Question about Blu Cartomizers. Few different scenarios (Pic included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

317Vapers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Indiana
www.youtube.com
I have a Blu Premium 100 pack I got just a week ago. I have went through 4-5 carts so far and I had a cart 2 days ago. It puffed like normal, and got about half way through it, and all of a sudden I was getting a burnt taste so I decided, after seeing some pics of burnt carts on here, to take mine apart and see if it was burning. To my surprise it still had fluid on the filler/wick and I see no signs of burning at all. So what would be causing this?

Also this leads me to question how many times they can be refilled and/or how to tell if its really spent as obviously this one showed no signs internally just a burnt taste. Could I got away with refilling this one and not having a issue, and no more burnt taste?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

photo.jpg

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
My guess would be that the coil itself (or the wick running through it) has gotten gunked up with the solids in the e-liquid. This can cause a burnt taste, but really shouldn't happen that quickly. It's hard to tell from that picture, but it looks like that may be the case.

My experience with these was fairly good with the first 5-pack. I used them on a regular 510 eGo battery. They were fairly consistent, and tasted good. The next two packs that I got were very inconsistent. Most seemed to be dried up to some degree, and would not wick well. Topping off with a light e-liquid did not seem to help at all. Some lasted 1/3 to 1/2 as long as others.

While I like the taste, I think that the e-liquid has a lot of sediment from the flavoring, and it chokes the cartos out quickly, especially if they are not very fresh.

Another thing you may want to check is the weird silicone thing in the bottom of the carto. You may have some airway blockage from dried juice causing poor airflow around the coil.

I considered 'wet-burning' one that had been rinsed out, and soaked with something like weak vinegar, then rinsing with PGA. Seemed like too much trouble, though.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
With cartomizers, the way you take your puffs on the ecig make a difference. If you puff too hard and too quick, you can get a burning taste. What's happening is it cannot wick fast enough and you are getting a nasty dry burn on the coil. So, take long, slow puffs.

It used to happen to me when I first started with ecigs. When I'm in a hurry, taking a lot of really fast hard hits on it, like I used to do with cigarettes.

317Vapers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Indiana
www.youtube.com
I have been doing long slow hits and still get it.
With cartomizers, the way you take your puffs on the ecig make a difference. If you puff too hard and too quick, you can get a burning taste. What's happening is it cannot wick fast enough and you are getting a nasty dry burn on the coil. So, take long, slow puffs.

It used to happen to me when I first started with ecigs. When I'm in a hurry, taking a lot of really fast hard hits on it, like I used to do with cigarettes.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
I have a Blu Premium 100 pack I got just a week ago. I have went through 4-5 carts so far and I had a cart 2 days ago. It puffed like normal, and got about half way through it, and all of a sudden I was getting a burnt taste so I decided, after seeing some pics of burnt carts on here, to take mine apart and see if it was burning. To my surprise it still had fluid on the filler/wick and I see no signs of burning at all. So what would be causing this?

Also this leads me to question how many times they can be refilled and/or how to tell if its really spent as obviously this one showed no signs internally just a burnt taste. Could I got away with refilling this one and not having a issue, and no more burnt taste?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

photo.jpg
Whoa...that looks pretty nasty!

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
I have been on blu now for about 30 days and almost always cherry crush or menthol. While somewhat inconsistant the flavor has been good and they usually last me almost a day. Yesterday I bought vanilla for the first time and went through the whole pack in a day. After 1/2-1 hour they all started to taste burnt. Lot0196

MaloCS

Jan 15, 2013
Denver, CO
I've found that the quality control of the cartos are hit and miss. Some cartos are great and vape really well while others seem to be dead right out of the packaging. After reading this thread it seems like some flavors are prone to drying out so I'll be storing them in an air tight plastic container to try and prolong the freshness. We'll see.

To date all of my Cherry flavored cartos have vaped really well; lots of flavor and tons of vapor. My Java and Menthol cartos are hit and miss while all of my Tobacco flavored cartos have been dead or dried up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread