[PSA] Wismec Reuleaux RX75 are defective, DO NOT BUY! Lock switch break making them useless in 1 day

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaperXant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Mexico
So I purchased a RX75. I love the mods shape, feel, design, pretty much everything about it. As I purchased it, I read the first reviews that came up on MyVaporStore from preview purchases. All said within a day or two the locking switch broke. I told the vape shop about this and showed them the reviews and they told me if I have a issue I can exchange for something else. Loved the mod, really really did. The mech to fire using the battery door is very convenient and comfortable, great design. The chip has worked flawlessly(Have not tried TC yet). The issue is it will fire in your pocket non stop if not locked, which is understandable and acceptable. I am planning on possibly considering ordering it once its fixed.

THE DOWNFALL
The lock switch is poorly build hard plastic that seems to catch on the firing door. After a few locks, it seems to snap. It is very difficult to lock and unlock. Once it breaks, you cannot lock the mod and its USELESS because it will just fire non stop in your pocket! Its very sensitive so not having a lock means it wont be able to be carried in your pocket. This is a deal breaker and unless you buy from a good place who will refund you, wait until the V2 is released. Its a shame because its a great mod and the chip works amazing. My just broke and its prob my favorite mod. Battery Life is pretty bad(1 18650), maybe a hour at 40 Watts on a new red LG, seems to die when battery indicator is at 25% as well. I am assuming thats normal with a 1 battery mod though. Seeing how the mod is fairly new and this issue is stacking up the review sections, I think its safe to assume this is widespread.
THIS KILLS ME BECAUSE I LOVE THIS MOD!!!

Suggestions?
I am looking for a mod that works well in Power mode and also works well with TC, Titanium or Stainless Steal. My DNA200 seems to drop out of TC mode, so I am looking for something that solid. I vape around 40-60 watts in tanks in Power Mode, Temp is all over the place based on a range of settings. I want to spend under 100$, I want something thats easy to fire, as my 2nd vaporshark's fire button is becoming unresponsive. I would like good battery life as well.

I was considering EXCHANGING for the Wismec RX200S - Can anyone tell me if they own it, how it works, firing button responsiveness/ease of use, and how well the chip works in TC mode.

I would love other suggestions as I dont need 200 watts, just a solid mod with a good TC chip under 100$

ADDITIONAL PROOF ( READ ALL BAD REVIEWS RELATED TO LOCKING SWITCH)

Wismec Reuleaux RX75 Jaybo Designs Vaping with Twisted 420 Mod

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I've never really seen the point of those locking mechanisms on mods personally, electronic or mechanic. Just turn it off before you pack it up or put it in your pocket
24664313681_c43e9e55b4_o.gif

Reactions: Grizzly_bell
Have had the rx75 for almost 3 weeks now, and I'm not saying it will stand the test of time but it has been working flawlessly. I do agree the lock button is stiff, but with the five click on/off option I find myself never using the physical lock. The paint seems to be much more durable then my evic mini. Now I think most of us can agree that vaping with twisted 420 is too much. But he didn't really have alot to do with this design according to jaybo. Seems like a nice fit into the Reuleaux family and my collection.

• Informative
Reactions: mcduffy

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
My first RX75 had no issues. My 2nd one had both problems, the battery sled coming partly out of the mods body when magnetic battery cover was pulled off, and the broken lock switch. Replaced promptly by MVS. The replacement seems as good as the first one. A QC issue, who knows, but I like these mods, and you'll know quickly if you get a bad one, another reason to buy from a US vendor, if you live here, one like MVS, that pays for return shipping both ways.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I still like the RX75, and have 2. But you know how it goes. My best mod is my VS DNA200, always wished it was smaller. Now the DNA75's are coming out, but again they were too big for my tastes. For the most part VaporShark's have great reviews, one of the reasons are they are still considered small and light with the Lipo pack.

So then I see: SMY SDNA75

Same size as a VTC Mini. Inexpensive and since I like Escribe software, I got a rubberized RED one a few days a go. Immediately went back to FT, and ordered a BLACK, and SILVER (no coating on this model).

Unlike the RX75, this is a solid piece with no plastic to break off, and the STAR OF THE SHOW, of course is the DNA75 board. I like my Tiny Pico mods, but I miss the flat line signal of the DNA chipsets, especially in TC mode. Now packed into a tiny mod size. If you can live with single 18650 batteries, check it out.

bigTRAV710

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2016
Fort Worth Tx
So I purchased a RX75. I love the mods shape, feel, design, pretty much everything about it. As I purchased it, I read the first reviews that came up on MyVaporStore from preview purchases. All said within a day or two the locking switch broke. I told the vape shop about this and showed them the reviews and they told me if I have a issue I can exchange for something else. Loved the mod, really really did. The mech to fire using the battery door is very convenient and comfortable, great design. The chip has worked flawlessly(Have not tried TC yet). The issue is it will fire in your pocket non stop if not locked, which is understandable and acceptable. I am planning on possibly considering ordering it once its fixed.

THE DOWNFALL
The lock switch is poorly build hard plastic that seems to catch on the firing door. After a few locks, it seems to snap. It is very difficult to lock and unlock. Once it breaks, you cannot lock the mod and its USELESS because it will just fire non stop in your pocket! Its very sensitive so not having a lock means it wont be able to be carried in your pocket. This is a deal breaker and unless you buy from a good place who will refund you, wait until the V2 is released. Its a shame because its a great mod and the chip works amazing. My just broke and its prob my favorite mod. Battery Life is pretty bad(1 18650), maybe a hour at 40 Watts on a new red LG, seems to die when battery indicator is at 25% as well. I am assuming thats normal with a 1 battery mod though. Seeing how the mod is fairly new and this issue is stacking up the review sections, I think its safe to assume this is widespread.

Suggestions?
I am looking for a mod that works well in Power mode and also works well with TC, Titanium or Stainless Steal. My DNA200 seems to drop out of TC mode, so I am looking for something that solid. I vape around 40-60 watts in tanks in Power Mode, Temp is all over the place based on a range of settings. I want to spend under 100$, I want something thats easy to fire, as my 2nd vaporshark's fire button is becoming unresponsive. I would like good battery life as well.

I was considering EXCHANGING for the Wismec RX200S - Can anyone tell me if they own it, how it works, firing button responsiveness/ease of use, and how well the chip works in TC mode.

I would love other suggestions as I dont need 200 watts, just a solid mod with a good TC chip under 100$

Ipv d3. Its small , 80watt tc and is solid . I use a sigelei 75 watt tc for work and it is indestructible, never misfires and it is cheap , prob alot cheaper now , i have used it everday for over a year and dropped it many times and it keeps going and going

bigTRAV710

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2016
Fort Worth Tx
I still like the RX75, and have 2. But you know how it goes. My best mod is my VS DNA200, always wished it was smaller. Now the DNA75's are coming out, but again they were too big for my tastes. For the most part VaporShark's have great reviews, one of the reasons are they are still considered small and light with the Lipo pack.

So then I see: SMY SDNA75

Same size as a VTC Mini. Inexpensive and since I like Escribe software, I got a rubberized RED one a few days a go. Immediately went back to FT, and ordered a BLACK, and SILVER (no coating on this model).

Unlike the RX75, this is a solid piece with no plastic to break off, and the STAR OF THE SHOW, of course is the DNA75 board. I like my Tiny Pico mods, but I miss the flat line signal of the DNA chipsets, especially in TC mode. Now packed into a tiny mod size. If you can live with single 18650 batteries, check it out.

So you recommend the sdna 75? Ive had an eye on it, i like the design. I just ordered a lost vape therion dna 75 , its dual 18650 in parallel. I want a new pocket mod for work. As for smy, i bought two god box 180watt when they came out , it was big but worked well . mine eventually the fire button got stuck , my gf's caught on fire, so ive been reluctant to buy the sdna75.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
So you recommend the sdna 75? Ive had an eye on it, i like the design. I just ordered a lost vape therion dna 75 , its dual 18650 in parallel. I want a new pocket mod for work. As for smy, i bought two god box 180watt when they came out , it was big but worked well . mine eventually the fire button got stuck , my gf's caught on fire, so ive been reluctant to buy the sdna75.

There's more info from folks getting them here:

Evolv DNA 75

Mrjrwedge2

Aug 23, 2016

THE DOWNFALL

Suggestions?

I bought this mod just yesterday. Tonight, it started to fire on its own. I conveniently lost the receipt, but may try to exchange it anyways. Being a little cash strapped and a tinkerer, I needed to discover the cause of the problem and try to fix it. I have discovered the design flaw that leads to the locking mechanism causing the mod to fire. The lock slide is a small cast metal piece. It has a number in a circle cast into it, and that detail is raised, not recessed. The paint is rubbed off, exposing the metal. This just so happens to rub against the edge of the PCB that the firing button is attached to, leading to a short and unintentional firing. I am going to file the detail smoothe, re-paint it, and put a small piece of plastic underneath it to prevent shorting in the future. I will post my results after I make the repairs.

*UPDATE*

Ok, the sliding lock is NOT the problem I thought it was. Though it is a problem, filing down the bottom to make it smoothe and lubricating the bottom with mineral oil worked like a charm to make it easier to operate. Now to the problem: the PCB. The real problem is the PCB touches the metal frame of the mod. The fix is somewhat easy for anyone who has the patience and talent to work with small parts. I cut out an L shaped piece of thin, clear packaging plastic, cut out a spot to allow room for the wires on the back, used a hot needle to poke holes for the screws to go through, and installed it over the PCB to isolate and insulate it from the chassis. The plastic also fits underneath the sliding lock and helps make the action smoothe. The extra thickness of the plastic made the reassembly a little tight, but doesn't deform anything or make anything unworkable.

A word to the wise: be patient, and don't drop the screws.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mactavish
I bought this mod just yesterday. Tonight, it started to fire on its own. I conveniently lost the receipt, but may try to exchange it anyways. Being a little cash strapped and a tinkerer, I needed to discover the cause of the problem and try to fix it. I have discovered the design flaw that leads to the locking mechanism causing the mod to fire. The lock slide is a small cast metal piece. It has a number in a circle cast into it, and that detail is raised, not recessed. The paint is rubbed off, exposing the metal. This just so happens to rub against the edge of the PCB that the firing button is attached to, leading to a short and unintentional firing. I am going to file the detail smoothe, re-paint it, and put a small piece of plastic underneath it to prevent shorting in the future. I will post my results after I make the repairs.

*UPDATE*

Ok, the sliding lock is NOT the problem I thought it was. Though it is a problem, filing down the bottom to make it smoothe and lubricating the bottom with mineral oil worked like a charm to make it easier to operate. Now to the problem: the PCB. The real problem is the PCB touches the metal frame of the mod. The fix is somewhat easy for anyone who has the patience and talent to work with small parts. I cut out an L shaped piece of thin, clear packaging plastic, cut out a spot to allow room for the wires on the back, used a hot needle to poke holes for the screws to go through, and installed it over the PCB to isolate and insulate it from the chassis. The plastic also fits underneath the sliding lock and helps make the action smoothe. The extra thickness of the plastic made the reassembly a little tight, but doesn't deform anything or make anything unworkable.

A word to the wise: be patient, and don't drop the screws.

Mine has the "no atomizer found" problem. I think something is broken underneath the 510 connector. Can you please tell how to disassemble this mod? Photos would be great. Thanks in advance.

Mrjrwedge2

Aug 23, 2016
Mine has the "no atomizer found" problem. I think something is broken underneath the 510 connector. Can you please tell how to disassemble this mod? Photos would be great. Thanks in advance.

The "no atomizer found" is most likely due to the bottom contact post is not making contact. The 75 has a spring loaded contact, but if the post on your atomizer is not extended enough then it won't make contact. If it is adjustable (see photo), just unscrew it a little and see if it changes. If you're feeling frisky, there are only 3 screws holding the battery compartment to the frame. Just unscrew, and carefully remove. Take note that there are wires attached to a PCB in the frame, so without removing the PCB, the range of motion of the holder is very limited. I have some close-ups of the trigger and locking mechanism. The clear plastic piece is the modification I added to prevent the misfires I experienced. I now have over 17400 clicks logged on my 75, so it has held up to the test of time. I also put a 1/2" washer under the atomizer to make both vent holes clear the frame. I hope all this helps.
IMG_0537.JPG
IMG_0514.JPG
IMG_0518.JPG
IMG_0538.JPG

Reactions: abdlorenzo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread