ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
fb695398-7ef1-4461-987b-73d3a97805fd-9ffc6210-6b31-4959-863e-65c3597b0ac4-v1.png

Hey guys - for all of my Provis, these have been all I've used almost since Day 1.

3000mAh 18650 Battery 20A-35A Li-ion 3.7V Button Top Rechargeable High Drain H-IMR - Orbtronic
^^^ Button tops, not flat ^^^

You're thinking of the Billet Box, KAS, and the issue where Mr. Wong decided it's acceptable to have mis-labeled batteries (16340 that SHOULD have been labeled 16350).

If AW were the last batteries on earth, I'd buy them again. Other than that scenario though...

75c42662-70c4-4cc1-afba-d6059e3e7138-9ffc6210-6b31-4959-863e-65c3597b0ac4-v1.png

Okay I thought you were using the same company for both battery sizes. I think I have that one book marked as well. Do you know of a good button to 18490/18500, other than the one I quoted? It looks like Orbtronic does not have the button tops. :?:

KAS

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
To the "Happy father's day," LOL I WISH.

I got a (censored statement) engraved into the back of my VW bug by some teen client who was upset with me (I assume). LOL, I received offers to buff it out but I was like "It's pretty deep, plus a badge of honor."

LOL it did not stop the masses from Craigslist trying to turn my driveway into an auction site after I fried the electrical system and well, people are weird about that car. I sold it for FAR more than my self-assessed value of "ZERO DOLLARS." I hated that thing. LOL.

Does anyone has anyone heard about when/whether AW will be back up? I really want a couple more button top 18650. I know the P3 can take a flat top but I have some procyons.

Anna

Unfortunate, this leaves me looking for a decent 18490/18500 for my Provaris.

I'm in the same boat. It's not used daily, but I'm running a Paps X in 18490 mode. While the old school AWs are still doing fine, when they go downhill I'm not sure of where to find a replacement.
I hope this wasn't posted already, trying to catch up here ;)
I read, somewhere :unsure: That AW used Panasonic cells. And I believe Orbtronic also uses Panasonic and Panasonic makes a button top. :?:
Not sure but might be something to look into. :)

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Yeah, I didn't like it either when they changed the display to show the icon but didn't complain as I could still get to % if I wanted to. It's one more reason I love and prefer the P3 over all others.
Hate icons !
Glad I never updated firmware on my other P3s.

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Regardless of firmware, I'm just glad I can turn the display off. Saves battery life percentage icon thingie not having. A click or so and can check from time to time but seldom necessary.
So if you turn off the display,
how do you know when the battery is low ?

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
So if you turn off the display,
how do you know when the battery is low ?
I watch the fuel level. Better than a bright lit display and doesn't use battery power. I'm used to the correlation between fuel level and battery level. Well, used it enough to pretty much know anyway.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
UP in the diner ~~~
* Say Cheddar Sweet Baby Ray *
Wood-Fired BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza with Caramelized Sweet Onions, Baby Arugula, Cheddar Cheese and Drizzled Ranch Dressing ... the pizza sauce? ... Sweet Baby Ray's. Bon Appetit
1f642.png

35971767_611252912563965_855272617362325504_n.jpg

... and a pop to wash it all down

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
I watch the fuel level. Better than a bright lit display and doesn't use battery power. I'm used to the correlation between fuel level and battery level. Well, used it enough to pretty much know anyway.
Good idea !
Next time I fill my 18350 P3,
I’ll try that.
Thanks.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
Good idea !
Next time I fill my 18350 P3,
I’ll try that.
Thanks.
You may find that about the time you think you need to refuel ... you'll need to change the battery. Close enough for government work anyway.

EDIT: Disclaimer ... All devices and batteries are slightly different as well as user usage. I'm just used to the way and power level I prefer to vape. Maybe if what you're doing is working for you, don't change nothin'. Good Luck !!! :)

Last edited:

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
'Ive spent some time pondering the what ifs I ever cannot get any 18350 cells to power my mini's...I have imagined making a wood battery holder to go on the side of the mini...first I would bore a hole through the wood blank

got my engineering degree online 6mins ago. soooo. . just stack the batteries with magnets and duct tape. it's totally safe.
trust me, imma Engineer now.:pop:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Honestly I like the battery percentage on the P3s and I think it has higher accuracy than the battery level drop. Etc. And also, you'll know it's time to recharge if you don't want a display when the light is blinking.

Life is a tradeoff, although I guess you could start guestimating. Etc. But you won't know for certain and etc.

Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Okay I thought you were using the same company for both battery sizes. I think I have that one book marked as well. Do you know of a good button to 18490/18500, other than the one I quoted? It looks like Orbtronic does not have the button tops. :?:

KAS

I was using the IMRENS for the BB's, but they're IMR (not protected), so they "peter out" differently. I took to simply jamming the 35mm ones into the BB3s instead. They're fine.

Unfortunately I've never used anything but 18650s otherwise. I prefer to extra power to the relatively nominal space saving of the smaller batts.

I hope this wasn't posted already, trying to catch up here ;)
I read, somewhere :unsure: That AW used Panasonic cells. And I believe Orbtronic also uses Panasonic and Panasonic makes a button top. :?:
Not sure but might be something to look into. :)

True dat. The smaller button tops are getting tougher and tougher to find though.

These Divided States of America, where freedom once waved. :\

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Hate icons !
Glad I never updated firmware on my other P3s.
Think about it like a gas gauge...it doesn't tell you exactly how many gallons you have left, it just sort of gives you an idea of where you are at. I use mostly a Kabuki on mine, and when the tank is about empty, so is the battery. Just seems that the Kabuki and the 18350's seem to work out perfectly that way fo me...

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Think about it like a gas gauge...it doesn't tell you exactly how many gallons you have left, it just sort of gives you an idea of where you are at. I use mostly a Kabuki on mine, and when the tank is about empty, so is the battery. Just seems that the Kabuki and the 18350's seem to work out perfectly that way fo me...
How much juice does the Kabuki hold ?
And what wattage and ohm are you using ?

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Does anyone have a pdf of the Provari P3 owner’s manual that covers ver 41 of the firmware ?
Provape used to have what was included in the various updates on their website. Don't know if it is archived somewhere or not though...

Users who are viewing this thread