public vaping brain fart

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
So the other night I was leaving the movie theater.

As I was on my way out I pulled out my mod and took a hit while in the middle of the lobby. As soon as I exhaled I realized that I just committed a no no. I took a quick guilty look about and nobody seemed to notice or care, no slew of teenage employees in red vests rushing to tackle me either. So I lowered my head and began to walk quickly to the exit.

I think vaping indoors at home has spoiled me a bit. I can vape inside work too.

Anybody else screw up like this?

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
at times it kinda seems like i'm walking between two worlds (smoker/non-smoker) as a vapor. when i smoked i couldn't do it anywhere, not in my apartment or in the car, or at the office. i had to be in a "designated zone", or my balcony. now that i vape i do it all the time at home, in the car and at the office. but then i have to keep in mind that there still are public places where my vaping is still considered akin to smoking. i haven't gone so far as to pull it out and suck in a public place like you did but i'm sure i'll slip eventually.

kaykay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2011
concrete jungle
I have had vaping brain farts like that plenty of times, like the other day in the emergency room with my oldest daughter and in the waiting area while watching t.v I honestly did not even noticing what I was doing, and here I am taking a nice deep drag of an ego and my daughter taps my arm (really dad?).I just played it off and everyone looked at me and smirked.i gently put it in my pocket.:confused:..

But I think the worst vape fart I had was not in public, it was while driving from nyc to providence rhode island abot a 3hr drive...he re I am vaping window open music blasting from the speakers doing about 80 on the highway once I finished vaping I flung the lavatube out the window :eek:: :eek: bad habbits die slow ppl.

sent from my Galaxy S5 ooooyeahhh!!

Last edited:

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
I have had vaping brain farts like that plenty of times, like the other day in the emergency room with my oldest daughter and in the waiting area while watching t.v I honestly did not even noticing what I was doing, and here I am taking a nice deep drag of an ego and my daughter taps my arm (really dad?).I just played it off and everyone looked at me and smirked.i gently put it in my pocket.:confused:..

But I think the worst vape fart I had was not in public, it was while driving from nyc to providence rhode island abot a 3hr drive...he re I am vaping window open music blasting from the speakers doing about 80 on the highway once I finished vaping I flung the lavatube out the window :eek:: :eek: bad habbits die slow ppl.

YOWZER! I guess it's a good thing I stopped smoking in the car years ago.

Yep, been there. I walked into a local Starbucks and was perusing the menu while fiddling with my vape on it's lanyard around my neck. Then proceeded to absentmindedly vape on it. As soon as I exhaled my brain kicked into gear and I had that moment of "oh s#!%".
I glanced around guiltily, certain I was about to be thrown out or given a stern warning. I caught the eye of a barista who had seen me, gave her a little "sorry! accident!" grimace and she just shrugged and made a dismissive "it's okay" hand wave. Whew!

Still though, goes to show how quickly something becomes a habit.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
So the other night I was leaving the movie theater.

As I was on my way out I pulled out my mod and took a hit while in the middle of the lobby. As soon as I exhaled I realized that I just committed a no no. I took a quick guilty look about and nobody seemed to notice or care, no slew of teenage employees in red vests rushing to tackle me either. So I lowered my head and began to walk quickly to the exit.

I think vaping indoors at home has spoiled me a bit. I can vape inside work too.

Anybody else screw up like this?

Haha yeah felt guilty as hell about it too.
I was in the lobby of a hospital waiting to see my orthopedist and for some unknown reason after waiting for an hour I look down and see my precious sitting in my lap, and next thing I know taking a hit. Look over and see the nurse laughing at me and the old people waiting with me looking at me like I'm the incarnation of satan himself.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've never had that happen to me since I've been vaping. OTOH when I smoked ...

At work, around 7:00 PM and almost everyone is gone for the day. I'm in the office working on a machine design and I'm really buried in this thing. I mean if there had been an earthquake I probably wouldn't have noticed unless my computer lost power or the monitor fell off the desk. The shaking wouldn't have done it if the computer had hung in.

I always smoked while on the computer at home. An hour ago I had gone out for a smoke break and put my smokes on the desk beside me when I got back.

I come out of my trance and realized I've just had a puff from my lit cigarette. In the office. At work. Where you can't smoke.

No ashtray anywhere, no water, I'm looking at this cigarette in amazement and have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but I know I have to get rid of it.

It worked out in the end. I came back to my senses, cupped my hand around it, walked it out to the smoking area and finished it off. I think the night guard gave me a funny look on his next rounds, but maybe that was just my conscience playing with me.

Vermiform

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Louisiana
Posted this in a dif thread talking about stealth vaping:

I accidentally did this in a software class last semester.

Good deep drag.... began my second inhale of just air while holding it in, but then the instructor said something funny and I laughed. POOF...out comes this monster cloud from behind the monitor I was ducking behind. The professor stopped in mid sentence and headed toward my computer intending to unplug it, thinking it had shorted or something. Luckily it just lead to a laugh on his part after a quick explanation and sincere apology from me. I think what saved me the most was that he was a smoker.

Catdumpling

May 30, 2014
Colorado, USA
Almost did it myself while grocery shopping last week! I absentmindedly grabbed my MVP out of my pocket and got it about halfway to my mouth before I remembered where I was at.

When I smoked I accidentally did it at work...twice! The first time, I was working in a call center for a hard drive manufacturer. I was used to smoking while sitting at my computer at home, and lit up a cigarette in my cubicle. My neighbor looked over, started laughing and said "What the hell are you doing?" I blurted out a four-letter word, jumped up from my desk an ran out the back door of the office (which my desk was right across from.) I told my boss about it later and she thought it was funny; turns out, I wasn't the first person to do that!

Second time was when I worked at the IBM complex near Boulder. I was working nights, and at that time was the only person in the office. I spent 98% of the time doing absolutely nothing, so I spaced out quite a bit. One night I managed to get through a few drags of a cigarette before it occurred to me that I wasn't actually at home, and I once again hurried out the door to the smoking area. Never told anyone about that incident ;) .

Seems like sitting at a computer for long hours was a pretty heavy trigger for me (and a couple others, as it turns out), because it never happened anywhere else. I'm not sure if I'll start getting that way with vaping, but at least it's not such an offensive odor if my brain decides to go on vacation for a few minutes!

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
I use to work at a grocery store years ago. A coworker had showed me a disposable blu (I didnt know better and they had a novelty to them). Any ways I grabbed one for kicks and giggles and in the back room Id puff away on that thing. Went walking to the front, my department, middle of the isle I take a drag. Full uniform and name tag are on but luckily no customers on that isle. I quit years ago and now have a better vape set up so I make a point to take a pull everytime I shop in there. I make sure no customers are around because I dont want to purposefully turn ppl against vaping BUT it seems after 7+ years working there its nice to subtly say "screw you store". I have had numerous times where I almost took a pull at other places. I've learned when I walk in to place my device in my pocket or my wife's purse. If I'm holding it I will try to vape.

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)

I just spit my coffee through my nose all over my desk. This is a Classic!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread