Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Get wraps by Metre (or Yard or Fathom or whatever you colonists use nowadays :p), you don't have to buy them cut to length, they also exist as loooong rolled up tubes. Scamazon or electronics/battery suppliers usually have 'em.
Do you happen to know what size I should be looking for? Most that I see are listed with the flat width listed, I was going to grab some a few days ago, but I was unsure which to grab. I think the one I had picked was something like 31mm flat width.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
31mm may be a bit tight, 32-33mm should be fine, leaning towards 33mm. I use 30mm for my 18650 which gives me about 1.6mm for wiggle room around the battery. With 31mm you're a bit short of the half-circumference of a 20700 battery, which would be 31.4mm (just the 20mm battery with no wiggle room at all).
You can calculate the flat width with half circumference (what it essentially is)

r*PI (with r half the diameter of the battery)

and account for a little space to be able to slide it on.

• Useful
Reactions: lupinehorror
do u have any problem with batt door ? my can't sit flat when i use 21700 batt .....

I hadn't noticed at first because the magnet holds it so well. I ended up sanding the door a bit on the inside (you have to sand the magnet itself as well). Door fits beautifully now, perfectly flush.

Reactions: SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I hadn't noticed at first because the magnet holds it so well. I ended up sanding the door a bit on the inside (you have to sand the magnet itself as well). Door fits beautifully now, perfectly flush.
i was thinking sand bottom part, allow the battery sit a little deeper without sanding door :)

Reactions: Brotherblues

ubelai

Jun 18, 2018

i was thinking sand bottom part, allow the battery sit a little deeper without sanding door :)

Damn I am SO tempted to do this myself if I purchase one, as I intend to use Vapcell 21700's (40t rewraps) in there.

Seeing as you said it now sits flush with the door sanded, would you be able to provide some more photos? :)

dscl

Nov 2, 2014
These Samsung 40Ts do not fit 20700 battery wraps. I tried quite a few from different manufacturers with no joy. The 40Ts are a touch bigger than the Sanyo batteries.

I am still searching for a wrap for these batteries, if anyone has any suggestions...

I'm a little late but if anyone is still looking for 21700 wraps, I got some from 18650batterystore.com.

My 40t wrapped:
unnamed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread