Pure or Blu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB89

May 3, 2010
USA
I'm having a hard time deciding which e-cig is right for me. I've narrowed it down to these two brands. They are very similar to one another (Price, PCC, blue LED). I can't find any reviews for the Pure e-cig so I'm leaning towards the Blu. Does anyone have any experience with Pure?

Pure website: purecigs.com

Note: Thread moved to reviews of Suppliers by AngusATAT

Last edited by a moderator:

mini_art

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
Florida USA
Neither one is my opinion, do a lot of reading on the forum to find your best choice before you buy. Blu is a nice little kit if you are an occasional smoker . Not for someone that really smokes very much.
All of the super mini types are like that. For a small compact kit with a pcc look at vapor4life.
You may be a lot happier with that one compared to the supermini. It is comparable in size but is an all grown up kit:)

Last edited:

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
My first one was Blu and my experience was identical to other review I've found. It's so touchy that you never know when it will work, you may get 3 puffs out of an entire cart until no more vapor is produced and 3/4 of the fluid is wasted. And even when it is, the vapor is lame. The Blu is really a beautiful looking and feeling product and very well constructed but it just doesn't work.
I dont know anything about the pure E-Cig. The smaller they are the less they perform. A 901 may treat you well, you can get those many places.

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC
Neither one is my opinion, do a lot of reading on the forum to find your best choice before you buy. Blu is a nice little kit if you are an occasional smoker . Not for someone that really smokes very much.
All of the super mini types are like that. For a small compact kit with a pcc look at vapor4life.
You may be a lot happier with that one compared to the supermini. It is comparable in size but is an all grown up kit:)

+1

Take some time and read the review sections here in these forums. Write down some models that come highly recommended by several reviewers and then pick the one that seems to be the best fit for you, in both styling and size.

Badfish20

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Lewiston, Id
I think the Blu is garbage,(the cart and atty atleast) but to each their own. The nice thing about the 510 (besides the awesome performance) is that almost every vendor carries stuff for it, or makes a mod, different battery or whatever that is compatible with it.

If you want Blu stuff...you have to use Blu, and their customer service is horrible. The only way I could use my Blu, was to put a 510 atty and cart on it.

On a plus note, I modded my Blu PCC to carry 510s:)

But seriously, I almost gave up on vaping before I even started because of the Blu's inconsistentcy.

Enigma32

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Melbourne, FL
www.eliquiddepot.com
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
...........Their battery capacity is only 90mAH, among the smallest in the market. Our battery capacity is 220mAH, among the highest......

220mah being one of the highest in the market????? Maybe the small cigy sized, auto battery, can't drip, no throat hit and very inconsistent from puff to puff market. Why don't you come out with a 700 - 1000 mAh device like so many of us on this forum use? 6-8 hours on a charge with consistent throat hit and warm vapor. A better product is always a welcome change. I don't see the point in just more of the same.

And to the OP, if you must have a small device, I agree with those who suggested a manual battery 510.

Last edited:

Enigma32

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Melbourne, FL
www.eliquiddepot.com
220mah being one of the highest in the market????? Maybe the small cigy sized, auto battery, can't drip, no throat hit and very inconsistent from puff to puff market. Why don't you come out with a 700 - 1000 mAh device like so many of us on this forum use? 6-8 hours on a charge with consistent throat hit and warm vapor. A better product is always a welcome change. I don't see the point in just more of the same.

And to the OP, if you must have a small device, I agree with those who suggested a manual battery 510.

Just to be clear 220mAH is "*among* the highest" in the mini class. 510 and 401 come in around that range. No need for hostility.

700-1000mAH is certainly no small device, but can pack a punch :)

Enigma32

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Melbourne, FL
www.eliquiddepot.com
I was not allowed to respond officially on behalf of purecigs.com before getting my "registered supplier" status on the forum. Having received it, feel free to post or pm any questions you may have.

My knowledge of blu is limited to the product itself. My experience with them was in their early days, before I became a vendor myself, they had gotten ahold of my cellphone number and a telemarket woke me daily for 3 weeks trying to sell me a "free trial". So, yea, I have no personal experience dealing with them.

Regarding my own customer service, I have been answering customers and shipping orders within 24 hours and hope to continue meeting that goal. All orders are flat rate $5, free over $50, and ship priority mail with delivery confirmation.

Regarding the product itself, somebody in this thread had called ours a "super mini" like blu's. It is not. Blu's cigs are 88mm (~3.46") long with 90mAH battery capacity, while ours is 109mm (~4.29") long with 220mAH capacity. Some might find the smaller size convenient, but that battery capacity is far from convenient. Ours is comparable to a 100 size cigarette. Given the popularity of other ecigs of this size, most people do not mind this.

Likewise, our portable charger pack also has a larger capacity. It is also a "smart" pack with a LCD battery indicator on the front. Imagine walking around with a cellphone that you never know whether its fully charged or about to die, and you can see why this is a useful feature. It also has a built in LED flashlight. Our pack does not have the problems blu's has. (1. if you leave a battery in the blu pack after it is charged, it will then drain itself. They try to claim this is a safety feature. 2. it will often light up indicating that it is charging, and yet not even charge the battery.)

Also, blu only offers their batteries in black and white color. Ours comes in blue, red, and black. I don't even like the color red, but I personally love these red batteries the best.

At this time we carry the flavors Tobacco, Menthol, Cherry, 555, RY4(risque), Watermelon, Blueberry, Apple, and Vanilla.

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
Just avoid the Blu, unless you are still on the fence about vaping. My roommate got it, and 2 days later ordered a 510 w/ PCC.

The Blu has poor vapor and throat hit, crappy and expensive carts, and great marketing. Seriously, they have a zillion ads out there. That's how they get you!

cak10

Apr 19, 2010
Tulsa OK
I do have a blu and it works for me. The battery life is short and you have the recharger pack (this is very convenient). You do have to constantly change the batteries if you are chain smokin', like myself. This is my first ecig and it did help me get off of analogs. I went to Volcano to get replacement atty's and the usb adapter, also i refill my carts(saves money). Basically if the Pure has a longer battery life, comparable prices and 30 day return policy like blu....Give it a try. My 2c.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
First of all I want to say that I’m Not a Blu basher… I fact I’m vaping one right now.

I think too many people bash the Blu because of this that and the other thing. But to me it is like comparing sub-compact cars to mid sized to full sized to trucks. They all have their good and their bad. You can’t compare a 2 seat MG Midget to a Ford F250 4X4.

The Blu was my second e-Cig. I bought, in this order 4 e-Cigs: Premium Electronic Cigarette (KR8 Cartomizer), Blu, RN8081, Joye 510.

What attracted me to Blu was the Size and that for $60 you got a Kit With a PCC. My first e-Cig was 110mm and it just seemed too long and to heavy. So I got a Blu.

Wow. The thing is too cool! The size is perfect and it felt right in my hand. Can an e-Cig be sexy? The Blu is. But the issue I had was cartridge capacity and Battery life. I had gone thru the loop learning that OEM juice isn’t always the best so when I tried the Blu and it didn’t give a decent Throat Hit or Vapor I was ready. I stuffed a cart with Blue Foam and used my VG base e-Juice. It hit like a dream. But going from a pack a day of analogs, I found that the carts and the batteries just didn’t last long enough. I always was charging a battery and refilling a cartridge.

This is what lead me to the RN4081 and then to the Joye 510. Better battery life and more cart capacity. I just couldn’t bring myself to returning the Blu because I REALY liked the size. And then when I found that a Blu had the same thread size as a 510, well I could put a 510 Cartomizer on it. I could also charge my 510 batteries with the Blu PCC.

So what’s it all mean?

For me, being a heavy former smoker, the Blu just didn’t give me the Battery or cart capacity I wanted. I know people who smoke 3 or 4 analogs a day and have let them barrow my Blu and they love it. Most have bought either a Blu or a Volcano and are very happy.

So how would a Pure work for me? It might not. The larger batteries of the Pure would solve that issue. But if I am now at the same size as a 510, well I would get a 510. Size it what I like about the Blu, it is small.

And the 510 probably has a larger cart capacity. As a 1st e-Cig for a light to moderate analog smoker, it might be a good choice. And if the tread size is the same as a 510 all the better.

Like I said, I’m vaping on a Blu right now and it is too cool. But my 510 is my day to day workhorse where as the Blu I just take out when I do short trips in the car or when I go to a bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread