PTB Mod and M401

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2009
Hamlin, New York, USA
I know this should be posted under mods but I think it will get more attention here.

Anyone have much luck with this mod in their 401? I havent, thats why I ask. Seems like all the juice stays down at the bottom of the cart soaking in the end of the PTB and never gets used.

AM I doing something wrong?

Ive been cutting it as shown in videos, get 2 filters out of 1 bag. I take 1 filter cut it in have length-ways, fold up so I get a long double strip the same width as the 401 cart and then roll up, shove in, snip off and fill.

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
I have not used that mod in the m401, I use some Fluval brand water filter/water polisher for aquariums that you can find at pet stores. One box at around $7 should be a life time supply. Sorry can't help you with the PTB mod for the m401, I was under the impression that it worked best in the 510 anyway, I would think the m401 cart was too small for it.

Overlord

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Stony Plain, AB
I've had some small success with the PTB in a 401 cart.

But the cotton in them really does work well. My wifes carts are always bone dry when I refill them so it does use all the juice in them.

The couple test ones with the PTB do work well, just doesn't seem to wick as good. Those always have a bit of juice left in them when I refill.

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
PTB mod works fantastic with my 401, but like anything new, it took a little trial and error. I found none of the recommended methods for using the ptb really worked that well. Each had it's own different problems. But using an accordion fold, solved pretty much all of them. Now, I get at least 8 drops in when topping off, and all the juice gets used. Almost none left in the cart. No messing around with pulling the filler back to the top either.
The only thing I don't like about it, is when folding it, making all those tiny folds is a pain in the ..... But worth it. They are easy to clean, easy to reinsert into a cart, easy to fill, and easy to refill.

Abyss

Aug 10, 2009
Sofia, Bulgaria
I have personally found that 1/3 PTB works best in my case. Double folded, loosely rolled frayed. 14-15 drops when fresh and about 7-8 drops when topping off.

I still find it quite a pain to top off - all the paper clip, pushing etc. is getting on my nerves. So I only drip AND use the ptb to have good moisture. :D

I will admit I love the M403, but my all day PV is the 510 manual with a ptb. :oops:

m401 user

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
i´m using PTB mod with success, anyway there´s some liquid left in the cartridge. Old cartridges (bigger ones) work very well with PTB, new design ones are just too small.
Anyone knows where to get old design cartridges ? i have only one that i get with my starter kit... tried china supplier, local supplier, anyone seem to have new ones in stock...
any suggestions please ?

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
I've had some small success with the PTB in a 401 cart.

But the cotton in them really does work well. My wifes carts are always bone dry when I refill them so it does use all the juice in them.
Indeed, as long as you give them a wash every once in a while.

As soon as I detect a change in flavour I change carts & without fail the filler (certainly when using EVO atties) is bone dry with clean filler. Dirty filler on the other hand does retain some liquid.

WarrLordd

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
PTB mod works fantastic with my 401, but like anything new, it took a little trial and error. I found none of the recommended methods for using the ptb really worked that well. Each had it's own different problems. But using an accordion fold, solved pretty much all of them. Now, I get at least 8 drops in when topping off, and all the juice gets used. Almost none left in the cart. No messing around with pulling the filler back to the top either.
The only thing I don't like about it, is when folding it, making all those tiny folds is a pain in the ..... But worth it. They are easy to clean, easy to reinsert into a cart, easy to fill, and easy to refill.

Sorry for bumping old threads :p
Well honestly i want to try this because the cotton material in my carts suck seriously.. I mean when i vape i feel like sometimes that atty is broken cause it doesn't even get the wick of the cotton and the cotton always still have liquid, but i'll try to find my PTB soon i hope...

As you said when folding it i think just taking a toothpick and warp the material tightly around it.. And after when you done just stick it in and release the PTB in there . Yes m401 carts are very small.. But we need a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread