Question about Batteries and Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
I got my new VAMO V5 today and was wondering what batteries can be used in it without problem. Now I did get 1 - Efest 18650 Hybrid IMR 2250ma battery and a pair of Efest 18350 800mA button IMR's. I was just wondering what is the longest lasting batteries I can get that are safe to use.

Last question is the battery charger. I did get a Trustfire TR-001 charger but it is only for 2 batteries at a time. I would like to find one that can do 4. I've looked at a few on Amazon but not sure of how good. I'm looking for a good dependable charger with as much safety as possible.

Thanks for any input on this.

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
I found both the batteries and charger at Amazon. Being a Prime member I get two day shipping for free besides both items are cheaper at Amazon also.

I'm still wanting to know more about batteries and chargers however. The 4 I have now should last a while but not too sure about the charger as it gets mixed reviews.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Couple :2c: here:

All 4 or more channel battery chargers in the market today rely on bank switching the voltage between batteries in bank 1 and 3, 2 and 4, to charge more than two batteries at a time. Put more than two batteries in them and all you end up with is longer charge times. If you want to pull batteries off a charger quickly stick with 2 bay chargers.

Personally, I see way too many complaints on ECF about Nitecore chargers behaving badly and taking out the charger, or the batteries, or both when they malfunction. They might be fine when they work right, but they should also have better protections built in to deal with fault conditions which doesn't seem to be there.

For the price on a Nitecore you could spend a few dollars more on an Xtar that is backed with a two year warranty, and hasn't been reported here to go defective and do really bad things in the process.

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Even charging two batteries on my i2 seems to slow it down, but one at a time is a really rapid charge. I never felt 4 lanes was necessary because they charge faster than I drain em (with the exception of my high drains... I can kill my MNKE in 5 mins if I feel the urge. Lol) you might just want to pick up another 2 lane to keep it rollin at a better pace.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
I use an xtar 2 bay charger. I think it was like 25 bucks. Good deal

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I seriously consider that one but went with the NITECORE i4 Intellicharge universal smart battery Charger (Ver. 2) 4 bay charger. I got it off Amazon for $22. I also looked at the XTAR Panzer XP4 - 4 but decided at $44 plus shipping since it isn't one of Amazon's Prime which I'm a member of I don't pay shipping and 2 day delivery on all items listed.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
I'm a bit confused. With the i4, if you use just 2 bays, assuming you use the correct pairs, will it or won't it charge just as fast as the 2 bay i2? If it will, then isn't the 4 bay handy for the occasions when you have a pile of batteries and no need for "quick" charge times? In other words, why not get the 4 bay over the 2 bay for the extra buck? Or am I missing something?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Keynith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Atlanta
I'm a bit confused. With the i4, if you use just 2 bays, assuming you use the correct pairs, will it or won't it charge just as fast as the 2 bay i2? If it will, then isn't the 4 bay handy for the occasions when you have a pile of batteries and no need for "quick" charge times? In other words, why not get the 4 bay over the 2 bay for the extra buck? Or am I missing something?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

No your dead on. Once you charge more than 2, charging time increases. I dont charge both my batteries at once, so unless you just forget to charge them, then I dont see the need to be charging 3-4 batteries, if you use just one mod. I always have one in my mod, while the other is charging.

Last edited:

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
No your dead on. Once you charge more than 2, charging time drops. I dont charge both my batteries at once, so unless you just forget to charge them, then I dont see the need to be charging 3-4 batteries, if you use just one mod. I always have one in my mod, while the other is charging.

That assumes you are only charging batteries for e-cigs. I also have other equipment not related ecigs that use batteries it will charge. Often 4 at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread