• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Puffaway??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
Well this Puffaway is a new brand I saw today in the pharmacy. While I'm an admitted NCIG high strength cart junkie, the local rep for Calora (distributors of njoy products) here in Cape Town is just hopeless.
I've been waiting more than 48 hours for carts and atomizers to be delivered to my pharmacy. Meanwhile, I'm stuck with Twisp's absolutely horrid 16mg cherry flavoured connoction and I'm draining it faster than my friend Ali who's breaking his fast with a hosepipe at sundown. I've been hammering on my pharmacists counter at least three times today with that crazed look only Junkies have. I nearly wanted jump up on the counter to wring his neck." Where are my 18mg Carts?? Where are my atomisers?? Do you want me to go and off myself with my analogs?? They're right there in my car. I 'll do it I swear" Teeth barred. Grrrr.
Bless my Pharmacist. For he is good. He's really, really good.
He pulls out a box from under the counter and I see a Marlboro hat and fancy packaging. Hmm. Interesting. Then I see "High strength". I drool. My wizened face breaks into a vapour stained smile. I mumer the word "Yes" and then "Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes" I'm so happy I could just kiss him.
"How much?"
"Just take it"
I grab it and flee into the street and once in the safety of my car, rip the packaging off and juice up my tattered cart.
I draw. I inhale. I'm hey, calm.:D
It has a name. Puffaway and it's actually nice. They call their liquid "oil"
I haven't seen their sticks though. I suspect my pharmacist is smoking all the goods.
So there you have it, another brand muscling in for shelf space amongst the Njoy and twisp.
18mg is their high and what a difference it makes from 16mg twisp high. (NCIGs carts are 18mg)
Well I suppose we'll be seeing another rep on here soon. and I suppose we'll be seeing Calora advertising a sales job this weekend-in Cape Town:evil:

Aucorium

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
To be honest I dont see the point in haggling around with local pharmacies for product, simply order online. It is way cheaper and they carry stock.

All I do is place my order online, wander down the local bank and deposit the money and wait. If its speedservices it comes next day (yes, it is more expensive) or just use bog standard delivery and wait a while.

I've ordered from Stephen and a few other online stores (even Twisp, which I regret but thats for other reasons) and the service has been nothing but exceptional.

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
Call me old fashioned, but hey a girl likes to shop where she can try the goods:D
I like the convenience (well this one time excepted) and I like to buy as and when I need as opposed to buying too much (horrors:D) or too little. I like to find my balance and it's not my high heels. I don't really mind paying more at the moment because the pharmacist takes things back immediately when broken and replaces it immediately. Straight swop. It's good old fashioned service so long as he has stock. Sorry Guys and Dolls, by the time I place an order online, schlep to my car, drive around the block looking for parking, pay a car guard, fill in a deposit slip and line up with about 100 of the great unwashed to give away money, I'd have long ago popped into my friendly pharmacy and been vaping away in bed.
By the way NPRO carts dont fit NCIG even though the boxes look the same. NPRO has 10 carts to a box while NCIG has 5. Just a heads up my sweeties, because this tannie learned the hard way.:D

Velociti

Jan 25, 2010
Kroonstad
Hi All

I have bought a set of 2 of these Puffaway E-cigs with 2 chargers and 10 cartriges and Im not getting any joy out of them. Ive followed the instructions to a tee as regards to assembly, first charging of the batteries and inserting the cartridges, but still nothing. When I take a drag, the light on the end does come on, the atomzer gets warm, but I only get 1 or two satisfiying puffs out of them. After that, nothing of at least 2 to 3 hours. What am I doing wrong. Ive even taken them back to where I bought them of a exchange, but the new ones excatly the same. The cartriges are not dry as im able to take the small insert out of them to notce this. HELP PLEASE.

Aucorium

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
Hi All

I have bought a set of 2 of these Puffaway E-cigs with 2 chargers and 10 cartriges and Im not getting any joy out of them. Ive followed the instructions to a tee as regards to assembly, first charging of the batteries and inserting the cartridges, but still nothing. When I take a drag, the light on the end does come on, the atomzer gets warm, but I only get 1 or two satisfiying puffs out of them. After that, nothing of at least 2 to 3 hours. What am I doing wrong. Ive even taken them back to where I bought them of a exchange, but the new ones excatly the same. The cartriges are not dry as im able to take the small insert out of them to notce this. HELP PLEASE.

If I remember correctly those puffaway cigs have exposed attys which is good for dripping. Try putting a couple of drops of liquid directly on the atty and take a few puffs, see if that helps.

stephenrowley

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Do you have a website address for puffaway, not sure what model they use, sometimes it all depends on the atomizer, as I have mentioned before atomizers can be a bit of a hit and miss you can have 10 atomizers for the same model electronic cigarette and all of them may produce different amounts of vapour, which is why we have switch to cartomizers they tend to produce consistently good amounts of vapour.

You may want to try get yourself a 10ml refill bottle of e-liquid and put two drops directly onto the exposed part of the atomizer, this may help you.

riche

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2009
Cape Town
I've checked out a puffaway - seems the name is appropriate – they need a lotta puffing to work …
Puffaway seem to be M401 type units…

South Africa seems to be flogging all the bad old units – watch Diskem …

Anyway ...Good Luck – and don’t give up on e-cigs – if ya can cope with all the expenses of trying out different units and e-liquids see link below:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...h-cost-vaping-better-not-start-even-quit.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread