Pulse squonk mod from Tony B & Vandy Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I'm not familiar with the chip, but it seems many people like it. If it's got a good 510 and a good enclosure, I can't see what there is to complain about. It wasn't very long ago we had to pay north of $400 for those features. There's lots of people still paying that kind of money for a cheap plastic box with a strip of copper in it.
I prefer my squonkers to be mechanical....but if I didn't, I'd think this thing was kind of a steal .
how abt VT inbox for 66++ it come with dna chip which proven work.

Reactions: scooterstew71

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
how abt VT inbox for 66++ it come with dna chip which proven work.
my smy sdna 75's sucked thanks to the included djlsb profiles and escribe is way too fiddly. my voopoo drag just worked out of the box, and worked even better with VCT. plus the pulse box looks smaller/better. I will be buying multiple pulse 80w boxes state side even if they cost more than inboxes from FT

Reactions: markfm

jj_9

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2013
FR
Hi !

looks very good even if too big because of 20700 format .
Hopefully someone from the forum get one soonly and gives real life feedback
(i'm not that much confident in videos from demo products ...)

I'd like to know in particular if he magnet of panels are strong enough because in the video, it doesn't seem (does it ? ;-))

Regards
JJ

Reactions: Figs

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
I think Tony b shouldn't have shown a sneak peek before the Chinese New year... It just frustrated people who wanted to get one... I'm not a fan of the resin panels they look too bright and gaudy for me... Also being plastic makes it seem a bit cheap and nasty.... The price point is too high... He should have stuck with the same bottles as the mech pulse bf..... And he has had a problem with an oem manufacturer taking too long to produce them... So overall doesn't give the impression of being very professional... Also the sample one he has been using has very badly fitting faceplates... He shouldn't have done the sneak peek with it.... It's ok to say oh the production model will fit fine.. but again not very professional....

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
my voopoo drag just worked out of the box, and worked even better with VCT. plus the pulse box looks smaller/better. I will be buying multiple pulse 80w boxes state side even if they cost more than inboxes from FT
I agree with the comments about the Drag. I have no doubts this will work great out of the box as far as the chip goes. The Gene is a fast, hard-hitting and very simple to operate chip. I don't do TC, but folks who use it with the Gene seem to like it. Out of the box, I'm sure the chip will perform, just like the Drag. I also bought the TOO and the Alpha and the chip in those is great as well.

I went ahead and did a pre-order from Brad's and MyVPro. Got the Seaweed Green from one place and Fantastic Blue from the other. I like the looks of the resin panels, hopefully they look/fit nice in person. Order one of the kits with the bottle, just to see what the VV refill bottle is like. I still think they should have just included the bottle (free) with all of them though. If folks like the bottle they will buy more, and many will never try it now since they have to pay extra for it.

Anyways, I am looking forward to it. I expected a lower price point, but it will probably drop some in a few months after release. I've paid more for 'lesser' mods I'm certain.

Just glad there is a choice of a Gene chip squonker available to us now. I also picked up a number of 20700's to give them a try as well. I'm sure I'll like the chip, if the 510, the box and the panels are up to par, it's still worth the money to me.

Reactions: markfm

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
The only 2 things that are keeping me from hitting the 'buy' button are:
A. The colors
B. It has a chip in it.
:D
lol

A: is a negative for me
B: is a positive for me
C: biggest negative is 'pre-order' status and no real world reviews

Hopefully by the time forum reviews come out from trusted TC vapers (i.e. not YT shills) there will be optional panels

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Afcarmona

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Las Vegas NV USA
ran into TonyB @ECC S.California - I was able to check out the actual pre-production 80w Pulse that he had been using for the past few months... he sold me on it... I'm in... preordered @eccigity (all black w/carbon fiber panels...came out to $61 and that's with priority shipping not bad... its less then the price he quoted :thumbs:...) now the waiting game...

Last edited:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
where and how to get 48 ? lowest i see from 3fvape is 65 for preorder ...
eciggity is $60 (no refill bottle) iirc + 10% off code tenpercentoff

I won't be pre-ordering. I am hoping my local shop stocks them for a fair price so I can grab it on their wild Wednesday 20% off deal

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
where and how to get 48 ? lowest i see from 3fvape is 65 for preorder ...
Create an account, login at their site with it, and the $65 turns into $48. There's also a $1 coupon code (3FVapeNewsletter) if you're okay getting their periodic newsletter.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
I'm holding out for when the extra panels come out. I bought the original Pulse via pre-order and I only had it in hand for a few weeks before they announced the smoked see though panel ones with the mattblack pulse 24 and I had to get one of those as well.

I dont need a new squonk at this point (at least I keep telling myself this) so I can wait for the reviews and more color choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread