Pulse squonk mod from Tony B & Vandy Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Good morning everyone. I have a question. I have one of these mods arriving today, the mechanical one. My question is, like the REO has a spring which will drop in the event of a short, are there any safety features on the pulse?

only....
You can lock the firing switch. That's about it regarding security, it's in your hands from there.
^this... and the grey matter between your ears when it comes to coil building and battery safety

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
hehe, good luck with your pulse 80w pre-orders all.

from VU's thread about the 80w pulse so just hearsay at this point:

So it sounds like the Pulse will NOT have the Gene chip after all. Some kind of fight between VandyVape and Voopoo. Sounds like maybe Voopoo screwed them over, probably on price, in order to release their own squonk device. More to come from Tony B later today.

edit: I also heard that the rage squonk by ohmboy would have the gene chip....

Reactions: untar

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
There's something on Tony Brittans FB page indicating there's a problem, yeah. Can't wait to see the vid.
If there's really no Gene chip maybe they'll slip in a tesla board instead that'd be the dream
Kreygasm.png

Would be small enough, readily available and shouldn't change the price point.
Just letting my imagination rip here so don't tell anyone. Also, better forget you read this ;)

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
This really has f'ed up my day. I have it on pre-order from THREE different places. The Gene chip was one of the big determining factors for me.

If they screwed over Tony/VV on the chip, then I would have a hard time buying another VooPoo product, even if they are releasing their own squonk with the chip.

Not even sure I want it anymore, depending on what they end up doing for a chip.

Watching closely today for Tony's video. Really disappointed. Only recently been into squonking and I wanted this mod more than anything.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
It does look like it's going to be a VV chip now. Tony is editing video now apparently.

I'm still going to go through with my pre-orders, just wish I had maybe only gotten two instead of three.

If the VV chip has solid power mode, I will be happy, but I hope it does decent TC as well for those of you who use it. Hopefully we are pleasantly surprised.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
HM chips good ? than how abt RSQ ?
sorry off topic abit ....
i have 2 rsq's, my first time using the hm chip and I have no complaints. It gives a real good tc vape with ss wire and does fine in wattage mode also. I plan on grabbing a couple more rsq now that the pulse 80w chip is going to be a brand new / first time chip for VV.

edit: the rsq is small but heavy, but I have no issues carrying it in the leg pocket of my carpenter jeans when not wearing a belt (and also pocket carrying a gun at the same time).

Reactions: SonnyCooL

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
HM chips good ? than how abt RSQ ?
sorry off topic abit ....
I've only used it in power mode, but I can't tell the difference between it and my Inbox.

There are some folks here who use it in TC that I'm sure will be along.

Guess my post is pointless, Fozzy beat me to it and has TC info as well. :)

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I plan on grabbing a couple more rsq now that the pulse 80w chip is going to be a brand new / first time chip for VV.
Yeah I like my RSQs as well. Nice mod. Since I have the Pulse on pre-order already, I'll give it a shot, especially considering I only use power mode. Who knows, maybe VV did VooPoo a solid and 'borrowed' some of the Gene chip code? ;) It will be interesting to see how it ends up.

Reactions: Fozzy71

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Min usd 10 cheaper, look like vandy vape/Tony B is all out on this mod n voopoo .....
Just got an email from MyVPro. Price drop due to propriety chip change. $10 refund to CC for those of us that already purchased, or $15 store credit.

Watched the whole video. Absolutely NO respect for VooPoo, and have no reason to doubt Tony.

I'm keeping my pre-orders in place and will keep an open mind for the VV chip. This might be a pleasant surprise.

I'm a big fan of the Gene chip (currently own 7 VooPoo mods), but I will not be buying a VooPoo squonk if they release one based on the Pulse design. Not sure how I feel about them now anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread