Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I mixed the Nic, flavors and PG plus about half the VG together. I gave it a good shake let it set a day and gave it another good shake. Added in the rest of the VG a bit at a time, capped it gave it shake and added more VG until the rest of the VG was added. I plan on shaking it every few days as it ages in the Liter bottle for 4 weeks, I think it will be well mixed

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Tried the caramel coffee with sweet milk this evening. Was about 6 days, @8%.

It tastes sweeter than initially mixed. I get a faint caramel, definite coffee, but zero cream or sweet milk.

It tastes like the morning coffee that you left on the counter, and picked up at noon, with a little sugar in it. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, I just want more of that creamy/caramel/butterscotch.

I think I’ll add 2-3% butterscotch ripple to 7-8% of this mix and see if it can take the edge off the sugar in black edge.

Not bad as a stand alone though, I’ll let my initial sit for another few weeks and see how it develops.
Pur cc/sm 6.5%
Fa dulce de leche 2%
Cap sweet cream 1%
steep 3 weeks, decent at 2 weeks
This recipe tones down the coffee and boosts the caramel & cream.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
SO first off this Purilum thread has no business on page 2, this is a page 1 thread. Just had to get that off my chest. Down to business, I mixed up some Purilum sweet tobacco 7% and Flavourart Catalan cream 3% a few weeks back, I don’t keep records so no exact date. Anyway I commented on this thread that it wasn’t very good when tried after a couple days steep, not terrible just meh. So fast forward a few weeks and I tried it again and I’m very happy with the results. The sweet tobacco is good right away but the Catalan cream needs the time to steep to mature into a delicious creamy delight with a touch of sweetness. Just the right amount of sweet, I don’t like very sweet things and the sweet tobacco, despite its name, doesn’t really taste sweet to me, which is perfect. But the two together given the time to mature is really nice, Big improvement from how it started.
I’ve never had a bad juice get good with a steep but this didn’t start bad. I was just worried because I love sweet T and when I mixed the two the sweet T didn’t come through and the cat cream didn’t seem to do anything but mute the sweet T’s goodness. After several weeks they are nice together, creamy Caramel yumminess dripping over warm roasted nuts with a caramelized sugar finish. So after my long winded post I’ll leave you with this. If you try this mix, don’t worry about the way it tastes immediately. It will be completely different after a few weeks to steep and well worth the wait.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
finally found this thread so i'm posting to get it in my feed
and i just bought some purilum flavoring from jifjifjif,haven't received them yet
my story:
I've diy juice for about 6 years now and i have always been a big Hangsen fanboi,but recently that is no longer the case
Either my taste buds really changed or hangsen changed up their formula,so i am on the hunt for a new line of flavorings

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
finally found this thread so i'm posting to get it in my feed
and i just bought some purilum flavoring from jifjifjif,haven't received them yet
my story:
I've diy juice for about 6 years now and i have always been a big Hangsen fanboi,but recently that is no longer the case
Either my taste buds really changed or hangsen changed up their formula,so i am on the hunt for a new line of flavorings
What type of juice do you like? Are you a tobacco guy? If so maybe I can help. If not I’m sure someone else can help with whatever your flavoring needs. Maybe your suffering a case of vaper tongue. Sometimes I need to switch things up because my tastebuds fail me, though it’s always temporary.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Mixed my butter pecan and bp praline ice cream and they are tasty. Needs a bit more steep time but know they are very good and can imagine them useful in many recipes. Tasted the mango and it is still not as bright as I would like but it will work well as a back note. The pineapple is very good for me as a stand alone, has become one of my favored pineapples.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Has anyone tried the sour raspberry candy? I mixed a sample at 10% and let it steep for a couple weeks. I get the sour but almost no raspberry. I wonder if it faded with time or I should steep longer?
It's like the rest of their fruit, give it 4-6 weeks. The raspberry flavor does show up with time but the sour fades. Would make a good sweet tart candy.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Mixed my butter pecan and bp praline ice cream and they are tasty. Needs a bit more steep time but know they are very good and can imagine them useful in many recipes. Tasted the mango and it is still not as bright as I would like but it will work well as a back note. The pineapple is very good for me as a stand alone, has become one of my favored pineapples.

I had forgotten how good those pecan flavors were until you posted this. I will have to mix up some more of them. I think I will try the butter pecan and Sweet tobacco together.

I had mixed up some Purilum White Peach 5% and TFA Juicy Peach 5%. At around 3 weeks it was a delicious peach flavor but just too strong. the flavor stuck to the inside of the mouth and teeth. Could taste it for 10 to 15 minutes after vaping it. Didn't like that too much. Also had some of the Simply Cake mixed to test at 7.5%, good but well just cake so not really solo stuff. Also had some Butter Cream mixed up to test, good but just heavy cream taste so not so good solo. Poured all 3 together and ended up with something that is actually pretty good stuff.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Has anyone tried the sour raspberry candy? I mixed a sample at 10% and let it steep for a couple weeks. I get the sour but almost no raspberry. I wonder if it faded with time or I should steep longer?
This one is weird. I would just boost the raspberry with 2% sweet raspberry and vape away.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
What type of juice do you like? Are you a tobacco guy? If so maybe I can help. If not I’m sure someone else can help with whatever your flavoring needs. Maybe your suffering a case of vaper tongue. Sometimes I need to switch things up because my tastebuds fail me, though it’s always temporary.

i vaped HS arabica and butterscotch daily for several years,but i always have others in rotation at the same time

i wish it were vapers tongue,but it's the flavoring i have been using that has changed

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
i vaped HS arabica and butterscotch daily for several years,but i always have others in rotation at the same time

i wish it were vapers tongue,but it's the flavoring i have been using that has changed
I dont know that HS changed any. INW changed a bunch. How long have you had the flavorings? They do degrade over time (just guessing)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
This one is weird. I would just boost the raspberry with 2% sweet raspberry and vape away.
I added INW rasp malina 1% + HS blueberry .5% + Fa s&t 2% to the sour raspberry tester and it needs tweaking but pretty tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread