PureSmoker Prodigy V3.1 Review VS LR EGO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
This is my first 6Volt mod so I really have nothing to compare it to other than my LR Ego I have been using for almost a year now. First I would like to clarify a common misconception that many people are lead to believe. LR 510 Atomizers on a Ego will simulate 6 Volt vaping. This is completely false. If anything I know now that my Ego LR maybe was simulating 4.0ish vaping. I know this because this 6V V3.1 performs with alot more horse power than the EgoLR. Another myth bust I would like to make is this. 6 Volt vaping with a 510 stomps on or burns the flavor of juice. This standard 510 on this V3.1 at 6V has done nothing but to make all the flavors I vape shine more. Everything tastes better for me now at 6V. There is more flavor, throat hit and a considerable more amount of vapor. I can honestly get the same amount of vapor with this V3.1 in 2 seconds as my LR Ego in 7 or 8 seconds.

PureSmokers Prodigy V3.1 is not to much larger than the Ego but its weight is probably a few times more. I'm a welder and will have my PV in my pocket all day long and with my Ego it was constantly firing when I would have to move to squatting or lying down positions. With this bottom locking button this will no longer be a concern to me. Also With the Stainless steel tubing I dont have to worry to much about a hotball starting a thremo nuclear reaction in my pocket.

Also I need to mention how much I like the button placement on this device. I always hated the button on the ego. Every time I pressed it I felt like I was proudly performing on a flute or sucking on my thumb in public. I can hold the V3.1 just like I did my Ego with my pinky over the end and now I find this to be much simpler to use and the nerd in me feels much cooler using this bottom button. The press is stiff enough to keep from accidentally firing when not locked but loose enough that its effortless to press and it feels great.

Everything about this Mod feels solid and the craftsman ship is top notch. The whole device I can tell is machined by some highly skilled machinist and not some sweat shop china man in his backyard gar gage.

I haven't had this device to long yet so I cant really confirm the myth that the Prodigys toast attys. I think alot of the problem was due to issue that was revised with the V3.1s release and many more of the problem is with user error with over heating and under dripping the attys. Also I have always used premium genuine joye attys because every time I use any other attys previously on my Ego they would always seem to pop within 2 weeks. I can honestly say I have never popped a Joye Atty ever in a year. They always seem to just clog up after about 3 to 4 weeks and stop performing very well. At that point I dont play with cleaning them I throw them away and pop on a new one.

I spent 120 bucks on the full 6 volt kit and received everything I needed plus a free sample of Cherry Cola which I'm vaping at the moment. I'm no stranger to PureSmoker Tonic and Almost all the juices I have had from them are fantastic. You can read all my reviews of there juice on PureSmoker under the juice reviews under the products. So far I have reviewed there Berrodica. Appleonia. Fire&Ice. Chocolate Mint. Casseys Clove. Pina Colada. I have had many others and have yet to do the review on Cherry Cola, Peanut Butter Cup, Menthol, Silver Leaf Menthol, and Carma Scotch.
Overall for the price and size and quality I'm very happy with this device. I think its a game changer in comparison to my experience so far vaping.

Last edited:

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I like the puresmoker line, they look good and the bottom button is nice and the locking feature is very nice for those of us who have to move about and bend over. I was moving something with my ego in my jacket pocket and the button got pushed for...awhile....that cartomizer died right then and there.

Good luck with your new mod hope you enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread