The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Pulse squonk mod from Tony B & Vandy Vape

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by hazozita, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Senior Member

Jan 12, 2018
    how abt VT inbox for 66++ it come with DNA chip which proven work.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    my smy sdna 75's sucked thanks to the included djlsb profiles and escribe is way too fiddly. my voopoo drag just worked out of the box, and worked even better with VCT. plus the pulse box looks smaller/better. I will be buying multiple pulse 80w boxes state side even if they cost more than inboxes from FT

• Like Like x 1
  3. jj_9

jj_9 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2013
    FR
    Hi !

looks very good even if too big because of 20700 format .
    Hopefully someone from the forum get one soonly and gives real life feedback
    (i'm not that much confident in videos from demo products ...)

I'd like to know in particular if he magnet of panels are strong enough because in the video, it doesn't seem (does it ? ;-))

Regards
    JJ

• Like Like x 1
  4. scooterstew71

scooterstew71 Full Member

Apr 5, 2016
    I think Tony b shouldn't have shown a sneak peek before the Chinese New year... It just frustrated people who wanted to get one... I'm not a fan of the resin panels they look too bright and gaudy for me... Also being plastic makes it seem a bit cheap and nasty.... The price point is too high... He should have stuck with the same bottles as the mech pulse bf..... And he has had a problem with an oem manufacturer taking too long to produce them... So overall doesn't give the impression of being very professional... Also the sample one he has been using has very badly fitting faceplates... He shouldn't have done the sneak peek with it.... It's ok to say oh the production model will fit fine.. but again not very professional....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. score69

score69 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    I agree with the comments about the Drag. I have no doubts this will work great out of the box as far as the chip goes. The Gene is a fast, hard-hitting and very simple to operate chip. I don't do TC, but folks who use it with the Gene seem to like it. Out of the box, I'm sure the chip will perform, just like the Drag. I also bought the TOO and the Alpha and the chip in those is great as well.

I went ahead and did a pre-order from Brad's and MyVPro. Got the Seaweed Green from one place and Fantastic Blue from the other. I like the looks of the resin panels, hopefully they look/fit nice in person. Order one of the kits with the bottle, just to see what the VV refill bottle is like. I still think they should have just included the bottle (free) with all of them though. If folks like the bottle they will buy more, and many will never try it now since they have to pay extra for it.

Anyways, I am looking forward to it. I expected a lower price point, but it will probably drop some in a few months after release. I've paid more for 'lesser' mods I'm certain.

Just glad there is a choice of a Gene chip squonker available to us now. I also picked up a number of 20700's to give them a try as well. I'm sure I'll like the chip, if the 510, the box and the panels are up to par, it's still worth the money to me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    The only 2 things that are keeping me from hitting the 'buy' button are:
    A. The colors
    B. It has a chip in it.
    :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    lol

A: is a negative for me
    B: is a positive for me
    C: biggest negative is 'pre-order' status and no real world reviews

Hopefully by the time forum reviews come out from trusted TC vapers (i.e. not YT shills) there will be optional panels

• Like Like x 1
  8. untar

untar Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    I'm still undecided on getting it though I have determined that I won't preorder it. I'll be one of those waiting to see how well it is received and if Lost Vape didn't put out or announce a 20700 squonker by then I might buy a pulse

• Like Like x 1
  9. ShaneR42

ShaneR42 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2016
    I won't preorder either. Not my thing. I'll just wait until the stock is actually available before I buy. If there are some reviews out there by then, even better. Regardless, there aren't any other regulated squonkers out there that are appealing...so, this will probably be a purchase.

10. Afcarmona

Afcarmona Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2014
    Las Vegas NV USA
    ran into TonyB @ECC S.California - I was able to check out the actual pre-production 80w Pulse that he had been using for the past few months... he sold me on it... I'm in... preordered @eccigity (all black w/carbon fiber panels...came out to $61 and that's with priority shipping not bad... its less then the price he quoted :thumbs:...) now the waiting game...

• Like Like x 2
  11. bsidb

bsidb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    i don't wrap willy-nilly coils so see no need for a regulated squonk, all my coils are .2 and for now don't feel like any other coil is necessary, for now anyway ill hold off

12. markfm

markfm Aussie Pup Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I ended up going 3f, all black, skipped the refill bottle since I have multiple. $48 shipped using us express and a $1 coupon.

• Like Like x 1
  13. pianoguy

pianoguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 4, 2009
    Apple Valley, MN
    I also pre-ordered an all-black one from 3f, as well as a Berserker atty.

• Like Like x 1
  14. cliffy15

cliffy15 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Honolulu, HI
    I gave in and preordered from eciggity. I probably should have just arranged to pickup in-store but I'm lazy.

edit: I have a VT Inbox v3 and quite like it. Instead of buying another as backup I ordered this.

• Like Like x 3
  15. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Senior Member

Jan 12, 2018
    where and how to get 48 ? lowest i see from 3fvape is 65 for preorder ...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    eciggity is $60 (no refill bottle) iirc + 10% off code tenpercentoff

I won't be pre-ordering. I am hoping my local shop stocks them for a fair price so I can grab it on their wild Wednesday 20% off deal

• Like Like x 2
  17. markfm

markfm Aussie Pup Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Create an account, login at their site with it, and the $65 turns into $48. There's also a $1 coupon code (3FVapeNewsletter) if you're okay getting their periodic newsletter.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Rathamar

Rathamar Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Mound - Minnesota, USA
    I'm holding out for when the extra panels come out. I bought the original Pulse via pre-order and I only had it in hand for a few weeks before they announced the smoked see though panel ones with the mattblack pulse 24 and I had to get one of those as well.

I dont need a new squonk at this point (at least I keep telling myself this) so I can wait for the reviews and more color choices

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. jifjifjif

jifjifjif Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2011
    Vape Canaveral, FL
    Good morning everyone. I have a question. I have one of these mods arriving today, the mechanical one. My question is, like the REO has a spring which will drop in the event of a short, are there any safety features on the pulse?

20. untar

untar Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    You can lock the firing switch. That's about it regarding security, it's in your hands from there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.