(Quad coil) Dual parallel 3core fused clapton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i am quite new here, even to vaping, but wanted to share my yesterdays work after i gave up on cleaning my old clapton.

It is 3 core fused clapton arranged in triangle, not flat as usual, for more surface area, wrapped as usual with some spacing .
All wires are 0.22mm(32AWG) SS304.
Rated in this config @0.18R

Anyway, buffers insanely, huge clouds and taste is amazing, altho flavour i cannot judge as i have own mix of FA Forrest fruit mix and ... it was my first mix. But i like it, that´s what matters.
Works great in both temp and VW mode on my RX2/3.

If you have any tips or tricks i should know, feel free to tell me :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
I do everything with by hand. Clapton is easy to make and if you don't do that by hand it's going to make other builds requiring a steady hand and fluid movement harder to do.
For normal clapton and fused clapton you just hold the spool tight enough to keep the wire straight, hold the spool sideways, keep perpendicular to the wrap and stay about a foot from the core.
Fused clapton looks better when you use light tension and it's less prone to twisting.

Reactions: Eskie
Clapton isn't the problem, made micro clapton of 32AWG(0.2mm), both core and winding yesterday. More likely i will have to figure out the ideal tension and angle for the spaced and flat ones to have material for more complicated builds... atm regulating the drill revs is bigger problem than claptoning... testing will begin in the evening, gonna disassamble aku drill for parts and make pro winder with button switch and simple speed regulation...
Thanks for the tips :)

I must say now that is a spool of wire. And I thought I had a big tool at 50 ft ni 80 wire lol

Well... would you rather:
A) buy tiny spools for 10€/$/Ł in lengths of 30/100/250ft
B) buy big spool for 10€/$/Ł where kilo(2.2 pounds) of for example 28AWG is 1,7km(about 1 mile)

Got contacts, so i always go for B :) All those in my profile pic are Kanthal wires, spools of 3-4kg ;)

Reactions: Eskie

Ronscrazyvaper

Jan 10, 2017
Well... would you rather:
A) buy tiny spools for 10€/$/Ł in lengths of 30/100/250ft
B) buy big spool for 10€/$/Ł where kilo(2.2 pounds) of for example 28AWG is 1,7km(about 1 mile)

Got contacts, so i always go for B :) All those in my profile pic are Kanthal wires, spools of 3-4kg ;)
Wow that's crazy but true. Go big or go home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread