Status
Not open for further replies.

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2008
Southern California USA
www.ecigmall.com
The only difference I notice is that the 4 hole as easier drag - vapor output is about equal. I don't know about reliability though which is a benefit Cash gave for the 4 hole... anyone else share comparisons of the two? Also, from watching Leaford's review of e-cig.com's penstyle, apparently Cash's batteries are of the same quality as njoy's which may be why his two-hole produces such great vapor in my experience. Anyway he's probably only selling 4 holes from now on so it don't matter much :).

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
The only difference between 2 holes and 4 is easier airflow, therefore an easier draw. I wouldn't expect more vapor from it.

u might get less (or weaker) if the ratio between the outside air drawn in and the heaters ability to produce enough vapour isnt right.. too much outside air relative to the vapour produced means weaker diluted vapour..

also the pressure differential needed to activate the heater switch is less.. which means less reliable switching..

the chinese give us what they think we want.. they think we want cigarette look alikes so they give us them.. the fact this means a battery that isnt big enough to do the job it has to do the chinese dont care about.. they have given us what we want..

they think we want a lighter more cigarette like draw so they give us it.. people will love it even thow it will cause other problems like those mentioned above..

people but too much faith in the ability of technology to solve basically (at present) insoluble problems..

it aint as simple as bunging more holes in an e smoking device to make it more cigarette like.. or making it smaller.. both examples will cause the device to not work as well in the long run.. but the chinese dont care as long as we "love" the new "improved" product and buy it.. as we will..

sorry to p-ss on the parade dudes but someone has to..

trog

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Gash ... The biggest advantage to a 4 hole atomizer is the easier draw. More vapor can be attributed to any number of things.

I tend to get more vapor from the 4 hole, only because I don't have to suck my brains out and it doesn't seem like a constant battle with the atomizer to get that vapor! LOL ...

And yes, all kits come standard 4 hole now, however, I do keep several 2 holes on hand for clients that would prefer them over the 4 hole :)

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
u might get less (or weaker) if the ratio between the outside air drawn in and the heaters ability to produce enough vapour isnt right.. too much outside air relative to the vapour produced means weaker diluted vapour..

also the pressure differential needed to activate the heater switch is less.. which means less reliable switching..

the chinese give us what they think we want.. they think we want cigarette look alikes so they give us them.. the fact this means a battery that isnt big enough to do the job it has to do the chinese dont care about.. they have given us what we want..

they think we want a lighter more cigarette like draw so they give us it.. people will love it even thow it will cause other problems like those mentioned above..

people but too much faith in the ability of technology to solve basically (at present) insoluble problems..

it aint as simple as bunging more holes in an e smoking device to make it more cigarette like.. or making it smaller.. both examples will cause the device to not work as well in the long run.. but the chinese dont care as long as we "love" the new "improved" product and buy it.. as we will..

sorry to p-ss on the parade dudes but someone has to..

trog

now people should listen to trog on this one because he is right on the money.

I personally prefer a four hole atomiser but to have that peace of mind you need a long guarantee more than 14 to 30 days replaceable. The four hole atomiser does not last as long as you're one or two hole atomiser as we have found out from personal experience and if anybody that has found one which can last a good two months please contact me and I will personally buy a boat load from you.

Every four hole atomiser which we have tried after one week they don't perform as well but after two weeks it gets to the ridiculous stage then we always send them back for replacement which is no problem as long as your guarantee covers this and you don't mind keep banging these back in the post waiting for the others to arrive oh this is why we have six sets of theJanty kiss box classic so we have enough spares while waiting.

But when these are new and it's your first four whole atomiser you think brilliant cracked it never go back to using the others again then in weeks down the road you're looking for your old atomiser as yours needs to go back for replacement.

You will find some suppliers are holding back on selling these because they can't afford to guarantee the product for long in less their manufacturer gives them one to two year warranty but that's how the branded models get round this and offer you this extended warranty they might last you a month but their warranty through manufacture is from 12 months so supplier and customer are both happy but it still also a hassle for the supplier to keep bagging them up and sending them back to the manufacturer has their still shipping costs involved in this merry-go-round.

I'm getting that frustrated lately with unacceptable quality that I am considering taking a trip myself to China and visit some factories and try to explain to these people what needs to be done to get this product right because it ain't rocket science and they don't seem to understand when you write e-mails to them so perhaps face-to-face with my mate from the local Chinese restaurant might get some sense out of all this.

Also you will find the flavour isn't as rich with the four hole as it will cook the juice more rapidly so my advice to anybody that prefers enjoying the flavour of the vapour keep to your one or two hole atomiser.

But as I said earlier I do preferred the four hole and always have done and it's probably down to me all of this four hole talk started in the first place and then some suppliers took note but it's so frustrating how long these are lasting at the moment. But people will think why does he use four hole after what he has just said to me it's that easy draw and when these are new they gave a great hit but sadly it don't last long.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA

I personally prefer a four hole atomiser but to have that peace of mind you need a long guarantee more than 14 to 30 days replaceable. The four hole atomiser does not last as long as you're one or two hole atomiser as we have found out from personal experience and if anybody that has found one which can last a good two months please contact me and I will personally buy a boat load from you.

My 4 hole atomizer is neither a DSE801, Janty's Model (that will remain disclosed) or Sedansa's model. My 4 hole is specially made for me (and Simon), so please don't speak on behalf of all 4 hole atomizers. :)

Our manufacturer actually made the 4 holes smaller than most standard 4 hole atomizers. This allows for better airflow over the 2 hole BUT doesn't feel like sucking air its so easy. (Leaford can confirm the size of the hole's if you'd like)

Hopefully, these smaller holes will help solve any and all issues that were attributed to the other brand 4 hole atomizers. :)

Please also remember, that I have no problem branding my ecig and offering a 6-12 month warranty, but there is also a premium that would be paid as well. I chose to go the other route and make it as affordable up front as possible and replace as needed :)

In the end, it comes down to personal preference.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Right cash if you have a good reliable 4hole atomiser and hope you have because this would least mean some progress. Prove it send me a couple to try and I will gladly endorse your products and promote it on this forum and elsewhere to. Helping your turnover as you Americans friends are receiving ours from our suppliers but we in the UK aren't receiving any of your products to review.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Right cash if you have a good reliable 4hole atomiser and hope you have because this would least mean some progress. Prove it send me a couple to try and I will gladly endorse your products and promote it on this forum and elsewhere to. Helping your turnover as you Americans friends are receiving ours from our suppliers but we in the UK aren't receiving any of your products to review.

Ned ... All I was simply trying to point out is not to down a product before you have tried it. Just because you tried another suppliers 4 hole atomizer (separate model/larger holes) don't automatically assume all 4 hole atomizers are made the same.

You guys in the UK will be able to get your hands on these 4 hole atomizers soon enough. I'm not looking for an endorsement. I prefer true and actual client facts and user experiences over endorsements.

For the record. The number of complaints regarding the 2 hole atomizer is why I originally fought for, and got 4 hole atomizers. No ecig is perfect, and I understand that, but at this point, 2 hole complaints far, far, far, outweigh 4 hole atomizer complaints.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i think the atomizer life and guarantee problem will soon be solved.. the industry will move over to the atomizer in the cart concept.. the sooner the better..

that just leaves the bloody batteries.. which are also disposable but being sold with guarantee they cant live up to because their capacity isnt up to the job they are required to do..

now a "screwdriver" sold with atomizer in a cart refill will last a year with no guarantee send back problems for seller or end user...

the downside.. it dosnt and cant look like a real cigarette.. but with technology at its present state thats life.. the rest is just "dreams"..

trog

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
now a "screwdriver" sold with atomizer in a cart refill will last a year with no guarantee send back problems for seller or end user...

the downside.. it dosnt and cant look like a real cigarette.. but with technology at its present state thats life.. the rest is just "dreams"..

trog

I agree trog ...

Battery technology is still what is holding back the ecig world from really taking off. Your screwdriver device is *awesome* if infact the battery lasts as long as it does... Vids would be GREAT!

There will always be people wanting to having something they can hold like a cigarette, while others just want powerhouses, don't care what they look like, as long as the vapor and nic hit is intense, they will buy it.

Lots of different views and personal preferences...I just don't see that "perfect" ecig being made yet that can satisfy *everyone.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Ned ... All I was simply trying to point out is not to down a product before you have tried it. Just because you tried another suppliers 4 hole atomizer (separate model/larger holes) don't automatically assume all 4 hole atomizers are made the same.

You guys in the UK will be able to get your hands on these 4 hole atomizers soon enough. I'm not looking for an endorsement. I prefer true and actual client facts and user experiences over endorsements.

For the record. The number of complaints regarding the 2 hole atomizer is why I originally fought for, and got 4 hole atomizers. No ecig is perfect, and I understand that, but at this point, 2 hole complaints far, far, far, outweigh 4 hole atomizer complaints.

Calm down, calm down , cash if you want me to pay I will .I can afford it you know. I just don't understand why you seem to have a better atomiser than everybody else and you must have the finances to have the factory retool their equipment. The only way of us in the UK knowing this would be to try it. And I already have loads of different manufacturers 4 hole atomiser already and not just from janty or sedansa and I hoped yours would be far superior to what I have tried that is why I was anxious in trying yours and if you don't wish for your business to grow overseas fair enough. But what do I know I'm only a businessman. I just don't understand our UK generic suppliers are willing to share their products to the US and some of US generic suppliers will not give us in the uk a chance or is this just a British thing but I always thought the American people were more generous perhaps I got it wrong.

And I hope that you do get less complaints with your four hole atomiser than two but don't bank on this as nobody has seen to have proved this yet.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
i think the atomizer life and guarantee problem will soon be solved.. the industry will move over to the atomizer in the cart concept.. the sooner the better..

Not quite- the paper (or cotton, or whatever the heck it is that wraps the heater coil) tends to burn (although if you keep refilling instead of lettign it dry out, this improves how long hte cart/atomizer will last) and the taste is not as strong from this type of atomizer either for some reason. I'm not sure why hte paper/cotton that wraps hte coil burns, I think perhaps with use, it tends to flop inwards against the heatercoil, and will burn through even if still wet- The cart/atomizer setup is almost perfect, but a way needs to be invented to keep the paper/cotton off the actual coil I think to keep it from flopping inward and contacting the heatercoil. I'm not sure if htis contact is actually needed, or if the paper/cotton acts as a wick and draws hte liquid close enough to coil to vaporize- not exactly sure how it works, but the design, while in my opinion much better than penstlyes, still isn't perfect for htose reasons mentioned above- but we're gettign close to hte perfect design I think

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA

Calm down, calm down , cash if you want me to pay I will .I can afford it you know. I just don't understand why you seem to have a better atomiser than everybody else and you must have the finances to have the factory retool their equipment. The only way of us in the UK knowing this would be to try it. And I already have loads of different manufacturers 4 hole atomiser already and not just from janty or sedansa and I hoped yours would be far superior to what I have tried that is why I was anxious in trying yours and if you don't wish for your business to grow overseas fair enough. But what do I know I'm only a businessman. I just don't understand our UK generic suppliers are willing to share their products to the US and some of US generic suppliers will not give us in the uk a chance or is this just a British thing but I always thought the American people were more generous perhaps I got it wrong.

And I hope that you do get less complaints with your four hole atomiser than two but don't bank on this as nobody has seen to have proved this yet.

LOL ... Ned, I'm calm bud. It wasn't a heated exchange. :D

Its a matter of fighting for what your clients/customers want, plain and simple. You guys in EU/UK will have your chance for these bad boys in the VERY near future :)

Its not a matter of not shipping to the UK, its what goes on behind the scenes that you may not know about. Simon (Smokester) and I have split duties so to say. I take care of everything Stateside (North America) and He takes care of everything else abroad. This goes for referrals, sales, questions, etc...

If I were send someone a free sample everytime someone asked, I would be broker than I was as a youngster. I do send out a very few limited samples to clients of mine when I do get a new product in. This is mainly for compatibility issues, testing, etc...

Hope you understand Ned ... :)

SmokingInTexas

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2008
Texas, USA
I'm not ready to buy the whole "short lifespan" thing about the atomizers. Granted, I only have about 7-weeks under my belt, but every one of my atomizers (Njoy, Generic, Janty, Mini) are all still working great. And the generic pen ones (2) are the ones I use daily. (I use boiling for cleaning)

I may come to find out differently in time, but I suspect these atomizers I currently have are going to last a while yet, and I would be surprised if the 4-hole generic would be any worse (lifespan wise).

And if we are voting, I like the less-cost/less-warrantee better than the high-cost/keep-sending-back approach if/when my atomizers start failing.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Well, my longest lasting atomizer was a 4-hole Sedansa, which lasted 5 weeks, and probably only died due to JC. SO, I don't buy the 4-hole burns them out faster argument. It does, however burn through the liquid a lot faster, which could lead someone to smoke it dry and damage the atomizer that way.

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i have a couple of four hole atomizers and live in the UK ned.. they came from heavens gift china.. they seem very nice things.. a lot of the things i buy can only be bought in china.. china is where it all starts.. so it makes sense to me to buy straight from them..

chinese "overheads" tend to be cheaper than US or UK ones.. he he

trog

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
i have a couple of four hole atomizers and live in the UK ned.. they came from heavens gift china.. they seem very nice things.. a lot of the things i buy can only be bought in china.. china is where it all starts.. so it makes sense to me to buy straight from them..

chinese "overheads" tend to be cheaper than US or UK ones.. he he

trog

I totally agree with you trog I've been buying quite large amounts of goods myself in the past few months. It's just a shame we can't get certain goods locally more cheaply but there has to be places for people who don't wish spend abroad and want that personal local customer service which least our suppliers give.

But the more of us pro E. smokers will buy from China as we are all getting to know where each brand is being manufactured and also the latest thing is manufacturers are now putting online shopping on their sites which makes this a lot easier for people like me and you but also not so good for suppliers but there has to be choice in this world.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Well, my longest lasting atomizer was a 4-hole Sedansa, which lasted 5 weeks, and probably only died due to JC. SO, I don't buy the 4-hole burns them out faster argument. It does, however burn through the liquid a lot faster, which could lead someone to smoke it dry and damage the atomizer that way.

Well Leaford I must say you have done really well to get five weeks. Let's hope you will continue to get this sort of mileage out of them.

The worst for me has been theJanty ones which tend to be fantastic for the first week and by the end of the second week not great at all so then they get sent into the post but I never let them go dry and I am always topping my cartridges.

I only ever used J. C. once but I found I thought it made the atomiser sizzle more than normal and felt that it had cleaned it rather than block it but I didn't use it for long because it didn't agree to my tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread