Question about cartotank draw on spring loaded 510 connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
I've been having some issues with a tight draw on my carto tanks. After trial and error trying to find out what's causing it, I ruled out issues with the cartomizer itself, and found the issue was the pin on my mod. It is pretty mashed down, it's also worn out, I tried using a needle to try and pry it up and it looked like it could break. I got a 510 adapter so I wouldn't have to mess with the pin, but to make a connection the airflow is still blocked.

Just wondering if a spring connection could maybe make a difference?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Try using something other than a needle to pry up the center pin. Something like a precision screwdriver or nail file.

The real problem is probably inadequate airflow. If the 510 connector of your mod doesn't have a space for adequate airflow, you may need to file or dremmel some slots to make room. Once you tighten your cartotank down over the 510 connector of your mod, there has to be some space for air to get to the base of the cartomizer. The carto has holes in the base which allow air to get into the carto, and this affects the draw of the carto.

beauty ring.jpg grooves for airflow

Last edited:
Reactions: EBates

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
Glad to see you back Baditude

There seems to be pretty minimal airflow tmp_18865-20150409_221759-1-1449271382.jpg

I am seriously thinking about getting an iStick 50w, I was hoping the spring connection could help, though getting the new mod has nothing to do with my carto tank issues. I've been researching things to help, but couldn't find much. I see a cool idea on another forum (not sure if I can post to it) someone took a protank base added threads, used tig bar to extend to the pin and added an insulated from another clearo, unfortunately I don't have to know how, tools, or the nerve to try something like that. The only other thing was a very high end (translation: really expensive) airflow adapter

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
I already have one of those airflow adapters, they're junk unless you want to tighten up an airy draw. I watched a p busardo video talking about air flow adapters, he used the http://www.vapinart.com/cart/Lernaia-Air-Flow-Control-Adapter-P853.aspx and recommend those two sight unseen. Unfortunately I didn't watch the entire video, because at the end he had gotten the other two and found they were cheapo. I watched it after I had ordered one . The Lernaia one seems legit, but I simply can't justify the price, though I've hear nothing but praise about it.

R77r7r, not sure what you mean, I use ibtanks not sure if it would work with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread