The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Question about clear coating on boge stainless cartos

Discussion in 'Cartomizers' started by Zelphie, Apr 14, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zelphie

Zelphie Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    I saw that you can get stainless steel boges with out any clear coating on them for use in tanks, I think I saw them at vaporkings but they only came in 510 threads. The problem is that I use 302d/808d threaded boges for my tanks and I believe those only come with the clear coating.
    Does anyone know what this coating is or how to remove it so the liquid in the tank doesnt disolve it into the liquid?

2. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Are you sure about the clear coating? I have been using the Boge(510) stainless for almost 2 years, and have never heard of the stainless having a clearcoat on them.

3. Zelphie

Zelphie Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    Im not positive, but I tend to think they are coated because my boges get less shiney and slippery when they have been in liquid, and it looks like some here Tulsa Oklahoma Electronic Cigarettes Supplies, and also an atty for atty tanks being sold there are also uncoated for the same reason.

Wish I knew for sure.

4. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I think that "uncoated" means that they are the "SS" and do not have the black coating on them. There would be no reason I can think of for them to put a clear coat on the "SS" cartos. If still in doubt, ask your vendor about it, I'm sure he will tell you that they do not have a clear coat.

5. UncleChuck

UncleChuck Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Portland
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there isn't any coating on SS Boge and ST cartos. I just took a knife to a Boge and a ST, trying to scrape off any coating, and there was none.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.