PTB PLUG MOD for my 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
I am really happy with this mod (Loose PTB Plug.) I have been using this one cart all day. I added a couple of drops in the middle of the day when I removed the LoosePTB Plug to see if there was still some juice under it. There was. No leaking despite the fact that Im only using 1/4th of the PTB material to plug it. I havent been able to find the cheaper Lipton brand so Im using the Revolution brand which was $8 for 15 pyramids. So getting more for each bag is a plus for me.

I think this is what I'll use from now on. If not I'll let you know.

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
LoosePTB Plug UPDATE

I finally got some Lipton PTBs. They are really different than the Revolution PTB that I was using. The material of the Revolution PTB is more flexible than the Lipton ones. The Lipton PTBs are easy to fold and to cut (straight.) More importantly the Lipton ones are smaller. This means that my 1/4th Loose PTB Plug may not work as well. The first thing I noticed is that after making the plug with the Lipton PTB using the same method I used for the Revolution, the plug did not stop where the cart starts to squeeze in. They just pushed all the way in. Well, at least when i put the folded end in first. It stops (kinda) when you leave the folded end up.

I have done some tests with them using grape juice. I tested the quarter piece and a half piece and (as predicted ) the half piece leaked a lot less if at all. When I shake the quarter piece vigorously drops would come out but never a lot at one time. I am going to play it safe first and use the 1/2 piece and use actual e-liquid. After grape juice testing I am confident that I will not leak but I want to make sure that it vapes and hits to my satisfaction.

I will keep you up to date.

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Quick update on the Loose PTB Plug with Lipton PTBs: (round cart for 510)

I love it.
Its working great. No spilling. tastes and vapes great.

what i did:
- Pull open the top of a Lipton PTB and empty it
- fold down in half and cut at the fold
- fold one piece from left to right in half three times.
- fold in half from top to bottom
- make an 'M' to complete the plug
- drop about 12-13 drops in the empty cart
- pinch the plug and put it in the top of the cart in a way that you can still see the 'M'
-- this way it seems that it can get some spring action
- add no more than two drops to the top of the plug
- attach onto atty and you are ready to go

This is very easy to make, easy to refill and easy to clean.
Using the PTB material keeps the liquid in the cart.
Even when vigorously shaking or banging you only a drop or two come out.

I was really worried about leaking so i tested it with grape juice. I was very happy with the results so I now have it filled with E-liquid.

have fun
rho

Last edited:

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
All I had today was a shredded PTB cart. When it was empty i took the shreds out cleaned them, filled the cart with 12-13 drops, folded the shreds, 'plugged' the cart with it (fold end down), cut just under flush to the top, then added a couple of drops. Try it. so far so good. This is a first for me... a mod of two different mods. (well three if you consider the original PTB mod)

rho

psychler

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
Oakland, CA
Just did this for the first time bout...5 minutes ago. Already it's pretty amazing. The stock filler seems to just compress down after a while and that must hinder the wicking in some way - the strength of this stuff may help? Anyway it's giving me way more consistent big flavorful hits. Good timing too as I was just getting a little bored with my 510.

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
I'm still using the stock filler with my version of the straw mod. The filler never wears out. If you use the right amount of filler with a good straw mod it wicks as good if not better than anything else. If it gets crusty on the top you simply fluff it back up with a needle or tweezers. To freshen it up simply pull it out and wash it under running warm water. It comes out fluffy and white. Put it back in and your good for several more days. I've been doing this for 7 months and I haven't thrown out any filler

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread