Status
Not open for further replies.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
I dont know that HS changed any. INW changed a bunch. How long have you had the flavorings? They do degrade over time (just guessing)

INW was a major disappointment for me all around !!
as far as flavoring degrading ? think of the vanila flavoring in your grandma's or mom's cupboard ? several years im guessing

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
INW was a major disappointment for me all around !!
as far as flavoring degrading ? think of the vanila flavoring in your grandma's or mom's cupboard ? several years im guessing
Im with you on the INW. I mainly only use cactus, shisha vanilla and shisha strawberry. They used to have the best chocolate and now it taste like a band aid

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Ok all you guys/gals I need some help.
I purchased the Butter Mint after reading some comments about it in this thread, and I admit I haven't read all 33 pages.
I mixed it at 8% ( suggested here somewhere) and I am not loving it. Its ok,but has anyone else felt the need to add anything to it to get it tweeked to something amazing.
Admittedly I have been using a diy TFA creme de menthe heavy recipe that I love and add no sweetener to it, but feel like this Butter Mint needs a sweetness for me.
I have em, cotton candy, marshmellow,merengue,vanillin, and probably a few other things that could maybe work.
Any ideas???
TIA :toast:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Ok all you guys/gals I need some help.
I purchased the Butter Mint after reading some comments about it in this thread, and I admit I haven't read all 33 pages.
I mixed it at 8% ( suggested here somewhere) and I am not loving it. Its ok,but has anyone else felt the need to add anything to it to get it tweeked to something amazing.
Admittedly I have been using a diy TFA creme de menthe heavy recipe that I love and add no sweetener to it, but feel like this Butter Mint needs a sweetness for me.
I have em, cotton candy, marshmellow,merengue,vanillin, and probably a few other things that could maybe work.
Any ideas???
TIA :toast:
I add .5% Cap butter cream and 1% cream to 7% butter mint. Once in awhile I add a drop of sugar cane to the tank. Your meringue idea sounds good.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Thanks for the quick responses!
I mixed a 30 ml bottle, and filled up an 8ml tank.
It has only sat overnight, so it may settle down in a couple days.

May split the remainder into 2 10ml bottles and play with sweetener and meringue.

I'll come back with thoughts later
Thanks again

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Had a bottle of Capella Sweet Strawberry I mixed up a couple of weeks ago - just to give it one more try. (strawberry always tastes plastic to me)

It was sitting in front of me as I was vaping the Butter Mint so I decided to drip some in there...

It's GOOD !!
I mean it's REALLY GOOD !
The mint hides the plastic taste :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Meringue is one of my favorite background flavors, it kind of adds this juicy mouthfeel and a bit of sweetness. I think it does have some EM in it, so use it judiciously, but it's nothing like cotton candy which well, yes is pretty much straight EM.

I use Supersweet at very low percentages (think, 1 drop per 30 ml) and it doesn't mute other flavors. I'd start slow with that as well, as sucralose really doesn't need a lot of steeping, you can pretty much shake and vape. It would be easier to just add a few drops more than to try to deal with a dilution, especially if it's only the "sweet" that requires dilution (compared to balance with other flavors, etc.)

I have butter mint, I haven't mixed with it yet and etc. However, I do hear good things, and I like your ideas for tweaking your mix.

Best of luck

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Had a bottle of Capella Sweet Strawberry I mixed up a couple of weeks ago - just to give it one more try. (strawberry always tastes plastic to me)

It was sitting in front of me as I was vaping the Butter Mint so I decided to drip some in there...

It's GOOD !!
I mean it's REALLY GOOD !
The mint hides the plastic taste :)
I like it with green apple or raspberry to change it up once in a while.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I like it with green apple or raspberry to change it up once in a while.

Oh !
Thank you ! ... I have some raspberry in my box that I could never get to do anything right for me...(if I didn't use it up in water)
Think I'll do up a little 15ml bottle for that !

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Oh !
Thank you ! ... I have some raspberry in my box that I could never get to do anything right for me...(if I didn't use it up in water)
Think I'll do up a little 15ml bottle for that !
I mix the butter mint 60ml at a time and just pull a few ml off here and there to change it up.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I mix the butter mint 60ml at a time and just pull a few ml off here and there to change it up.

I keep a Pico Squeeze with the Butter Mint...So I'll just drip into it to change it up here and there :)

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
IDK. I didn't have to add anything to the Butter Mint. I thought it was good as is but maybe marshmallow would be nice? No clue.. I don't use/vape sweetener much so maybe I'm just used to not very sweet vapes?

What I will say is my last couple orders w/ PUR were lack luster. Bliss was downright disgusting to me. It was a non-descript dairy mess. Medley was a no go as well as it has some kind of cooling agent in it... and I hate cooling agents, especially with fruit. (I wish they'd put that in the description) Honeydew melon tastes like soap to me. Lemonade was terrible. (bitter and unpleasant) But I guess I had such good luck with the flavors previously it just threw me off guard. Overall I had really liked their stuff til this last order.

Oh well... can't win them all. EH?

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
So far the FA meringue addition at 1% is a no go, not helping in this instance for what I'm going for. It added a little sweetness, but took the high note off the mint flavor.
I haven't tried the mix with the FA marshmallow at 1% yet.
These mixes are sitting on separate setups and I am going back to them both side by side daily.
I should just add exactly what I want, sweetener:rolleyes:.
The 8% mix is ok, I don't use sweetener in my daily juice, but somehow feel like I want it in this flavor:p

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Sweet Tobacco 8% and Hazelnut Grove 2%

When I first mixed and tried this a couple months back, I really didn't like it. The hazelnut grove tasted bad like fishy tasting. After sitting for 2 months, it is now very nice, sweet hazlenut tobacco.

got my 1st batch of sweet tobacco mixed up and ready to try out tonight
dang wish i had some hazelnut to add to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread