these at a time, a car charger, etc. The batteries are as cheap as $8 so no prob if they act up, I toss em and no big deal. I have dozens of them so there is a charged one ready everywhere I go. Never any down time. The twist I've bought for as little as $17. Again, any problems, toss em. A friend takes a shining to the idea, I just hand them my rig and a spare 3 or 6 ml juice bottle full of something interesting and grab another for myself. It completely fits my lifestyle. Anyway, that's why I won't buy a provari. I would need multiple chargers, and I'd have to buy several provaris, or change tanks constantly. A 650Mah with a Nova Mini sets me back about $22 with dressup rings and if I lose it or give it away, no big deal. I'm stuck on em.

if that works for you thats all that matters , thats why there are so many choices out there , different strokes for different folks, i have a provari 18650 and just so you know i was like you with 15 ego batts etc i was afraid of being out and about and have my batts die on me cause i was a very heavy smoker now just a chain vapor , but with my 18650 batts i can leave the house for 12hrs or more b4 i need to replace so now i only own 2 batts and so far they have lasted well over a year so i dont have to have a carcharger if i get worried i just bring my 2nd battery along for the ride , i guess what im saying the provari has cut down on all the extra crap i used to carry

Nadine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2012
I just got a provari mini. Two short batteries and two big ones with end cap extension. Waiting for the mail to arrive. I've got three Twists and they're great but I wanted an upgrade. I'm planning to give two of the twists to my son who is trying to quit. Hopefully I can help spare him from smoking stickies 30 years like I did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread