Not open for further replies.

Brutus Buckeye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Body in Knoxville, TN
www.facebook.com
Opinions on these are appreciated but mostly would like to see pics of each. Looking at them on thee-cig site and it doesn't clearly tell you which is which. Some look to have a small recess in the middle and some do not. Some look to be tapered right at the mouth and others not so much. The problem is, I have watched all the video reviews and to me it looks like both types but none of the videos clears up which is which.

Thanks for any enlightenment you can offer, pics would be great with which is which. Guess I'm just a visual person in my old age.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Squished in the middle (hour-glass shape) is considered tapered. The non-tapered is happens from the bottom up- more wide at the bottom (atomizer end) and narrows to the top.
My blue non-tapered is shorter than my clear non-tapered. Pics to come-I have to go take them-LOL
Left to right:
Cherry Pawn, Non-Tapered Clear, Tapered Clear, Non-Tapered Blue, Tapered Blue, Contoured SuperT, Shorty Contoured SuperT, N-haler Twisted

Click pic to enlarge

Hope this helps: Adding-If you e-mail John and let him know about the length-longer or shorter version, I am sure he will go through them and get one that you would prefer. They are all a bit different from each other-being blown by hand-no 2 are exactly the same.

Last edited:

JWebb

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
St. Louis USA
He sells the majority as tapered, just to let you know (squished in the middle0!

Opinions on these are appreciated but mostly would like to see pics of each. Looking at them on thee-cig site and it doesn't clearly tell you which is which. Some look to have a small recess in the middle and some do not. Some look to be tapered right at the mouth and others not so much. The problem is, I have watched all the video reviews and to me it looks like both types but none of the videos clears up which is which.

Thanks for any enlightenment you can offer, pics would be great with which is which. Guess I'm just a visual person in my old age.

amrnation

Moved On
Mar 17, 2011
Mass
edit: oh yeah tappered most diffenetly I bought all 4 + both 306 and I tend to use both tapered most often.

PYREX!!!!!!

They are the best of the best of the best of the best ect.....

theecig.com if you dont have one get one now.

their 306 absolutely obliterates any other 306 drip tip their 510 drip tips are amazing.

just sayin

Last edited:

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
Glad ya'll really like them, cuz I can't really say that. Since they are hand made, no two will likely ever be alike.
The first 2 I got would not fit my attys or carto's, so I sent them back. Got 2 more and the O-rings were too big and would not fit. John sent me smaller O-rings and they worked...sorta. On my clear tapered, there is so little glass below the O-ring to actually go "into" the atty/carto, that if you look at it sideways, it falls out. I've lost it twice in the house cuz it just falls out at the slightest of anything. Luckily, after looking all over, I found it each time. I KNOW if I were out and about, I would have just lost $15. Even with the replacement O-rings, they were not right. I went to Lowe's and got a bag of #47 O-rings and they work great.
Don't get me wrong, I really like them. I just really wish I could use them and TRUST them to still be there the next time I vape.
My cheap Delrin's work just perfectly and never come off unless I take them off.

For $15 each, should I have these issues when for a $2/3 Delrin, everything works great? I do NOT want to use these pyrex outside of my house because I can't trust them---at all. To me---this is jut not the way a $15 drip tip should be.
Then I see others who do not have these issues at all. As stated, each one is different. I've had 4 now, and all 4 just didn't cut it. John was great about everything, but I just got tired of paying to ship them back all the time. Again, that's just not how I would expect from a $15 tip.

So good luck Brutus..I really hope you are luckier than I.

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
There was NO shoving or pushing that would work. The O-rings were just too big. A #47 O-ring fits and works perfectly, so why mess with shoving or jamming or pushing just because the O-ring is the wrong size? Another reason I was disappointed. Every other drip tip I have ever bought always had proper sized O-rings. It's not that hard - really. But with these I guess it was. Even after receiving another set of O-rings, they still weren't the right fit. I tried at least 6 different attys/cartos too. Then I bought those #47's and that was the answer. Lots of effort for $30 worth of pyrex drip tips, which should not be the case.
Then - with the proper O-rings - when you don't have enough glass beneath that O-ring, it makes no difference if the O-ring is the right fit or not, cuz it will fall out just breathing on it.
My clear tapered is worse than my blue cobalt tapered, which still lacks a decent fit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread