Question about flavor differences (carto vs. carto vs. clearo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeney Todd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Durham, NC USA
stvapors.com
Hi all,

My wife and I recently visited a Volcano store and picked up a dual coil tank for her and a pack of clearomizers. She's noticed that she's getting really muted flavor out of the carto tank versus the clearos.

Is this normal? I'm considering replacing the carto in her tank with a Smoktech ressurector, which I saw got some good reviews for flavor -- am I going in the right direction here?

Thanks in advance for any advice, as well as any discussion about flavor differences in various cartos/clearos if you'd like.

FreeFire

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Twin Cities Minnesota
Good question. It seems most information posted about tanks (which I've read anyway) is that they are a pain, leak often and are a mess to deal with. The dual coil tank apparently needs a high enough volt output to work properly, which might be why many upgraded to mods (higher ohms/volts). I'm assuming the duo carto is higher resistance.

For flavor differences I have noticed a huge difference between the standard cartridge/atomizer set up vs. the Boge 2.0 cartomizer. The cartomizer produces serious amounts of vapor but am finding they need attention often. After the initial fill up, I've only been getting anywhere between 8-12 drags (I equate that to one analog...the way I smoked). After that, the atomizer no longer has the rich flavor but burnt. Seems after a refill, it is the same thing.

The regular simple cartridges....saturate the poly fill, put a couple drops on the screen in the atomizer, put together...good to go for half a day......

So, I'm not entirely sold on the "simplicity" of cartomizers as I'm forever having to add juice so they don't burn. Great flavor when wicked up and ready tho...

pmoraldo

REO Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
I use the boge 2.0 & 3.0 on my Reos at High Voltage with no problems partly due to the fact that their bottom feeders. I don't have to prefill them I just slap one on do a couple of dry hits while pushing the bottle and go. I get approximately 3-5 pulls before I have to rejuice them and I only get about 2 days out of them before I'm ready for a new one but at around $1.20 each its not a big deal YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread