PTB PLUG MOD for my 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

callousparade

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2009
Virginia Tech, VA
Hey all, i have been messing around with a few mod variations and I thought i'd share this one with you all (Will post pics later, at work currently)

1) get some pyramid tea bags, cut the top seam and empty the tea out (duh)

2) cut the bag in half from top to bottom.

3) now you have two pieces, both with an L shaped seam. roll the bag long ways so you end up with a long roll. roll it fairly tight so it's no more than half a cm in width when you're done

4) This is where it gets different... you're going to roll it again in the other direction so you end up with a cinnabon shaped thing. Do this roll as tight as you can. You should end up with a very tight circle of ptb that is only about a half cm in height when you lay it on its side.

5) i then drop the plug into the clear plastic top of a cart so that it expands (not by much it should be pretty tight) and fills the cart top.

6) then i fill the whole cart with liquid, up to a little above where the cart begins to narrow. and put 2 or three drops on the plug still in the plastic cap

7)force the plastic top back onto the cart, which should force your plug into the round part of the cart, blocking the liquid inside.

8) remove the plastic top, rearrange your plug to your preference (i make it go about a quarter cm below the top of the cart) and vape away.

This mod allows you to fill up the whole cart with liquid (almost a whole mL) and the plug on the top just keeps it from leaking out. It adsorbs the liquid and wicks the atty like normal, just without taking up a ton of space in the cart.

I've had zero problems with this mod leaking (I actually did a test where i suspended one cart upside down and one sideways all night) and it wicks like a champ. Two of these babies can last me all day without any topping off or worry.

Like I said i'll post pics soon and I hope you all enjoy

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 310
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 297
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 308
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 326
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

callousparade

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2009
Virginia Tech, VA
suppose i should say how to refill them too...

i have done it two ways, if the plug looks out of place after vaping, i just take it out, wash it out and reroll it. It's easier to reroll it than it was the first time, the ptb kinda holds its shape.

or, if the plug still looks fine i just take my smallest gauge needle and inject liquid with a syringe. don't stick it through the center, closer to the side the better. put about a mL in

Yosam

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
Silicon Valley USA
I am trying this now. So far so good. I want to see how long it lasts and if I waste less liquid. I seems that it has promise. I am on a constant search for a better cart. I hate the polyfill. The PTB leaks and gets in my mouth. I was using a combo of the PTB and a bit of regular tea bag but work like regular tea bag after a short time.

Yosam

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
I haven't been able to find a grocery store that stocks the PTB. I am still using the stock polyfil material. It works well if you use the straw mod and pay close attention to how much material you use in the cart. If I am able to vape slowly, and by that I mean take breaks between vape draws, you can get most of the liquid out of the cart. But if you are like me and love the hit of a full cart then you will have to top off more often.

The more liquid you draw from the cart, the less that is available to draw accross the atomizer. So vapor production will drop when there is less liquid available. You don't really waste liquid until you have to clean the cart. Normally about 6 drops will be left in the cart.

K

YoGuRt99

Jul 10, 2009
I haven't been able to find a grocery store that stocks the PTB. I am still using the stock polyfil material. It works well if you use the straw mod and pay close attention to how much material you use in the cart. If I am able to vape slowly, and by that I mean take breaks between vape draws, you can get most of the liquid out of the cart. But if you are like me and love the hit of a full cart then you will have to top off more often.

The more liquid you draw from the cart, the less that is available to draw accross the atomizer. So vapor production will drop when there is less liquid available. You don't really waste liquid until you have to clean the cart. Normally about 6 drops will be left in the cart.

K
Hopefully there is a place near you

LIPTON Tea - Find A LIPTON Tea

:thumbs:

Dale.s

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Houston, Tx
Well i just got through making this in one of my 510 whistle tip cart, the cart empty holds .5ml, with the stopper it holds, 0.5ml, so yep, its 100% for of juice, i held it upside down, shook it, everything i could think off, and no leaks. You dont get the WOW hit the first couple of drags like a regular toped off cart gives you, but its totally consistent, 10mins of constant vaping with no dropoff, i poped out the cart and the stopper is still wet. Im gonna leave my pv standing on end to see if itll leak/over saturate the atty, but its looking great atm!

You get 1ml in your carts? i didnt relise i lost that much room by having a whitle tip, im gonna have to get some round ones and see how they work :p

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
I am such a cart mod ......
Hard to remember exactly what I have currently in my carts but i think its something like this.
2- shredded PTB
2- frayed PTB
2- paint brush bristles
and now this one.

I could not get the cinibun thing working. I got it in the rubber top but could not transfer it to the cart. What I ended up doing is using the other half of the PTB and folding it twice (i think) long way, held one end with needle nose pliers and wrapped it around. Then after letting go with the pliers and tightening the roll I stuffed it into the top of the cart. This is after already having about 12 or so drops in the empty cart from my first attempt. I then put a couple more drops on the "PTBlug" then started vaping.

So far so good. I'll let you know as time goes by.

oldienea

May 21, 2009
The round carts also hold only 0,5 ml.
I use another mod. I combine this teabag material with the original wool or new fisch tank filter wool. Just cut a strip of the teabag sligtly wider than the inside hight of the cart. Roll it up so it forms a pipe about a bit smaller than the dimeter of the cart so you can slide it inside. It should easy expand automatically so it just fits the outside wall. Fill the hole with just with about half the amount of the original filler wool. Cut of all of the teabag roll that is sticking out. This works well with all the carts that have indents or flats, because the corners remain slightly clear of the filling. That does quite work similar as like the strawmod.
Happy vaping!

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
FOR 510 rounded carts.

Im finding out that i dont need a whole lot of the PTB material to plug the end of the cart.
I opened a new PTB from the top and emptied it. Folded it top to bottom and cut the fold line. I did it again leaving me with 4 pieces. I took one of the pieces and folded it in half three times. turn 90 degrees and folded in half again leaving a small v shape. Then I put this in the cart folded end first (leaving many ends to touch the bridge.) It should not go all the way in. It should only go as far as the cart starts pinching in. I then trim off excess flush to the top of the cart then take it back out. After putting about 10-12 drops in an empty cart i put the "loose PTB plug" back in and add another couple of drops. DONT OVERFILL!

Refilling should be easy. The PTB material pretty much keeps form. Take out the LoosePTB Plug and drop more eliquid. Place LPTBP back. Add a couple more drops if needed.

Cleaning: Because the LPTBP is one piece it is really easy to remove, clean and replace.
IMAG0265.jpg

What this is attempting to accomplish:
- not take up too much space with filler material (this only uses 1/4 PTB)
- us as much of the liquid as possible in the cart (to be seen but promising)
- use PTB material to prevent leaking (proven so far)
- make initial set up easy (done)
- make refilling easy (done)
- make cleaning easy (done)
- good vapor (done)
- good taste (done)

interested in your thoughts.

--EDIT I am not using Lipton, Im using the Revolution Pyramid Tea Bags/ Infusers (couldnt find Lipton)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread