Pulse X 90w sqounk bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Mohler

Oct 29, 2019
So I recently purchased a Pulse X 90w. And I've noticed that the squonk bottle is leaking inside the mod itself. And sometimes juice gets pretty close to the positive battery contact. Does anyone know what may be causing this? Whenever I fill the bottle I always fill it up to about 3/4 so that there is displacement for the tube itself. I get it all screwed down and back in then after a while, or my next fill I notice that it's leaked again. This is becoming a rather annoying problem. And I'd rather not chuck a mod that I just bought because of a stupid issue such as this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't squonk and know little about it but I guess my first guess would be try a replacement bottle (I don't know if there are any non proprietary bottles that fit) but perhaps your bottle has a leak?

Sorry to state the blindingly obvious but, well,. it's what I got. I['m sure you will get better answers later.

Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

borno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2019
land of pleasant living
Maybe stick a toothpick or something in the tube and sqeeze to see if the bottle is bad? I've got one I really have to tighten or it will leak a bit. I leave a little room and as I screw the top on and see the juice coming up slowly release as I tighten the tops and the juice doesn't come out when I fill them. Still have to wipe some juice out when refilling sometimes. I've got a couple Luna's and a ram stentorian. (so far) :)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
While I don't have the Pulse X 90w this appears to be an issue going back to the Pulse 80w squonker. I do have a couple of their Pulse BF mech squonkers (and several other BF'ers). The Pulse BF mech doesn't leak.

In your case I don't think the bottle is the cause, or source, of the leaking. I've used that same bottle in another squonker and have no leaks.

This video clearly shows the problem (2:42 forward) and this video shows how one person fixed his by sealing the 510 assembly.

Good luck. :)

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I have a Pulse 90 and yes I do get some leaking but mainly around the 510 atty fitting. All my Vandy Vape mods tend to leak at the 510. Make sure the silicon tube extending from the bottle fully covers the the metal nipple inside....I always give the tube a slight pull before replacing the bottle to insure a good seal. I no longer remove the bottle but use a Vandy Vape 30mil refill bottle that way I only disturb the squnok bottle when cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread