Puresmoker.com Not Impressed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucisac

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2008
Hi,
I recently received a starter kit with a spare atomizer of the RN4074 penstyle from Puresmoker the other day. The pen worked great for the first day until I switched batteries. After a few puffs, I noticed that the LED on the battery stayed on even after I stopped drawing but by the time I noticed it the atomizer had completely burnt out.

After contacting Puresmoker it appears the battery has a sticky/sensitive switch. I was advised to use a paper clip to stick into the battery (which I believe is something the supplier should NOT be advising the end users to do – sticking metal in a power source) to fix the issue but was unsuccessful.

I am now sitting here with no reply after expressing my frustrations and asking for a replacement of the battery and atomizer. If I do not hear anything from Steve I may just return the whole starter kit back for a refund. I am not happy with this service.

Alper

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Hi,
I recently received a starter kit with a spare atomizer of the RN4074 penstyle from Puresmoker the other day. The pen worked great for the first day until I switched batteries. After a few puffs, I noticed that the LED on the battery stayed on even after I stopped drawing but by the time I noticed it the atomizer had completely burnt out.

After contacting Puresmoker it appears the battery has a sticky/sensitive switch. I was advised to use a paper clip to stick into the battery (which I believe is something the supplier should NOT be advising the end users to do – sticking metal in a power source) to fix the issue but was unsuccessful.

I am now sitting here with no reply after expressing my frustrations and asking for a replacement of the battery and atomizer. If I do not hear anything from Steve I may just return the whole starter kit back for a refund. I am not happy with this service.

i think 99% of Steve's customers are happy with the service (including me) but there are occasions were things don't get communicated as well.

I agree with you Luci when i say that you shouldn't be sticking things into the battery, in saying that i understand were at a stage with ecigs were they arent the most reliable things in the world.

This leads to a lot of us having to make compromises and mod things. This is however not for everyone, which is the case with you.

It's a 2 edged sword, on one hand you have the seller which has a product only as good as the supplier, then you have the buyer which buys the equipment knowing the reliablilty issues associated with them

I think in the end if you dont feel comfortable with sticking a metal object in a power source (which i wouldn't expect you to) then thats fine. As long as you used it as the instructions lay out, you are entitled to a replacement.

Alper.

Alper

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
All I want is for the parts that were delivered not working to be replaced, and the atomizer of course that was destroyed due to the faulty battery unit.

I think thats fair. Since Steve has approved of the paper clip trick, give it a try, itll save you both the hassle. i think Steve would be more than happy to replace it if that dosen't work

Last edited:

Alper

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
As stated in my first post, I did perform the fix suggested how it was not successful.

OK then, i missed that!

Well then i'm unsure as to why Steve wouldn't replace it. I think its just a break down of communication. I'm sure Steve will fix it up for you

Wouldn't worry. Steve is a champ

Jasby

Oct 11, 2008
Caribbean

Why should a supplier "NOT" advise a customer of a potential fix? Metal into a power source? You realize this is 4v DC, it cannot harm you in any way, his suggestion was in no way dangerous, but your wording suggests you thought otherwise. If his suggestion had got you back working right away rather then wait days for a new part, his suggestion would have been good. But fixes do not always work, certainly worth trying though. I doubt Steve was trying to avoid money loss here, simply trying to help you. I have zero doubt he will replace it.

Anyways, your suggestion that Steves was in some way in the wrong by suggesting this fix is outright wrong. Granted not everyone understands electricity and we are taught to fear it, but you were in no danger and Steve was in no way wrong and I want to make sure future readers understand this.

just4747

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
To the OP: I was told to do the same thing by Steve with a paperclip to fix a battery that had a pressure switch that kept activating just when it was moved at times (LED would light up for no reason). So I took a paperclip, carefully moved it around inside the hole for maybe 5 seconds, and ever since then, no problems!! So it clearly worked and it's been fine for weeks now...

cynetinc

Sep 27, 2008
Hi all! At least you guys got some kind of reply from Steve, I've been tryring to get hold of him since last Friday. I'm having the same problem with the battery that I got from the Puresmoker. It just stays on until I unscrew it from the atomiser completelly. Tried the trick with a paper clip, no change. So, I have emailed Steve three times since then -not a single reply. Very frustrating, especially since most people here seem to have somewhat elevated opinion of the vendor. Steve, if you will read this post, please respond, this is not cool, it's cold. I'm just a customer with a faulty battery, looking to exchange it, that's all.:cry:

lucisac

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2008
How many times must I repeat? Please read my first post more carefully instead of skimming. I have attempted the fix, it did not resolve the issue I reported. A customer for one should not have to touch the hardware to get it going, a working part is payed for and must be tested and delivered no ifs or buts. In my care, a faulty battery was delivered, which then destroyed my atomizer, and after stating both these events I was only told in reply to attempt the fix for the battery in question, and no word or care for the state of the atomizer.

rikisugimoto

Sep 19, 2008
I hope you get your situation resolved as soon as possible, but I gotta tell you that Steve at Puresmoker is one of the most reliable and prompt, as well as helpful suppliers of ecigs on the net.

So many positive statements about his service and products on this forum have been nothing but complimentary, so I am trusting that yours was just an unfortunate experience of getting a bad ecig set. Don't let that get you down about Puresmoker OR e-smoking, it IS the "****!"

If you have to be upset at the situation, "hate the game, don't hate the player." Contact Steve and see if you can reach a solution together.:D

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Boys, you are in Australia, I'm in the USA. If I don't have the chance to email you back for a few hours, ever think I may actually be having dinner or actually sleeping??? Last I heard, we tried to do the trick and I had to run out, and I didn't hear the outcome of what happened. Hadn't heard or seen anything about it until this morning (its now 7:16am here) with a Nasty Forum Thread.

Then I get this email from Carl.
Carl said:
Hi Steve,

Unfortunately I am not copletely satisfied with the product I purchased from you. I have been in possession of the product for less than a week so I assume there will be no problem returning the starter kit for a refund. Can you please advise what parts I need to include when sending back the product.

So,

Let me now ask. I tried helping you LIVE ON MSN at 6-7pm at night last night, and I login this morning to this thread and the email, saying how I haven't helped??? Wow, talk about ungrateful. I never have issues sending warranty replacement parts, just because I don't function literally 24 hours a day, I get ousted on the here.... hmmm....

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Unfortunately I will be returning the product. In addition to the atomizer it fried and faulty battery, the unit leaves terrible marks if slightly dropped (where the Janty does not), and the connector is crooked.

Terrible Marks if Slightly Dropped - Connector Crooked :confused: And you're blaming the equipment for you dropping it? Its Matte Black for goodness sake. No glossy finish, etc....

Please do return it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread