PT3 leaking/fussy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakman_Smalls

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
I bought two protank 3s and have been extremely disappointed. they are very fussy, leak from the bottom and gurgle then stop hitting. I have done some research and always keep them above half way, blow through the bottoms to clear out the excess juice, etc. any useful tips to make these guys work? its become hard to rely on my vape to work without needing to carry a pocketful of q tips, a rag, and juice. just want a reliable hassle free system that wont require a lot of attention.

my current set up
nzonic clone
either 18650 or 1830 battery
pt3 at 2.2 ohms

my juices are all 50/50

thinking about switching over to carto-tanks. what are some recomendations for a hassle free, large carto tank? of coarse want good flaver, vapor, and throathit.

thanks

Blkwdw86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Gladewater, TX
Take the top post off the coil and drop a length of natural cotton yarn onto the flavor wick. Put the top post back on, trim the cotton even with the flavor wick, and reinstall. Should fix you up. It may restrict juice flow a little much, if it does, replace it with another cotton chunk with a strand or two removed. It may take some experimentation, but eventually you'll arrive at the right size wick to allow enough flow to vape but not enougb to leak.

SonHouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Seminole
At least for me, I was causing most of the issues when I had issues. I was not clearing the chamber after vaping. This leaves moist air in the chamber which condenses and runs down onto the plus terminal. That shorts your clearo and destroys vape quality. I started continuing to breathe in for a second after releasing the fire button and now it really isn't an issue.

Oakman_Smalls

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
one seems worse than the other. i just keep them topped off and make sure to clean all the threads and any contact surfaces. then blow through the 510 connector until i get the excess juice out of the chamber. seems to work well enough, but still frusterating. anyone use carto-tanks? what are the pros and cons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread