ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Searching for a dropped jaw "WOW" emoji. This is stunning news.

I won't really complain about it much, but it's interesting that they feel smokers won't use the FDA methods but don't mention what a woeful success rate they have. It's not that I wouldn't use them - they simply didn't work in my case.

Agreed. I tryed all of the approved methods. I used every method except Chantix. I was hypnotized, poked with needles, attended Cooper-Clayton, chewed gum, sucked lozenges and on. Within a relatively short period of time, I was back to 1.5 up to 2 packs per day.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Good news or bad I stopped listening to ACS, AMA, WHO, AARP, ABC, XYZ a long time ago because they are all corrupt and have self-serving agendas that are many times not in the interest of the general public. What they say goes in one ear and out the other.

Sorry, but just how I feel about these kinds of organizations.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
The American Cancer Society has changed its position!
:eek:

"Some smokers, despite firm clinician advice, will not attempt to quit smoking cigarettes and will not use FDA approved cessation medications. These individuals should be encouraged to switch to the least harmful form of tobacco product possible; switching to the exclusive use of e-cigarettes is preferable to continuing to smoke combustible products."

American Cancer Society Position Statement on Electronic Cigarettes

yugge.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Informational Alert:
Placed a order with these people today for the 3 radius sleeves I don't have (Jackie does :thumb:), Blue, Translucent, and Pink for $26.74 out the door. I already have black.

Last year, I placed a order with them for a Satin Silver Procyon for $242.48 out the door. While they shipped it the same day I placed the order, it took 16 daze to get here. I was happy dealing with them.

Creme de Vape - Formerly Cloud 9 Vaping electronic cigarettes and e-liquid

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Informational Alert:
Placed a order with these people today for the 3 radius sleeves I don't have (Jackie does :thumb:), Blue, Translucent, and Pink for $26.74 out the door. I already have black.

Last year, I placed a order with them for a Satin Silver Procyon for $242.48 out the door. While they shipped it the same day I placed the order, it took 16 daze to get here. I was happy dealing with them.

They're awesome, Gin, in many ways. Good pick ("son"). :lol:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Good news or bad I stopped listening to ACS, AMA, WHO, AARP, ABC, XYZ a long time ago because they are all corrupt and have self-serving agendas that are many times not in the interest of the general public. What they say goes in one ear and out the other.

Sorry, but just how I feel about these kinds of organizations.

Each time the AARP sends me stuff, I jam a bunch of their stuff back into the pre-paid envelope and send it back. It costs them a little money and takes their time. I'll buy my coffee at the regular price.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Informational Alert:

I use them regularly, got some kayfun prime stuff from them last month. I also bought 2 of my Provari Radius's from them. I like the black silicone sleeves. I don't really like the other ones, if they had black I would order some, the 2 that I have are starting to wear out. :|

KAS

Buffalochick

Feb 18, 2018
Of you have any questions feel free to ask.. if you need any help feel free to ask...

Other than that.. just jump in and chitchat!

My friend has a Provari 3 and it is awesome. I didn't realize the cost and finesse involved in all of this. Have just been a box (Vaporfi Vex 75) with a Smok Prince tank vapor (er?) for a couple of years. We have some great vape shops around here and they just speak above my level. They have been wonderful in sharing experience and recommendations so far. Great juice. But after stepping up, have purchased a Provari 3 now and am looking forward to building and experimenting. I'm taking the advice here and starting with the recommended tank and some premade coils, but I'll get there. I so appreciate all of the free advice on moving on up in quality.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Agreed. I tryed all of the approved methods. I used every method except Chantix. I was hypnotized, poked with needles, attended Cooper-Clayton, chewed gum, sucked lozenges and on. Within a relatively short period of time, I was back to 1.5 up to 2 packs per day.
Me too. Hypnosis worked the first time I quit smoking until a tragedy struck our family years later. Secobd time aroubd I tried the gum and the patch. Smoked with the patch on :cry:.

I told this new member about this thread and invited her to join in if she likes here..

Provari P3 - Need to know what tank...
Hey lady good to see you :wub:

Here! Reading... Extreme newbie here.
IMG_5188.jpg

And welcome to this awesome thread.

Buffalochick

Feb 18, 2018
Me too. Hypnosis worked the first time I quit smoking until a tragedy struck our family years later. Secobd time aroubd I tried the gum and the patch. Smoked with the patch on :cry:.

Hey lady good to see you :wub:

View attachment 722641

And welcome to this awesome thread.

I quit smoking cigarettes a few years ago. Took a walk through Roswell Park Cancer Institute. If that doesn't do if for you, you are hard core. I threw mine on the dash of my car and left them there forever. Have been vaping now for a couple of years, just enjoy it, nothing more.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Each time the AARP sends me stuff, I jam a bunch of their stuff back into the pre-paid envelope and send it back. It costs them a little money and takes their time. I'll buy my coffee at the regular price.

You can get the same discounts via AMAC (if you care). Coffee can get expensive ;-)

Regarding the article, it angered me back when I first read it, and hasn't changed.

Reader's Digest Version:
We hate the things, but if we don't acknowledge the obvious we're sure to lose all credibility - and thereby some contributions along with it. So, in that spirit, we finally (and begrudgingly) acknowledge that e-cigs are better than smoking, but will surround it with so much previously printed drivel that we're hoping it gets lost in the message.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
You can get the same discounts via AMAC (if you care). Coffee can get expensive ;-)

Regarding the article, it angered me back when I first read it, and hasn't changed.

Reader's Digest Version:
We hate the things, but if we don't acknowledge the obvious we're sure to lose all credibility - and thereby some contributions along with it. So, in that spirit, we finally (and begrudgingly) acknowledge that e-cigs are better than smoking, but will surround it with so much previously printed drivel that we're hoping it gets lost in the message.

PreZACTly, DPL!

Here's how the printed article SHOULD have looked, in one were to be fontily honest. In a whisper........

CategoryStay Healthy
American Cancer Society Position Statement on Electronic Cigarettes

The American Cancer Society Board of Directors approved the following position statement on electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) in February 2018. The position statement will be used to guide ACS’s tobacco control and cessation efforts as it relates to these products.

ACS Position Statement on Electronic Cigarettes
Combustible tobacco products, primarily cigarettes, are the single greatest cause of cancer and kill about 7 million people worldwide each year. In the United States, 98% of all tobacco-related deaths are caused by cigarette smoking. The U.S. tobacco landscape has changed rapidly in recent years, with millions of consumers now using electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS), the most prominent of which are electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes). E-cigarettes contain heated nicotine extracted from tobacco, as well as a variety of flavorings and other additives.

Scientific Summary: Based on currently available evidence, using current generation e-cigarettes is less harmful than smoking cigarettes, but the health effects of long-term use are not known. The American Cancer Society (the ACS) recognizes our responsibility to closely monitor and synthesize scientific knowledge about the effects of all tobacco products, including e-cigarettes and any new products derived from tobacco. As new evidence emerges, the ACS will promptly report these findings to policy makers, the public and clinicians.

Clinical Recommendations: The ACS has always supported any smoker who is considering quitting, no matter what approach they use; there is nothing more important that they can do for their health. To help smokers quit, the ACS recommends that clinicians advise their patients to use FDA-approved cessation aids that have been proven to support successful quit attempts. Many smokers choose to quit smoking without the assistance of a clinician and some opt to use e-cigarettes to accomplish this goal. The ACS recommends that clinicians support all attempts to quit the use of combustible tobacco and work with smokers to eventually stop using any tobacco product, including e-cigarettes. Some smokers, despite firm clinician advice, will not attempt to quit smoking cigarettes and will not use FDA approved cessation mediations. These individuals should be encouraged to switch to the least harmful form of tobacco product possible; switching to the exclusive use of e-cigarettes is preferable to continuing to smoke combustible products. Of course, these individuals should be regularly advised to completely quit using all tobacco products. The ACS strongly discourages the concurrent (or “dual”) use of e-cigarettes and combustible cigarettes, a behavior that is far more detrimental to a person’s health compared to the substantial health benefit of quitting smoking.

Policy Recommendations: The American Cancer Society recommends implementing polices and public health measures known to prevent the initiation and use of all tobacco products, including appropriate taxation, retail policies (e.g., raising the minimum age of purchase to 21), tobacco and e-cigarette aerosol-free policies and funding of evidence-based prevention and cessation programs. The ACS strongly recommends that every effort be made to prevent the initiation of e-cigarettes by youth. The use of products containing nicotine in any form among youth is unsafe and can harm brain development. Furthermore, evidence indicates that young e-cigarette users are at increased risk for both starting to smoke and becoming long-term users of combustible tobacco products.

The ACS encourages the FDA to regulate all tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, to the full extent of its authority, and to determine the absolute and relative harms of each product. The FDA should assess whether e-cigarettes help to reduce tobacco-related morbidity and mortality, and the impact of marketing of e-cigarettes on consumer perceptions and behavior. Any related regulatory regime should include post-marketing surveillance to monitor the long-term effects of these products and ensure the FDA’s actions have the intended health outcome of significantly reducing disease and death. Furthermore, the FDA should use its authorities to reduce the toxicity, addictiveness and appeal of tobacco products currently on the market. The ACS also applauds the FDA for recognizing its significant role as a science-based agency in helping to address the addictiveness of nicotine in cigarettes. Reducing nicotine in all combustible tobacco products to below addictive levels holds the potential to significantly accelerate reductions in the use of combustible tobacco products, which remain by far the leading preventable cause of cancer and preventable death in the United States.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
to accomplish this goal. The ACS recommends that clinicians support all attempts to quit the use of combustible tobacco and work with smokers to eventually stop using any tobacco product, including e-cigarettes. Some smokers, despite firm clinician advice

:thumb: :sneaky:

Users who are viewing this thread