Status
Not open for further replies.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Mixed up my caramel coffe Purilum the other day, gonna give it some time. Do you guys normally steep this flavor long?

It smelled a little more coffee like than I was expecting. I was thinking like a coffee that has WAY too much cream and sugar haha!

Mixed a sample at 8%, looking forward to it.
I will be curious about your findings. I have tried a ton of coffee flavors and none are really great. This one I havent tried

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
For a stand alone the caramel coffee w/ sweet milk was good for me at 7%. I add in some HS cream and FA caramel for Meg, add in a coffee boost for myself. Going to add RF SC aged bourbon cream and VTA coffee liqueur in the next mix. The mix my cousin likes is too sweet for me.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I just ordered that one, what % do you use?

I like the sweet tobacco at 10%. The succulent strawberry I usually mix at 10-12% solo. My current favorite is the sweet tobacco and butterscotch ripple mixed but at a higher percentage than what was suggested on this thread. I’m doing the sweet tobacco at 10% and the butterscotch at around 6%.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    My Purilum order came yesterday. I have only single flavor tested Fresh Coconut and Golden Pineapple. The Fresh Coconut, immediately after mixing the tester, tastes like lightly sweetened plastic. I have read other places that it takes a week for that to steep out so I will taste it again next weekend. The Golden Pineapple reminds me of CAP Golden Pineapple, which isn't a bad thing at all. Some say it fades with time. I guess I will find out. I would say that both are weak and will need to be used at a fairly high percentage even in a mix.

I haven't single flavor tasted the other flavors I bought yet. I did throw 1% of the Cheesecake Graham Crust into a complicated Piña Colada I made tonight and we will see how that goes. I will test the others as I have time - still on the house renovation project so am too tired to play with vape flavors much right now. Soon, though. :) I mixed up the Piña Colada because I am almost out of the one I mix from my usual delicious recipe but wanted to try a little something different with this version.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    @PJReid the pineapple is good but needs a longer steep to shine. Most Purilum fruits do. For me 5-6 weeks ate the sweet spot. I don't get any fade from them.
    The Coconut takes around 2 weeks but does actually taste like very good coconut after that.

Thanks to you both for the feedback. I read on reddit that the pineapple fades with a steep but that was just one person's opinion so thanks for that @Letitia. I was really disappointed in the Fresh Coconut - plastic!!!! Glad to hear a steep takes care of that, @Beamslider. My newest ADV is a Piña Colada so those two flavors are key ingredients and I am looking for the best. I don't think that Purilum will end up being the best pineapple, but should be a replacement for CAP Golden Pineapple which I used in smaller %s in my recipe. The coconut, well, that is another story. LOL

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Thanks to you both for the feedback. I read on reddit that the pineapple fades with a steep but that was just one person's opinion so thanks for that @Letitia. I was really disappointed in the Fresh Coconut - plastic!!!! Glad to hear a steep takes care of that, @Beamslider. My newest ADV is a Piña Colada so those two flavors are key ingredients and I am looking for the best. I don't think that Purilum will end up being the best pineapple, but should be a replacement for CAP Golden Pineapple which I used in smaller %s in my recipe. The coconut, well, that is another story. LOL
    I have many pineapples and the Hangsen and WF (SC) are my favorites. Those two and the Purilum will be the only pineapples I will continue to order. I enjoy Cap GP but it is needed in high percentage and is not as good as HS & WF imo.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I have many pineapples and the Hangsen and WF (SC) are my favorites. Those two and the Purilum will be the only pineapples I will continue to order. I enjoy Cap GP but it is needed in high percentage and is not as good as HS & WF imo.

I haven't tried either of those, but I will thanks to your recommendation. Agree on CAP GP - it goes into mixes with other pineapples at under 1% to add sweetness.

Have you tried Inawera Pineapple? It is wonderful!
    This is a fresh, juicy, authentic fresh pineapple flavor. It is juicy and sweet, like a fresh pineapple. It is weak for Inawera but a very good pineapple flavor. Use as high as 5% and maybe as high as 6 to 7%, even in a mix. This flavor is in a virtual tie with Vape Train’s Sugarloaf Pineapple for best pineapple flavor available. If I use it with just a touch of CAP in my Piña Colada, it goes in at 5.5%.

VT Sugarloaf is a real winner, IMO.
    Sugarloaf pineapple is a pineapple variety that is white and even the core can be eaten. This is the Kauai Hawaiian pineapple and what you get if you get pineapple in Hawaii. The VT Sugarloaf Pineapple is a fresh, juicy, sweet, authentic pineapple. It is as good as Inawera’s pineapple and maybe even better, more authentic – I give it a slight edge over INW. It is sweet, it is juicy, it tastes as fresh as a bottled flavor can taste. Like other pineapple flavors, it is not strong. Use it at 5% to 6% in a mix. I mixed it half and half with INW in my latest Piña Colada experiment, 3% of each VT and INW.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I haven't tried either of those, but I will thanks to your recommendation. Agree on CAP GP - it goes into mixes with other pineapples at under 1% to add sweetness.

Have you tried Inawera Pineapple? It is wonderful!
    This is a fresh, juicy, authentic fresh pineapple flavor. It is juicy and sweet, like a fresh pineapple. It is weak for Inawera but a very good pineapple flavor. Use as high as 5% and maybe as high as 6 to 7%, even in a mix. This flavor is in a virtual tie with Vape Train’s Sugarloaf Pineapple for best pineapple flavor available. If I use it with just a touch of CAP in my Piña Colada, it goes in at 5.5%.

VT Sugarloaf is a real winner, IMO.
    Sugarloaf pineapple is a pineapple variety that is white and even the core can be eaten. This is the Kauai Hawaiian pineapple and what you get if you get pineapple in Hawaii. The VT Sugarloaf Pineapple is a fresh, juicy, sweet, authentic pineapple. It is as good as Inawera’s pineapple and maybe even better, more authentic – I give it a slight edge over INW. It is sweet, it is juicy, it tastes as fresh as a bottled flavor can taste. Like other pineapple flavors, it is not strong. Use it at 5% to 6% in a mix. I mixed it half and half with INW in my latest Piña Colada experiment, 3% of each VT and INW.
    The INW came off as a juice for me. Tasty but not my sweet spot for a PA. When I tried the others I pif'd the INW and Signature (Fa). I haven't tried VTA PA, may have to now. I use the HS and WF between 1-3%.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    @Letitia - I haven't found, and don't expect to find, the perfect pineapple (or coconut) in one bottle. The recipe I love (but my experiment sure does smell good) combines INW Pineapple, CAP GP, and TFA Pineapple. My new one has 3% INW, 3% VT, and .8% CAP. I might miss the sweet, candied pineapple flavor that TFA brings but hopefully made up for in the coconut choices. I will know soon. :D

sk25411

ECF Veteran
    Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    Tried the caramel coffee with sweet milk this evening. Was about 6 days, @8%.

It tastes sweeter than initially mixed. I get a faint caramel, definite coffee, but zero cream or sweet milk.

It tastes like the morning coffee that you left on the counter, and picked up at noon, with a little sugar in it. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, I just want more of that creamy/caramel/butterscotch.

I think I’ll add 2-3% butterscotch ripple to 7-8% of this mix and see if it can take the edge off the sugar in black edge.

Not bad as a stand alone though, I’ll let my initial sit for another few weeks and see how it develops.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    I like the Sweet Tobacco/Pistachio mix well enough that I vape a lot of it. Decided to go large and make a batch to last awhile.

Made 1 Liter.

83 ML of 48 ML Nicotine base
    80 ML of Sweet Tobacco
    20 ML of Pistachio
    768 ML VG
    49 ML PG

Should be right at 80 VG / 20 PG 4 ML Nic

Plan on letting it steep 4 weeks then decanting to 60 ML bottles to store and use. Should hold me for awhile.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I like the Sweet Tobacco/Pistachio mix well enough that I vape a lot of it. Decided to go large and make a batch to last awhile.

Made 1 Liter.

83 ML of 48 ML Nicotine base
    80 ML of Sweet Tobacco
    20 ML of Pistachio
    768 ML VG
    49 ML PG

Should be right at 80 VG / 20 PG 4 ML Nic

Plan on letting it steep 4 weeks then decanting to 60 ML bottles to store and use. Should hold me for awhile.
    I have considered making that much of a recipe but chickened out and only went as high as 250ml. And that wasn't easy to shake or blend. How did you ensure the 1 liter was completely mixed?

:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread