Purchase advice, draw answers 901/EVO/Pilot please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
I've talked a few people into giving e-cigs a go. Now what to order? I have a penstyle and pilot from Puresmoker I've let them try. Both 4 hole atomizers. Just to clarify, when I say draw...Both long slow drag. My penstyle needs a lot more force like sucking a milkshake through a straw and the Pilot is like air, almost no resistance.

I know there is an adaptation period to get your technique right with various devices. I got my pilot Friday and have been giving it a thorough go. Other than the size of the Pilot, which I loved, I wasn't really impressed and kept catching myself going for the pen. Guess I had just adapted to the harder draw. Now that I've got the draw and on the go fill down for the Pilot, I like it. But until I get another kit I wouldn't even consider going out for any extended length of time. I guess I vape too much as I'm only getting about 4hrs on the batteries. IMO it's pretty darn close to an analog.

Neighbors - Wife liked the harder draw and easier fill of the pen, but the smaller size of the Pilot. I suggested the 901 might work best for her, but as I've never tried one I can't say as to the draw. So I told her I'd ask. Husband liked the no effort and no prime puff of the Pilot. They are both 2-3pk a day smokers. My suggested starter order for them was a 901 kit, a Pilot kit, an extra atomizer for each, some carts and the juice sampler. Does that seem about right?

My GM - Chain smoker for 63 years. She's the reason for me trying the pilot. She can't work the hard draw on the penstyle. I'm not talking needing to work on the technique, I'm talking doesn't have the lung capacity to even start it. Her requirements were easy draw, smaller size, round mouthpiece and white/brown/orange LED. (None of that crazy looking stuff I'm smoking.) The closest to an analog I could find. I looked at the EVO's, but after reading about both the EVO and now the Pilot, I think she'd be happier with the longer cutoff/shorter intermission of the Pilot and will try to talk her around.

The only thing I can't get past is the cartridges. I think I get about the equivalent of 3 analogs before I'm grabbing the juice. She will go through them like nobody's business and then it'll be the economy/depression talk coupled with the makin' everything more difficult/crazy new fangled ideas and back to the analogs. Now I am willing to make the trip out once a month to refill, but we're still talking a lot of carts. She shakes bad, so refilling herself won't work with a Pilot or EVO. Will the bigger capacity EVO carts fit the Pilot? Do the bigger carts make the draw significantly harder? With the caps back on and in a baggie how long would refills stay good?

I was thinking for her to start - 2 Pilot kits with the longer batteries, extra atomizer and about 225 of the larger capacity EVO carts.

Other than the charging, just pop on and off carts and go.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Your recommendations for your neighbours seem sound, those are both popular devices and should work well.

Your grandma is a bit more difficult, the only device that came to my mind was the expected Dura C but that's going to still be in the testing stages for a while.

It will have manual switch - that's great if you can't or don't like to draw to operate the atomiser, vapour is ready before you draw. It took me a day or so to get used to a manual switch and now I think it's great.
Dura cartridges are also bigger or hold more than 901s I think (I could be wrong here).
It's pretty small.
You might be able to get it in white, I don't know.

Be aware that there have been problems with the first batch of Duras and there is no guarantee that there won't be problems with the C but if it fits the bill it might be worth a look.

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
Thanks Kate, I'll look into it. I know she's more difficult, but hey I don't mind getting to test drive the stuff for her. ;)

The neighbors, well I've got to live next to them, so it's better if we stay on friendly terms. KWIM E-smoking is not for everyone and it's easy to get carried away and spend way to much on stuff that's junk to begin with or just not the right one for you. So I'm trying to stress moderation and buying from reputable sources.

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
I'm anxiously awaiting reviews. The charging case is quite appealing. I think if I can hit on about everything else, the coloring will be negotiable.

A bit larger capacity cart and a similar charging case for the pilot with slots for 1 fully assembled, 1 broken down charging, a couple extra carts and/or slim bottle of juice and I would be in running around heaven. :wub:

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
Does anyone know if the $58.95 price is some kind of pre-order sale on the Dura-C and the price will be jacked up soon, or is that the probable going rate for awhile? With replacement atomizers at $23.50 alone, that price seems low to me. I'd like to see some reviews first and they don't have the charger case available in the color I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread