PV Fav's

Status
Not open for further replies.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
you are going to get a million different answers to that question. Everyone likes different batteries with different atties or cartos, and at different times in their vaping experience. I have tried (and had a love/hate relationship with each of these): 808, 510, penstyle (often called the 801.. but there are many variations of the 'penstyle'), blu/306, 901, and those are just the attys :) There are the batts for all the above and also the Ego, Riva, Chuck, Chameleon, Saber, GGslim, Laser, Boxmod (nicostick and latest AJF), Provape, and Silver Bullet. OH, and the 808 and 510 cartos, and the LR versions of the 510 and 801 attys.

They were/are ALL great for various reasons and all had things I didn't like about them. Just start simple, and then if you decide you like this, you can start to branch out :)

Best of luck!

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Hey Cnizzle, my signature lists all the commercial units I've bought. Right now I'm puffin' on a home made number that houses an 18650 battery. It is made from 3/4" copper pipe 4" long and decorated with a curly, spalted maple veneer with walnut banding. It has flat black end caps and the button is located on the endcap under the atty connecter. It has a 901 fitting with a kr808 adapter and carto on it. It's vaping like a beast and looks pretty snazzy. I'll probably grab my Riva later if I head out though.

Cnizzle

Jan 17, 2010
Washington State
you are going to get a million different answers to that question. Everyone likes different batteries with different atties or cartos, and at different times in their vaping experience. I have tried (and had a love/hate relationship with each of these): 808, 510, penstyle (often called the 801.. but there are many variations of the 'penstyle'), blu/306, 901, and those are just the attys :) There are the batts for all the above and also the Ego, Riva, Chuck, Chameleon, Saber, GGslim, Laser, Boxmod (nicostick and latest AJF), Provape, and Silver Bullet. OH, and the 808 and 510 cartos, and the LR versions of the 510 and 801 attys.

They were/are ALL great for various reasons and all had things I didn't like about them. Just start simple, and then if you decide you like this, you can start to branch out :)

Best of luck!

Thanks Leanne. I'm using the ego right now. I first started out with a mini from Volcano. Then I jumped to a 510. Now I switch between the ego and the 510. Next I'm going to get the GLV2. I've actually been vaping for about a year. I was just trying to see what other people are doing. I like millions of answers. :D

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Thanks Leanne. I'm using the ego right now. I first started out with a mini from Volcano. Then I jumped to a 510. Now I switch between the ego and the 510. Next I'm going to get the GLV2. I've actually been vaping for about a year. I was just trying to see what other people are doing. I like millions of answers. :D

Ah, congrats then, and my bad for thinking you were a noobie :)

Have you tried the "mini volcano" on the Ego? (I am guessing you are referring to the little exposed atty, with the teeny carts, interchangable with the blucig? Those are great on the Ego.

If you are just looking for opinions :) I'll give ya mine then!
ATM, I am using, my 901 on either a 901 batt or an 801 batt. My 306/blu atty with a drip tip on my Ego, a LR 510 carto (finally tried one!) on my Provape, a 510 atty on my SB with a driptip, and occasionaly I will use my 302/801 on my laser. Just all depends on which flavor, and what PV I'm in the mood for :D
Basically: my favorite changes more often than my mood. lol

Cnizzle

Jan 17, 2010
Washington State
I didn't even think of using the Volcano atty on my Ego. I haven't used it in quite a while. I'll have to dust it off. Just didn't work as well as I wanted it to. But hey, now I have a few new atty's. :D Thanks for the tip! I wish the cartridges were better on those mini's though. Too much of a chore to fill! For me at least. WOW! Just tried it. Way better on the Ego compared to the mini volcano battery.

Last edited:

jwquantrell

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Auburn, WA
I was just going to read this post until I noticed your location. :p

Anyway, I have had a normal progression I am guessing.

KR808
Tornado
GGTS
Precise 10440
Precise 18650

What is in my hand the most? Hands down, the Precise 18650. This unit combined with a LR atty is my favorite vape.

I do use the GGTS with a 510 cartomizer to drive since I like the 510 cartomizer at 6 volts and it is easier than trying to drip and drive.

Regards
Jim

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I have amend my post now as my BUZZ arrived and its SWEET - I'm really impressed so far -so impressed in fact Ive retired my basic 510s (yes I still used them for going out with, they are very discreet lol) and my 5v PT!
I'm not going to dump my eGo because it small light and easy to carry (not sure I want to tote the Buzz around while I shop) - and my 3.7v PT is just ..a friend lol The others all went in a box though.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Hey WA people. Check out the Northwest vape meet to be held in Tacoma on 9/18. Look in events here on ecf or in NW steampunks sub forum. Hope to see you there, should be a blast. Provape will be there as a supplier and you can check out everyone's pvs and mods. Bring all your to show off as well.

jwquantrell

ECF Veteran
    Feb 7, 2010
    Auburn, WA
    Hey WA people. Check out the Northwest vape meet to be held in Tacoma on 9/18. Look in events here on ecf or in NW steampunks sub forum. Hope to see you there, should be a blast. Provape will be there as a supplier and you can check out everyone's pvs and mods. Bring all your to show off as well.

Yeah, I read about that, but my wife is having a minor surgery on that day and I don't think she would understand if I bailed on her for a vape thing. :ohmy:

leannebug

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 5, 2010
    the deep south
    I didn't even think of using the Volcano atty on my Ego. I haven't used it in quite a while. I'll have to dust it off. Just didn't work as well as I wanted it to. But hey, now I have a few new atty's. :D Thanks for the tip! I wish the cartridges were better on those mini's though. Too much of a chore to fill! For me at least. WOW! Just tried it. Way better on the Ego compared to the mini volcano battery.

Yea, sweet huh? I think it works best with a drip tip (since the carts are so teeny, easier just to drip) I recently got one of those swirly hard plastic ones. (can't remember the vendor, because I picked it up in a co-op, but it's pretty :) covers the whole atty!) It's also REAL convienent for DIYing.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    www.whitestagvapor.com
    I started with the KR808 and loved it. Soon bought the Omega and loved vaping with the 18650 batts with the 901 LR atty (the 901 atty seemed to produce more than the 510 atty).
    Now, I stick my modified 808 cartomizers on the Omega using the 2 @ 3v batts. I took the top cap and inner ring out of the 808 cartomizer, stuck on a plastic drip tip and viola! 6volt cartomizer creating tons of vapor and flavor, and it's easy to refill. 4-6 drops and I've got 1 ciggy worth of vaping. I do the same thing on my black Silver Bullet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread