Pulse dual battery squonker

Status
Not open for further replies.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Saw that VaporDNA added the Pulse dual to stock last night. Both the kit, mod only, and rda only.

I will pick up the kit at some point since I want to try the rda, and want to give the mod a fair shake as well. However, my only dual squonk currently is the Basium, and it doesn't see much use. I usually stick with my single battery devices.

Just figured I would bump this if anyone is interested. I will be out of town for a few day, back Christmas day. I'm not ordering anything else until after the holidays.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Got my Pulse Dual in this morning, which was a surprise given that it’s Sunday. I guess USPS is pulling out all the stops to get everything delivered before Christmas.

I’m loving the Pulse V2 RDA! I’m using it in single coil mode, and it’s been a real treat. Super simple to build, squonk action is perfect, smooth as silk airflow, and excellent flavor. My only quibble is that it comes with flat head grub screws, which I hate. There are hex head replacements in the spare parts bag, but they are gold plated which I also don’t care for. I replaced them with standard SS hex head grub screws from my parts bin (it’s an M3 size – either 3mm or 4mm length will work).

The mod is amazingly compact. I really didn’t appreciate how small it is until I had it in hand. It’s very comfortable to hold, squonk and fire. The bottle is a different size than the Pulse 80/90, but has the same feel and is easy to take out and refill sans mess.

The bad news is that with the brightness set at 100% there’s a lot of light leakage on the left side of the screen. Enough to be a significant irritation. It’s better at 80%, but still visible. The light leakage disappears at 50%. Since the latter setting leaves the screen bright enough for my needs, it’s livable.

The battery door is a major pain in the .... to get open and properly shut. I’m hoping it will get better as it wears in, but at present it’s a struggle.

Performance in TC has been very good. It seems to be just a little better than the TC performance on the 80w version with the most recent update, but I don’t have enough time put in as of yet to say that with confidence.

Got it in green which I think looks nice – it’s a frosted green bottle door with matching drip tip and a dark gray bottle. I have a few green bottles on order from FT to complete the look.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
An update on the Pulse Dual. I ended up returning it. While I could live with the screen and battery door issues, it started leaking internally. A good amount of juice was coming out from under the fire button, which suggested that there was an internal leak at the 510. I didn’t take it apart to confirm that since it was only a few days old, but it seems logical.

On the plus side, Eciggity made the return/exchange process very easy. I received a pre-paid return label within a couple of hours of emailing them about the problem, and the replacement was in the mail to me the same day USPS tracking showed that they received my package. Zero hassle or fuss.

The replacement is much better. Zero problems with the screen. The battery door is tight, but much easier to deal with than my first one. So far, zero leaking from the 510 after several days of usage. To be on the safe side, I added an o-ring at the base of the 510 to help with staving off any leaking. I do wish it had the fire button somewhere other than right under the 510.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread