Pub-proof vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
Anyone of you recognize the following situation?
I'm happily vaping away at home and have everything tuned just the way I want it to be.
Between 7 and 8 pm the wife and I decide to go to our regular pub and of course I'm taking my gear with me (vaping is allowed there).
After a couple of pints it seems like I can't get any satisfaction from my PV anyomore. Upping the voltage only leads to a burnt taste.
Is it normal I need a higher nic level when drinking beer? When I smoked analogs I used to smoke way more in the pub than I did at home but the strength of the tobacco was still the same. But with my e-cig it's like it's starting to taste like nothing. How do you guys deal with this?

Seanchai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Georgia, USA
At a guess, I would say that the beer is the culprit and is altering your taste perception. I can tell you that I go to my local pub pretty regularly and my vape experience there is the same as it is at home - but I don't drink.

What kind of flavors are you normally vaping? I would try pumping up the flavor instead of pumping up the nicotine. As a last resort, I bet you'd be able to taste a mint or a menthol no matter how much beer entered the equation. ;)

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
up your nic at the pub ... the beer is making you crave more, just as you would smoke more at the pub ... you need a stronger vape.
Cheers :toast:
Cheers to you mate :) :toast: Yeah, I was thinking about that. It's just that I'm starting to chain vape after a couple o' pints and I don't want to overload myself with nic when we're there...
At a guess, I would say that the beer is the culprit and is altering your taste perception... I would try pumping up the flavor instead of pumping up the nicotine. As a last resort, I bet you'd be able to taste a mint or a menthol no matter how much beer entered the equation. ;)
Thanks Doctor but I'm a tobacco flavor vaper and going menthol or mint would only make the craving for my regular taste increase (I guess). I'm sure it's the Guinness that's causing this and I'll try upping the nic level first. If that doesn't work and I come home vomiting from nic overdose I'll see what else I can try.
I'm just curious if I'm the only one experiencing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread