Question about Amps of LGABD11865 3000mah battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaspar74

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Ma
Hello folks,
i recently aquired a bunch of these lgabd11865 batteries from a dell battery pack and my research has shown these are 3000mah unprotected batteries. They can actually charge to 4.35v for max capacity. I see this listed for sale online a lot and lists all specs except what the amp limit is on them. Also before anyone asks I checked voltage on these after removing from battery pack to make sure they weren't over discharged and they were at around 3.6v or so. I charged two of them. It took like 6 hrs on a Trustfire charger.
Does anyone use these and know more about them. I believe Efest rebrands these as well.

Im planning on using these in my VTR and my Vamo2.

Thanks in advance!

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Checking Orbtronic, they appear to be a Max. discharge: 2C, which would be 6 amps. Specifications They are a low drain ICR, not a good choice for a regulated mod with a boost circuit that will draw higher amps to boost the voltage.

Also being ICR, rather than the safer chemistry IMR, they would vent flames is something went wrong, or if they were over stressed.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
You're likely under the amperage draw, although your mods will draw more as the battery voltage drops. Even if you only vape at a mild 3.7 - 4.0 volts, as the battery drops to say 3.5 volts, the mod draws additional amperage to maintain your selected voltage.

The biggest knock on them is the ICR chemistry. If a carto shorts out, or you tighten your topper too much and short the 510 connector, or there's a small tear in the battery shrink wrap, or a chip in the mod fails in just the wrong way.....you're looking a flames coming out.

The safer IMR batteries may also fail, just without flames, I'd go with no flames every time....:)

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The ICR batteries are cheaper for the manufacturer to include with a sale, if they save $1 per mod it's a lot (if you sell 100,000 of them). If a vaper spends $1 more for a battery that will last 1-2 years, not a big factor....:)

Cover the pin hole with some electrical tape to be on the safe side.
Get some IMR batteries to be on the even safer side.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Hello folks,
i recently aquired a bunch of these lgabd11865 batteries from a dell battery pack and my research has shown these are 3000mah unprotected batteries. They can actually charge to 4.35v for max capacity. I see this listed for sale online a lot and lists all specs except what the amp limit is on them. Also before anyone asks I checked voltage on these after removing from battery pack to make sure they weren't over discharged and they were at around 3.6v or so. I charged two of them. It took like 6 hrs on a Trustfire charger.
Does anyone use these and know more about them. I believe Efest rebrands these as well.

Im planning on using these in my VTR and my Vamo2.

Thanks in advance!

Some of us have been searching for official specifications for these cells for a long time ... to no avail.

BTW LG also labels their hybrid batteries ICR, so I would not assume this is a standard ICR cell. But then again with no official documentation, we don't know.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Some of us have been searching for official specifications for these cells for a long time ... to no avail.

BTW LG also labels their hybrid batteries ICR, so I would not assume this is a standard ICR cell. But then again with no official documentation, we don't know.

Checking Orbtronic, they appear to be a Max. discharge: 2C, which would be 6 amps. Specifications

The picture shows a model LGABD11865 printed on the battery, and a list of specifications.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Checking Orbtronic, they appear to be a Max. discharge: 2C, which would be 6 amps. Specifications

The picture shows a model LGABD11865 printed on the battery, and a list of specifications.

Orbtronic is not an official source of specifications. They are the only place that has put any discharge specifications at all on these cells, who knows where they got that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread