Pure Smoker Tanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznfknpride

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2009
Hawaii
My buddy just got a couple... here are my thoughts.

I do not care for the flange style cartos. They only allow you to fill from the top, and you can't change cartos without emptying the tank. With my J tanks and Boge cartos, I can just shove the threaded end of a new carto into where the drip tip would go into the old carto and just shove it through without spilling any juice or having to empty the tank. Really convenient if your carto takes a crap on you with a full or nearly full tank. No reason why Boges wouldn't work with the BUD tanks, but they just feel cheapy to me compared to the J tanks, much like the DCT tanks from Smoktech.

Don't get me wrong, my first tank was a DCT from Smoktech and it got the job done... but I only bought them to hold me off until the J tanks were back in stock. The DCTs were loose fitting on the cartomizer and were really slidy and spun a lot, if you over tightened the carto it was a ..... to get the tank off without making a mess. My buddy has been experiencing the slipperiness of the BUD tanks and said one of them were leaky, but I didn't get a chance to check it out (we were at work). The J tanks are only slidy when you first fill/refill them, give them about 10 minutes and they lock up pretty nicely.

I'm sure there are a lot of other great tanks out there, but the J tank from ElectronicStix is the only other one I have experience with, because it just worked the way it was supposed to and didn't see the need to try anything else... I've got seven of them scattered across my desk, all of them work flawlessly and have NEVER leaked on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread