PV suggestions for an older newbie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buttlint

Sep 11, 2013
Seattle, WA
My husband and I have been vaping for 23 days and have not picked up a cig or even had the desire to since we started. I want to get my dad vaping but he's been been smoking for 40 years, so he's kind of stuck in his ways. I want to get him something that won't be TOO overwhelming, but he does like gadgets so it doesn't have to be too simple either. I'm currently vaping on an ego twist/protank so I'm probably going to get him the same thing, or does anyone think there is a better option for an older, stuck in his ways sort of guy?

artt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
michigan
Keeping it simple is a wise decision for any new vaper. I've read posts here on the forum where people started with a lowly 650 mah Ego and carto and are happy staying right there, and that's great if it works for ya. As your Dad progresses there is always the option to "gadget up" if it appeals to him in the future.

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
I love the Vision Spinners and as posted above they are easier to read and the number/markings do not wear off easily (I'd get the Stainless Steel/Silver/Chrome). The reason I suggest the silver or stainless steel is that there is no paint to chip off, not that my paint has chipped, but it's just something I thought I'd throw out there. Good luck.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Is menthol a tank cracker? He smokes menthol cigs so I figured I'd start him out on some menthol juices.

As far as I know menthol isn't a tank cracker. I vape a lot of it and have had no problems. I just won a contest and chose Polar Ice as my juice flavor. It is one of the best menthols I have tried. It came from Good Ejuice - The best ejuice for your ecigarettes
If he wants a take your breath away menthol you can get that at Welcome to VaporGod.com - Eliquid, Cartomizers, Ego Batteries, Atomizers, Electronic Cigarettes and more! I bought a 50ml bottle from there and have to use it sparingly. I just add a few drops of it into another juice and it adds just the right amount of menthol. Good luck to both you and your father.

Maggie3199

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2013
Ohio
As far as I know menthol isn't a tank cracker. I vape a lot of it and have had no problems. I just won a contest and chose Polar Ice as my juice flavor. It is one of the best menthols I have tried. It came from Good Ejuice - The best ejuice for your ecigarettes
If he wants a take your breath away menthol you can get that at Welcome to VaporGod.com - Eliquid, Cartomizers, Ego Batteries, Atomizers, Electronic Cigarettes and more! I bought a 50ml bottle from there and have to use it sparingly. I just add a few drops of it into another juice and it adds just the right amount of menthol. Good luck to both you and your father.

I also use vaporgod's menthol to put a "chill" in everything that I vape. I am a former menthol smoker and always said I was more addicted to the menthol than I was the cig. A few drops of "Arctic Wolf" in all my juices does wonders for my lungs. I agree that getting menthol for your Dad is the way to go.

On a side note to mattiem, may I ask which menthol from Good Ejuice do you like the best?

Maggiemw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Middle East
Why not an MVP with an evod? The MVP is great and not at all complicated. It also "grows" depending on what you want to do. You don't need to use the variable wattage, just the vv, and you can use any type of liquid system. The battery lasts a LONG time, which makes it much less frustrating. Lots of advantages, for both beginners and more advanced users. I use mine constantly.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    First mistake ......... DON'T SELL YOUR DAD SHORT JUST BECAUSE HE'S OLDER !!!

I'm 72 years old, and use Provari's, Reo's and mechanicals. Recoil my own RDA's, and DiY my own juice. So trust me, your dad will learn how to vape the same as anyone else. He will like or not like vaping the same as anyone else.

IMO the key is not which device someone starts out with, it's the e-liquid that will make vaping work for someone ...... or not.
    The nicotine content & the flavor have to be right if vaping is going to replace smoking.

So, anything that costs less than $30 is perfect for a first e-cig. He can always buy a better one if he likes vaping, and it's no great loss if he doesn't. So look for something like this,
    http://www.electronicstix.com/collections/smok-kear-beginner-kits/products/smok-kear-beginners-kit
    and a flavor like one of these to start with
    http://www.electronicstix.com/colle...can-55-high-caliber-premium-usa-made-e-liquid
    http://www.electronicstix.com/colle...-our-4-high-caliber-premium-usa-made-e-liquid

Remember, it's just a place to start.

Last edited:

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    UK
    Why not an MVP with an evod? The MVP is great and not at all complicated. It also "grows" depending on what you want to do. You don't need to use the variable wattage, just the vv, and you can use any type of liquid system. The battery lasts a LONG time, which makes it much less frustrating. Lots of advantages, for both beginners and more advanced users. I use mine constantly.

I was going to suggest this as an option but Maggie beat me too it. Plus it has the advantage that if he decides not to continue vaping you get a nice device back, win win.

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    On a side note to mattiem, may I ask which menthol from Good Ejuice do you like the best?

This Polar Ice is the first juice I have had from there. It has just a hint of sweet and is not too heavy on the menthol. It is perfect for me since I'm not a fan of really in your face menthol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread