Quality of Blu without the LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhaus

Nov 15, 2011
Minnesota
Hello, this is my first post. I have been a smoker for 25 years and I want to give ecigs a try.

After some research/youtube vids I found Blu, the juice is made in the U.S.A., the product seems to be high quality.

I can't stand the blue LED on the tip, it's a deal breaker. Can anyone recommend a similar quality brand without the horrible light on it?

I also really like the charging kit, but I realize that I will probably have to compromise.

Best eGo choice? I don't want one of the monster big ones, but good volume of vapor and battery life matter to me.

The Blu hardware format is great, but any recommendations for brands or type for a newbie will be appreciated.

Thank you!

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Honestly, the Blu is pretty crappy and most people find that they are not happy with it and end up having to buy something else. I normally recommend the bigger battery ecigs bc they last a lot longer and are great PVs, like a Riva or an E-Power.
But if you want to stick with a slim ecig then check out the Vapor4life ones or halos G6, etc. With those though you will not be able to use LR attys/cartos. That another reason I recommend bigger ones bc it allows you to use a wider array or attys/cartos and most people end up buying one after their slim ecigs as their progressing.

Goodluck!!!

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
liberty flights has a decent deal on egos and rivas. I would personally recommend a riva (cheaper and runs at battery voltage and not regulated down like an ego). The e power deal at crystal clear vaping is pretty decent as well. It is like an ego but the battery can be removed. Crystal Clear Vaping

If you like the liquid in the blus they get it from johnson's creek

yngliver

Nov 14, 2011
Kalamazoo, MI USA
I'm pretty new to all of this, I just got mine today. The one that I ordered is while with a red LED on the end and I am really enjoying the flavors. It's from Vapor4life.

I haven't tried anything else, so I may not be the best advice on this matter. That being said, I like that it sort of looks and feels like a cigarette. It's also a lot better than I even thought it might be. It's not the same as the real thing, but it's pretty nice.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
If your willing to get over it not looking like a cig, which most people do fairly quickly, I would check out the E-Power 14650 from Crystal Clear Vaping like Fray mentioned above. Thats what I use and I absolutely love it. Its a 3.7V eGo type mod that uses non-proprietary batteries. Its very easy to use and everything is replaceable on it which helps to keep costs down. E-Power batteries cost $4 compared to eGo/Riva batteries that cost $14-20.
If you get it from CCV youll get a FREE 5-pack of "Ressurector" cartomizers, a FREE 30ml juice of your choice, and FREE shipping. Plus put in "ecf5off" and youll get 5% off the order. Its a great kit to get you started.
The Ressurector cartos are what I use on a daily basis and they are incredible, and youd get to try them for free which is nice.

If you want to go with something that looks like a cig to start, since I know that is important to some people when they first get off cigs, then I would go with the vapor4life one. Its def one of the better slim ecigs and will give you the chance to see if vaping is right for you. Also I recommend for what ever you end up getting to get a MANUAL battery. The auto batteries have a hole in them. If you start filling your own cartos, which most people do, juice can get into the hole and ruin the battery, so you have to be very cafreful with auto batteries. Manual batteries are sealed so they hold up better. Plus manual batteries give you much better control over your vape.

Goodluck and feel free to ask any questions! And welcome to ECF!!!

Danielsuzuki

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Katy, Texas
Pretty much all of your "cheapies" are made overseas, despite advertising bordering on rediculous. +1 for liberty flights. Also the Volt from smokeless image. Same for the Bloog, G6, V4l, V2 cigs, ect. Difference is price. Me, I'd pick up a Riva and some cartos from Libery Flights, and a juice sampler from Pink Spot, or Alien Visions. There's a ton of 'em.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hello, this is my first post. I have been a smoker for 25 years and I want to give ecigs a try.

After some research/youtube vids I found Blu, the juice is made in the U.S.A., the product seems to be high quality.

I can't stand the blue LED on the tip, it's a deal breaker. Can anyone recommend a similar quality brand without the horrible light on it?

I also really like the charging kit, but I realize that I will probably have to compromise.

Best eGo choice? I don't want one of the monster big ones, but good volume of vapor and battery life matter to me.

The Blu hardware format is great, but any recommendations for brands or type for a newbie will be appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello and welcome to ecf....
I started with the Blu also.....for what it is it got me started on ecigs, but I quickly realized to stay of analogs(cigs) that I needed more of a realistic hit than Blu can provide....And from what you say, being a smoker for 25 years, the Blu does not have what it takes to wean you off. But if your heart is set on it go for it. Any ecig is better than a real cig....
The problem that we all had(have) when first starting out is we want everything to mimic the real thing.....
it has to taste like a cig
it has to look like a cig.... and on and on....
funny how that quickly changes once you start vaping....
when you start to experience tasting again, being able to smell again, and to breathe again, you will probably rethink your hardware and ejuice....

good luck on your journey.....

Please come back and ask as many questions as many times as needed......ecf is a wonderful support group with members that have been exactly where you are.

:)

waveryder

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2011
Virginia
It seems I am one of many that started with Blu. I used it for 2+ weeks before I returned it for a refund. The battery life was horrible. I was literally recharging the battery every 30 minutes!! I smoked for 20+ years and have not smoked for several months now. I have a small mod (Super T P+18350 for when I am out and about and a large mod for use at home (Silver Bullet). The cartomizer for the Blu is standard resistance. Low resistance cartomizers provide more throat hit and produce more vapor. The small batteries will limit you to standard resistance carts. You may want to check for something that can handle all types of cartomizers & atomizers. They will be a little bigger than the size of the Blu but the trade off is worth it IMHO. The Epower unit uses batteries that fit inside the unit. It makes replacing them less expensive than replacing a battery for the smaller units. Buying something that can deliver great throat hit, lots of vapor and long battery life will make it much easier to ween yourself off of analogs.
Good Luck!

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Welcome Milhaus. You've already got some good advise there, so I'll just tell you what I'm happy with. I have a Joye 510 PCC I use when I have nic cravings, keep 18mg tobacco flavor in it, and I have an eGo Passthru, about the size of a sharpie marker, I use for most of my vaping, and I use whatever juice I have created (it's alive!) in my laboratory. I enjoy DIY juices, and it's a lot cheaper. The 510 is close to cig size, mine's an auto (I know, most people hate autos) and is also good for sitting in front of the TV and having the ole 'in hand' experience :). Battery life is good for a few hours of that. The eGo has a much longer battery life, is manual (there, happy, I have a manual LOL) and can be used while hooked to USB and charging, or can be unplugged and used. I am happy with both, using Smoktech 1.5 Dual Coil Cartos, and have had no problems with either one, after over 3 weeks. Just my :2c:, good luck with whatever you choose, anything is better than analogs.

Balth

Last edited:

Milhaus

Nov 15, 2011
Minnesota
Thank you all for the supportive and informative posts. A new store dedicated only to vaping opened in the Twin Cities (the only one here) a few weeks ago and I went in for some one-on-one time with the owner and left with a nice EGO-T set and a bottle of Vanilla liquid.

On a side note, the reason I went looking for this stuff is because patches didn't work for me because it is a constant flow of nicotine and I felt like I still needed the habit, not just the nicotine. Then I tried lozenges, they fit the bill when it came to answering the habit but they gave me horrible stomach problems. I can't chew gum because my jaw doesn't like it, and I can't chew gum at work.
Vaping is going to save my life, in quality and quantity.

Last edited:

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
Thank you all for the supportive and informative posts. A new store dedicated only to vaping opened in the Twin Cities (the only one here) a few weeks ago and I went in for some one-on-one time with the owner and left with a nice EGO-T set and a bottle of Vanilla liquid.

On a side note, the reason I went looking for this stuff is because patches didn't work for me because it is a constant flow of nicotine and I felt like I still needed the habit, not just the nicotine. Then I tried lozenges, they fit the bill when it came to answering the habit but they gave me horrible stomach problems. I can't chew gum because my jaw doesn't like it, and I can't chew gum at work.
Vaping is going to save my life, in quality and quantity.

You are so lucky to have a store near you! I am jealous. I hear the Ego is great. You are going to love vaping!!! :) Congrats on the switch to e-cigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread