Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Today's try out:

Purilum Vanilla Custard

6% steeped for 20 days.

Very much egg custard flavor and Vanilla. The vanilla is fairly heavy and it overall it is kind of sweet.

I kind of like it but don't think it is really a solo flavor unless of course you are into sweet vanilla egg custard. 6% maybe a little too much of it too. Would probably be more subtle at 4 - 5%.

I bet with Blackberry or Strawberry this would be very good.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
@Beamslider saw you mention in another thread that Purilium Sweet tobacco goes good with fruits?

What have you tried that you’ve enjoyed?

I only have a limited amount of fruits, just some purilium strawberry sweet, I know I have more just can’t think of them off the top of my head! (I store everything at work)

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
The Purilum White Peach works nicely with it. I also used some TFA Blackberry and it was good with the sweet tobacco.

I have a small mix of Sweet Tobacco and sweet strawberry but I haven't tried it yet. Will let it steep for a couple weeks first.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Tried the Butter Cream after steeping it since 1/16. Not really sure what to make of this one. I guess it is kind of a sweet cream maybe kind of condensed milk flavor. Or something very similar to the Vanilla custard without the Vanilla. Somewhere in between those flavors. Might work with some sweet strawberries as a creamy milk shake, might not. Not sure. Probably best that I only got 10ml of this one. I will use it up with something but probably not reorder it.

It isn't bad tasting, just not my thing.

I think my favorites so far and keepers for me are the Toasted Coconut, Banana and Sweet Tobacco. The Banana and Coconut are great together.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Tried the Butter Cream after steeping it since 1/16. Not really sure what to make of this one. I guess it is kind of a sweet cream maybe kind of condensed milk flavor. Or something very similar to the Vanilla custard without the Vanilla. Somewhere in between those flavors. Might work with some sweet strawberries as a creamy milk shake, might not. Not sure. Probably best that I only got 10ml of this one. I will use it up with something but probably not reorder it.

I think my favorites so far and keepers for me are the Toasted Coconut, Banana and Sweet Tobacco. The Banana and Coconut are great together.
I could see it working with something like Cap cinnamon danish swirl or sugar cookie as more of an icing.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
That might work. When I tried it out I started with a fresh rebuilt rba on a toptank just to see what it tasted like solo. I vaped the tank full and I didn't find it unpleasant but not something good on its own. More like a sweat creamy evaporated milk.

As I sometimes do when switching flavors on the same tank, I just vaped it down to basically empty then refilled the tank with the Sweet Tobacco blend I like. It actually hung over a little but seemed to smooth out the Tobacco and add a nice smooth mouth feel. So maybe small quantities would work to add fullness to some flavors. Again not sure but will try different things with it until the 10 ml is gone. But doubt I will be ordering more of it.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
That might work. When I tried it out I started with a fresh rebuilt rba on a toptank just to see what it tasted like solo. I vaped the tank full and I didn't find it unpleasant but not something good on its own. More like a sweat creamy evaporated milk.

As I sometimes do when switching flavors on the same tank, I just vaped it down to basically empty then refilled the tank with the Sweet Tobacco blend I like. It actually hung over a little but seemed to smooth out the Tobacco and add a nice smooth mouth feel. So maybe small quantities would work to add fullness to some flavors. Again not sure but will try different things with it until the 10 ml is gone. But doubt I will be ordering more of it.
I would be curious with your findings. I havent tested many of there flavors. Simply dont have time to test everything.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina

Although I am still playing with the Purilum flavors I recently picked up, my initial impression of the Butter Cream is kinda like a light whipped butter & would probably be best used to give that type of note in recipes like flaky pastries or bakeries. At least, that's how I have/plan to use it. I like it better than Butter Cream (CAP), where I have subbed it. As always, YRMV... :cool:

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Although I am still playing with the Purilum flavors I recently picked up, my initial impression of the Butter Cream is kinda like a light whipped butter & would probably be best used to give that type of note in recipes like flaky pastries or bakeries. At least, that's how I have/plan to use it. I like it better than Butter Cream (CAP), where I have subbed it. As always, YRMV... :cool:

I can see where it would probably work in pastry or bakery flavors. Might do okay with fruit flavors too.

Since the recommended percentage was 5% to 10%. I mixed it up to start at 6% to taste alone. I think that is way too much of it as that amount is pretty potent.

Do you think 1 to 2 % would be enough to add to something like fruit or pastry?

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
I can see where it would probably work in pastry or bakery flavors. Might do okay with fruit flavors too.

Since the recommended percentage was 5% to 10%. I mixed it up to start at 6% to taste alone. I think that is way too much of it as that amount is pretty potent.

Do you think 1 to 2 % would be enough to add to something like fruit or pastry?

I haven't used it in any fruit mixes but think it may not be the best choice. I have subbed it in several bakeries, (as I let myself run out of CAP Butter Cream), @ 2 & 3%. To me, it seemed to give me similar notes as the CAP but more buttery rather than creamy, if that makes any sense. I think this would be a good choice anywhere you want butter or a buttery note. I've noticed you've been testing, using the Purilum flavors somewhat lower than I have, so based on my results, I think the 1 -2% range would be a good starting point. Hope this is helpful... :cool:

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I try to keep percentages low as possible with flavoring. I always test them first at just above the minimum recommended amount. Let them steep for awhile and the taste them to see what they taste like alone.

Takes a long time to get something that works but worth the effort in the long run.

The Sweet tobacco I like alone and started it out at 6% but have gradually increased that amount. I also had quite a bit of Double RY4 flavoring so I have also tried mixing them. I am currently mixing 7.5% of the Sweet Tobacco and 2.5% of the RY4 and getting a pretty good vape out of it. I actually like the Sweet Tobacco better by itself but want to use up the RY4 and the combo is pretty good.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Tried the Purilum Chocolate Peanut Butter. Was mixed at 7.5% on 1/10.

Not really sure If I like it or not. Definitely a peanut butter taste but while it is there, the chocolate flavor is extremely light. Also could use some sweetening as it isn't sweet as far as I can taste. Maybe it just needs more time. It smells really great but the flavor isn't quite as robust as the aroma. The smell is more like dark chocolate peanut butter cups but not the flavor. Reminds me more of the peanut butter bars without the sugar.

0322e1e9aa56ebfd.jpg

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Have now tried the Purilum Strawberry Cereal. Mixed on 1/10 at 7.5%. This is not bad. Has a mild Strawberry taste (artificial, similar to Nestle Strawberry Quick) a cereal taste that is not too prominent and a slight milky taste. Not very sweet so maybe sweetener would help it. Overall not a great but not a bad vape. This might go with the butter cream added or some other cream.

To recap a bit.

The Flavors tried so far.

Sweet Tobacco...This is really good stuff. Mixes well with fruit, Have mixed it with Double RY4 and that is a good combo. Someone in a post somewhere said it goes well with Gold Ducat. Have not tried that but ordered some to try.

Original Tobacco....Seems to be a milder version of Sweet Tobacco. Nothing special

Banana. Really good ripe uncooked Banana that ins't overly sweet. Needs to steep a couple weeks.

Toasted Coconut Cheesecake. Another good one. Also goes really well with the Banana.

White Peach... This is pretty authentic white peach and good alone or mixed with the Sweet Tobacco

Coconut. Pretty authentic Coconut flavor. Needs to steep a couple weeks.

Butter Pecan Praline. Pretty good but needs something. Not a great solo flavor

Vanilla Nut Brittle. This one is really good as a solo. Buttery, nutty and mildly sweet with a mild Vanilla Flavor.

Vanilla Custard. Good Custard flavor but the Vanilla is pretty heavy on the flavor

Butter Cream... I really didn't like the taste of this one much. I didn't get the Butter flavor out of it. More of a sweet cream or evaporated milk to me. It as said by someone else in the thread might work with cookies and bakery items well though.

Chocolate Peanut Butter. Not one of my favorites. Good peanut butter. Very weak artificial Chocolate

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Been reading this thread for a while and had to try a few of these. There were two that really peeked my interest; Butter Mint and Sweet Tobacco. So like always, I ordered a bunch and mixed some up today.

My order included:Sweet Tobacco, Butter Mint, Vanilla Tobacco, Bourbon Tobacco, Original Tobacco, Caramel Coffee W/Sweet Milk, Butter Pecan, Butter Pecan Praline Ice Cream, and Vanilla Bourbon W/Cream.

So far I mixed up the tobaccos, Butter Mint, and Caramel Coffee W Sweet Milk. All at 6%. The Sweet Tobacco is pretty good fresh. The Vanilla Tobacco is really good fresh. Reminds me of a pipe tobacco and am vaping it right now. The Butter Mint is awesome. Really liking it fresh as it reminds me of those little after dinner mints. The Caramel Coffee W/Sweet Milk is pretty good, but I think it needs to sit a little as it is kind of strong. Either that, or I will tone it down next time I mix it as it is really strong at 6%. With that said, it is not a bad coffee though. The other tobaccos need some age as the original is bland and the bourbon is dominate. I hope some age will bring out some flavor in the original and tone down the bourbon while bringing out some tobacco. They are fresh so only time will tell.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Been reading this thread for a while and had to try a few of these. There were two that really peeked my interest; Butter Mint and Sweet Tobacco. So like always, I ordered a bunch and mixed some up today.

My order included:Sweet Tobacco, Butter Mint, Vanilla Tobacco, Bourbon Tobacco, Original Tobacco, Caramel Coffee W/Sweet Milk, Butter Pecan, Butter Pecan Praline Ice Cream, and Vanilla Bourbon W/Cream.

So far I mixed up the tobaccos, Butter Mint, and Caramel Coffee W Sweet Milk. All at 6%. The Sweet Tobacco is pretty good fresh. The Vanilla Tobacco is really good fresh. Reminds me of a pipe tobacco and am vaping it right now. The Butter Mint is awesome. Really liking it fresh as it reminds me of those little after dinner mints. The Caramel Coffee W/Sweet Milk is pretty good, but I think it needs to sit a little as it is kind of strong. Either that, or I will tone it down next time I mix it as it is really strong at 6%. With that said, it is not a bad coffee though. The other tobaccos need some age as the original is bland and the bourbon is dominate. I hope some age will bring out some flavor in the original and tone down the bourbon while bringing out some tobacco. They are fresh so only time will tell.
I like the caramel coffee with sweet milk as well, going to add 2% TFA dulce de leche to one mix and do another with 2% HS cream and 1% FA caramel added. Mixed the original single at 6.5%, will drop that down to 5%. The coffee is a bit edgy for my taste, but very nice overall. I let it steep 2 weeks before tasting.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I like the caramel coffee with sweet milk as well, going to add 2% TFA dulce de leche to one mix and do another with 2% HS cream and 1% FA caramel added. Mixed the original single at 6.5%, will drop that down to 5%. The coffee is a bit edgy for my taste, but very nice overall. I let it steep 2 weeks before tasting.
I've had good luck in the past with HS ice cream with coffee blends. It has a caramel note which goes good with coffee. Not that I have tried too many coffee blends recently as they are usually real dark and gunk up the coils. I gave up about a year ago. For some reason this one stood out when shopping so I bought it. I was surprised how clear this coffee was. In fact, all of the Purilum flavors I bought were real light in color but strong in flavor (for the most part).

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Haven't ordered any ice creams yet. I have more Pur flavors to test, been pretty lazy about mixing for a couple of weeks. Need to mix watermelon, sour raspberry candy, cranberry orange, and mango. Have the Pur raspberry, very nice flavor but too soft/sweet for me. The Pur meringue is very good if you haven't tried it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread