The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

QUEEN Essence as a concentrated flavor

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by gorethugz, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. gorethugz

gorethugz Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2013
    KL, MY
  2. Ohio Points

Ohio Points Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    O-HI-O
    It is not recommended to use oil based flavorings although some do and have had no problems.

3. gorethugz

May 21, 2013
    KL, MY
    if im not mistaken most of the anise flavor are oil based and bit of alcohol.
    i will give it a try

4. Boletus

Boletus Super Member ECF Veteran

The real question is how much of the substance is actually an oil. From the info provided (ingredients list and nutrition info), it looks like the overall percentage of anise oil is probably pretty low. And then some people call things "oils" when they would be more precisely described as essences or resins. Let us know what you think after trying it.

5. dannyv45

dannyv45 ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    as long as it's Glycerine, Alcohol (content 35%), Aniseed Oil, Water and no other additives it should be fine. The Aniseed Oil is a natural extracted essence oil and is safe for vaping. The only issue I can see is some seperation of the oil but the alcohol should prevent that from happening. You may need to evaporate the alcohol off if it effects taste. A 24 hour airing with the cape off should take care of that but make sure it's well blended and stays together first before airing (May need to shake it and steep it awhile to keep it from seperating).

6. gorethugz

May 21, 2013
    KL, MY
    i give it a try first

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.