• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

PV of choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyKay

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2010
SC
A wonderful 5v box mod built by JoeMoto. It's made from a sturdy project enclosure from RadioShack, and is a native 510 (but I usually put a 901 on it with an adapter). I've altered it with a toggle switch so I can bump it down to 3.7v. I'd post a vid of it, but I think I cuss a couple of times in it, and I don't know how ECF is with that sort of thing.

vapure_ak

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2010
N.Myrtle Beach, SC
I use the kr808 passthru most of the time as that is all I have at this time that I really enjoy. (the batts are ok but don't last long enough for me LOL). I am waiting on a delivery of a mod that I ordered called the Buzz. I am hoping that this will be the one for me because it has all the variable voltage on it so I can try them all out. OH by the way I am Amanda, i am pretty new to the forums and to the vaping world so HI all....:p

I've got a few favorites.
Omega
Silver Bullet
XHaler
mini XHaler
Phidas Woodimus
GreenCig G-400
BB Passthrough
VP Passthrough
and contrary to popular belief, I actually use the Mako.

Believe it or not, I actually use all of them.

you vape them all? why am i not surprised? btw, how is the phidas woodimus, it was between that and the thermo fer me a while back.

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
you vape them all? why am i not surprised? btw, how is the phidas woodimus, it was between that and the thermo fer me a while back.

I really like the Phidias. The wood makes it vape a lot smoother than its metal counterparts. Its good looking too. The only problem is that it is slightly larger than a cigarette pack and a bit too big for the pocket. Other than that, I really like it. I don't know a thing about the Thermo. I'll have to look it up, or ask TrueLove, he has every mod in existence.

If you're coming to the meet in MB, I'll bring it and you can try it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYo9qL-fjHQ

Last edited:

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
I got a Silver Bullet and a Phidias Woodimus on the same day and they're my first mods. I got the SB just because it's a classic. The button is perfect and should be the standard that others follow.

However... the Phidias Woodimus, which I thought wasn't worth the $$ on the first day I got it? I just can't live without it! I use it at 6v with a screw-on 5volt regulator, and every so many days I massage a bit of mineral oil over the body. Just a beautiful little walkie-talkie thing!

I think any wooden box mod shaped like the Woodimus is great :)

I say this, but I'm on the waiting list for the upcoming Precious L version 2.

I have to say that an oiled-up, shiny woodbox mod is just something to admire.

It works well for me, as I work in cargo pants, so I can unscrew the atomizer, toss it in a pocket with my juice bottles, and drop the Woodimus in one of the large cargo pockets.

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
However... the Phidias Woodimus, which I thought wasn't worth the $$ on the first day I got it? I just can't live without it!

Both great choices. You won't go wrong with either. I love my woody too...its a great mod, and I'm the direct opposite from you. I use it at 3.7v with a LR atty.

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
Wow, Doctor, I have to try that! Before my mods, I was strictly a Joye 510 battery (3.7v but really puts out 3.2v) user with 1.5ohm LR atomizers.... I've tried the LR atties on my Silver Bullet with 18650 3.7v batteries and it's much like my Joye 510 experiences - and I've taken to 5v on the woodimus - but for some reason I've never tried the 3.7v battery in the woodimus with a LR atty!

I agree that vaping on a wooden box somehow smooths the flavor out. My mind tells me it's pure silliness, but today I brought it up with a coworker and he said that the body of the PV has its own conductive attributes, and can actually alter the the end power/wattage output. So in that regard, a Silver Bullet and a woodbox mod with the same battery and atomizer can give different experiences.

I'll be trying it tonight, thanks for the heads-up, Doctor Vapor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread