Not open for further replies.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
[h=1]Home » News » Research News » E-Cigarettes Give Boost to Quitting Smoking
[/h][h=1]E-Cigarettes Give Boost to Quitting Smoking[/h][h=1]By JANE COLLINGWOOD Associate News Editor
Reviewed by John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on September 6, 2014
E-cigarettes dramatically boost smokers’ chances of successfully quitting, according to recent research.
Professor Robert West, Ph.D., of University College London, UK, said, “E-cigarettes could substantially improve public health because of their widespread appeal and the huge health gains associated with stopping smoking."

E-Cigarettes Give Boost to Quitting Smoking | Psych Central News
[/h]

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
This quote from Dr. John Britton needs to be repeated every time we get a chance.

“the reality is that for as long as people smoke, it is unethical, illogical, paternalist and damaging to both individual and public health to deny access to reduced-hazard products such as e-cigarettes.”

And it doesn't need PyschCentrals editorial lead into it.

:D:vapor:

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
[h=1]Home » News » Research News » E-Cigarettes Give Boost to Quitting Smoking
[/h][h=1]E-Cigarettes Give Boost to Quitting Smoking[/h][h=1]By JANE COLLINGWOOD Associate News Editor
Reviewed by John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on September 6, 2014
E-cigarettes dramatically boost smokers’ chances of successfully quitting, according to recent research.
Professor Robert West, Ph.D., of University College London, UK, said, “E-cigarettes could substantially improve public health because of their widespread appeal and the huge health gains associated with stopping smoking."

E-Cigarettes Give Boost to Quitting Smoking | Psych Central News
[/h]

I love this article :D

I do have one little problem with it though...

At the very end of it, they do mention that the FDA does not have jurisdiction over e-cigarettes unless and until the deeming regulations go through, and they state that these regulations will ban sales to minors. They fail to mention, as many others have similarly failed to mention, that the deeming regulations will lead to a drastic reduction in the number of e-cigarettes available, even while advocating earlier in the article that the products should remain available. This was a missed opportunity on their part to call for a change in the deeming. It looks to me like they hadn't read it.

I am not surprised by this at all, I simply think they could have done better in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread