PWM pcb help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldgrandpainmi

Jul 25, 2015
Hello all.
I am in need of a little help. While going thru some site's in the past, I ran across someone who was making/selling a LM555 based PWM. The PCB looked to be about 1" square and used a SOIC LM555. I have searched half the night with no luck as to where I can purchase one. Does anyone have any idea where I can purchase one?
Thanks!!!

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Hello all.
I am in need of a little help. While going thru some site's in the past, I ran across someone who was making/selling a LM555 based PWM. The PCB looked to be about 1" square and used a SOIC LM555. I have searched half the night with no luck as to where I can purchase one. Does anyone have any idea where I can purchase one?
Thanks!!!

I've seen videos with it, and all the ones I saw were homemade PCBs. I don't see why you would want one. Everyone I've seen that used one said it emits RF signals, and could even be heard through a radio.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Hello all.
    Thanks!!!

Welcome to ECF!

Those PWM boards do create a huge amount of electrical interference. If that's OK, then try OSH Park if you want to solder your own board or the Mod PCB Facebook group. I think they have assembled SMD boards.

These boards are typically designed with very little attention spent on preventing the 555 from burning out, unless it uses an intermediate P-MOSFET to switch the N-MOSFET's gate. I highly recommend getting a board that uses this method as you will not be able to replace the SOIC 555 as easily as a board using a socketed DIP 555.

Oldgrandpainmi

Jul 25, 2015
    If I did it right, I've enclosed a pic of one I've found. I don't know if it uses a 555 or not, but it looks close to what I've seen. But so far, no website where it can be bought has been found. And the sites are in French or Italian, which makes it harded.

Attachments

• uduvy2yj.jpg
      uduvy2yj.jpg
      49.7 KB · Views: 15
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread