• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Puresmoker no longer shipping juice to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Vape

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Labrador, Canada.
Yeah, my luck with Puresmoker has really fallen into the crapper for me.

First they stopped using paypal, which i just got around by borrowing a friends credit card and paying them in person, but it was still a pain in the .... Now they no longer ship juice to Canada.

Worst part is I've never bought anything from anywhere but Puresmoker, so I have no idea where to even find juice in, or that ships to, canada.. That actually has nicotine in it.. and hopefully sells 801 penstyle atomizers as well.. and has a mentholish flavour..

And I dunno if anywhere at all even uses Paypal anymore. If any place does, feel free to pm me a link, I know some people think there are internet ninjas that will bomb E-cig sellers that use Paypal if you publically post the info, or something.. .......ned internet ninjas.

I do wonder if the money PS saves on not risking losing juice at the border will even come near to how much money they'll lose from Canadians not bothering to buy juice or gear from them anymore. I know I won't be bothering to buy gear from one place and juice from another, if I can find one place that sells both that I need.

Some Canadian with their .... together should just get with the PS people and get Puresmoker Canada going. Get the gear from them in bulk, then just order their juices from the same places they order them.. But I'd imagine that's not gonna happen!

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Agree with the above. I've ordered from both vapables.com and evapers.com and have had nothing but positive experience.

I only wish Canada would get a clue and legalise sales so the price come down a bit... you have to pay a bit of a premium ordering locally, as the customs issues drive up the cost of business, I imagine.
Folks, please stop .....en and start reading the news. there is a ban going on. There is a present ban going on even in Canada. Paypal has been dumping all there accounts once they find out who is selling e cigs and supplies via them, hre and abroad.

The US are having there shipments seized, as of the 31 mar 10. In and out of the country. For the youngins out there, this is prohibition of the millennium, get used to it, it is only going to get worst. If a permanent ban becoems the norm, it will become really really bad.

Meat

Feb 17, 2010
Canada
Folks, please stop .....en and start reading the news. there is a ban going on. There is a present ban going on even in Canada. Paypal has been dumping all there accounts once they find out who is selling e cigs and supplies via them, hre and abroad.

The US are having there shipments seized, as of the 31 mar 10. In and out of the country. For the youngins out there, this is prohibition of the millennium, get used to it, it is only going to get worst. If a permanent ban becoems the norm, it will become really really bad.

I was actually .....ing about the ban, not the high prices. Higher prices are just a natural result of the semi-prohibition we have now. Even with rediculous taxes on them like analogs, I think e-juice will still end up cheaper.

At least if they start to ban possession as well as sales/advertising, I can still walk down the street and legally buy my nice healthy cancer sticks with 4000+ added chemicals of awesomeness. And people wonder why half of Canadians dont vote :(

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I was actually .....ing about the ban, not the high prices. Higher prices are just a natural result of the semi-prohibition we have now. Even with rediculous taxes on them like analogs, I think e-juice will still end up cheaper.

At least if they start to ban possession as well as sales/advertising, I can still walk down the street and legally buy my nice healthy cancer sticks with 4000+ added chemicals of awesomeness. And people wonder why half of Canadians dont vote :(
I dunno. It cost $0.80 to make a pack of smokes, what are we paying for them?

Does any one think for an instance that should vaping becomes government controlled that it will remain cheaper?

Does everyone think that classifying vaping as a tobacco product, under the care and control of BT. How long do you think those 4000+ chemicals will remain out of our liquids?

I'm not gloomy, just a realist! :D

CellWho

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Ontario, Canada

The US have been having shipments seized for a lot longer than that. With the original judge ruling, it only allowed importation for the two companies who brought the law suite. Everyone else still enjoyed the hardships of the embargo. The appellate court ruled at the end of march to stay the embargo pending appeal. That fight isn't over, it's just postponed for a few months.

As for the Canadian ban, it does seem like the border is tightening up a little bit. It's not a good sign, but I don't believe we are anywhere close to the end of the line. The good news is that Canada is not seizing the goods, they are just refusing entry and sending the items back. The hardware is still fine, and I'm comfortable in my own masculinity to enjoy aroma therapy. Really, when you think of it, it is very Canadian like. They send the goods back and do so on their dime. I wonder if they include a polite letter with it :)

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
My understanding was that prior to judge Leon's ruling FDA via US Customs were seizing shipments, under the authority of nicotine/e-cigs were a drug delivery device and hence subject to search and seizure.

Judges Leon's ruling de-classified them as a "drug" and it was business as usual. Now whether only 2 companies were importing product into the US, that one is beyond me. I doubt it. However, the stay against judge Leon's ruling, returned the market to the pre-ruling era. That is my understanding of what is happening.

The appellate court will once again hear arguments from all parties in September, on the merits of the montions filed and judge Leon's ruling. No new evidence can be introduced.

However since the stay, it appears that states are fast tracking bills through their houses etc... at a rate quicker than before the stay was released. This is a hard one to measure, perhaps even coincidental. But IMHO the more State bills out there supporting the ban, the more swaying power will exist. After all the appellate court is made upm of individuals.

There is a good side and a bad side to this argument. Fast tracking bills into laws have come at a price. They have been defeated, in the most part, because of unsubstantiated data. Whereas the opposition (vaping community) have presented data that raised a lot of questions. IOW the case we presented was stronger and could support arguments vice what the other side was producing, which was a meer repeat of old FDA data, and not facts.

Canada (HC) will follow pretty much in US footsteps. Although at the moment the only thing that is banned is nicotine, that could very well change over night.

My point about .....en (spelling allows use of the word) is that it doesn't promote anything besides .....en. Folks need to remain current with what is going on and ensure that we defeat what they throw at us, in order to maintain our right to vape. IOW make sure your heard vice complaining of who no longer supplies etc... Fill out the sureveys, sign the petitions, when you hear of a hearing taken place and open to the public attend, and present our arguments etc...

In closing, if anyone thinks that gun registration was the result of fallout from the Polytechnique massacre, think again.

CellWho

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Ontario, Canada
We haven't received a single order back here that was refused entry. Don't know what they did with it, but they sure aren't sending it back to us.

Well that's strange. I haven't heard of a single instance of the vendor not getting the goods back. I know it can take a very long time.

I wonder if they are having problems getting through the US customs as well.

Can_supplier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Canada
You need to contact your carrier to see where it is.

I know with some couriers return is included others, it’s not their problem.

Also UPS/Fed Ex ect for example carries the package the whole way so it’s always in their hands.

USPS hands it off to Canada Post once it hits Canada. So it may be in no-mans-land where USPS did their job getting it to Canada and Canada Post doesn't have anything to pickup, so it’s no one's problem now...

This would be for a lawyer to answer, but I don’t believe customs has the power to confiscate anything. As the product is not technically in Canada until customs allows it to pass, and it would be in a bonded warehouse, it would still remain property of the sender and technically be in the country of origin.

Can_supplier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Canada
However since the stay, it appears that states are fast tracking bills through their houses etc... at a rate quicker than before the stay was released. This is a hard one to measure, perhaps even coincidental. .

What I would really like to know is, who is behind these bills?

John Q. Public doesn't even know what a e-cigarette is, in a great enough number for there to be an outcry against them.

Obviously vapers are not against ourselves, so who is asking for, lobbying for these bans?

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I don't believe you asked that question Rob :)

BT, BP and government through lobbyist. I believe the biggest voice for the opposition (the bad guys, not us) in Illinois was the woman that had appeared on 60 minutes when they did the Snus thing a couple of weeks ago. On that show she was extremely transparent. When she said her piece, of course it was ill prepared like the bill that just passed the senate in NY. there is no new data, just a repeat of what the FDA stated moons ago. However, that paricular bill, was snuck in the back door. We will have representation this week in NY and the bill should be defeated, unless the chair is on the take. A 4 year old kid could defeat the bill based on what the opposition is presenting at these hearings.

The data that the vaper coallitions are presenting is solid. teh majority of the points raised defeated with evidence. As long as we have a say in these hearings, and the FDA continues to not conduct studies, we have a chance. I like that the bills are being fast tracked because their data leaks like a sieve. It doesn't hold up to scrutiny. e.g TSNAs in the cartriges they tested is below what is found in their patches. The independant review of FDAs findings did not valigate the majority of FDAs findings etc... A lot of the stuff they are presenting is conjectures and speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread