Question about MOD sound when it is on standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape_Smoker

Moved On
May 28, 2018
Hello guys,

Recently i've purchased vaporesso Revenger X. I hear static sound all the time from the venting holes. It can be heard only when i put my ears very close to the venting holes.

When i shut down the mod, the sound goes away. The batteries are cool and not hot.

I am concerned about this sound and i am not sure whether it is sign of risk or just normal electronics sound.

I would appreciate your kind support.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Vape_Smoker

Moved On
May 28, 2018
If it's when the screen is turned on its just the screen humming, I've heard it many times and nothing to worry about but your thread title suggests its when the mod is sleeping, this I'd be cautious of.

It is true that once the MOD is ON the sound is there, but when i turn it off by clicking 5x Fire, there will be no sound.

I am not sure whether it is the screen or not as i only hear it through the venting holes at the bottom and the ones on the back above the batteries.

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
It is true that once the MOD is ON the sound is there, but when i turn it off by clicking 5x Fire, there will be no sound.

I am not sure whether it is the screen or not as i only hear it through the venting holes at the bottom and the ones on the back above the batteries.

It sound very possible it's just a strange mod sound, I have a few that make odd noises when I put them to my ears (why I even listen to my mods I'm not sure,lol), does it happen when the screen sleeps? Also are you using it in temp control?

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
I have not noticed whether the screen was sleeping or not. I am using VW Smart Mode.

I think its either the screen humming or possibly a capacitor on the board buzzing, if you hold it to your ear long enough and see if it stops when the mod sleeps (probably about 30 seconds to 1 minute), if is does stop (buzzing), I really wouldnt worry too much. Hopefully someone with the same mod will have a listen to theirs and see if it does the same (I suspect all of them will make the same sound though).

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have a revenger not an X but I notice no buzzing or static sounds near my ear. I will say my hearing isn't what it used to be. Maybe contact the manufacturer and ask about it? IDK, I'd probably have some concerns, but it is equally possible (IMO) that what you are hearing is in the realm of normal.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: opticruby

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
It may be due to the fact that it has a touch screen. Smartphones may be better at it so that there is no buzzing, but since touch screens on vape mods are still immature, it wouldn't surprise me that it buzzes a little when the screen is awoken.
As long as you don't feel the buzz or get static, you're probably fine (I'm not an expert though).

Maybe someone with another touch screen mod could have valuable feedbacks!

• Agree

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Touch screen? then yes, that can happen on any device with a large enough screen, it's basically "screen hum"... BUT it shouldn't be loud, if it's loud enough to be noticeable without putting it against your ear, then it's just a crappy board/screen and I'd exchange it, but if they are all the same, then that would be annoying, and odds that it could end up with a softer lifespan than a better one with no audible sound (as screen hum is a sound caused by vibration due to components being secure enough (welded or other) and the static charge passing through it).

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.

As I said, it's the exact same thing as my RX200. if you turn it off with five clicks, the ticking stops. Turn it on, it clicks... it is an ohm test. the ticking stops when I fire it as well, but it's replaced by a slight high pitched hum of the capacitor charging. I still say it's the power management mode on the mods, and many mods make the same noise.. just some more quiet than others. My RX200 makes aobut 8 clicks/second, my Eleaf Aster makes aobut 4 clicks per second. My older Sigeli 100 doesn't make it, checks the resistance when the fire button is pressed

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So i checked the mod again and I noticed that when the screen sleeps, the sound disappears!
once i click any button the sound appears again due to the fact the display would be woken up.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could contact:
local B&M Vape Shop (Visit) -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.

• Useful

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
well, as I'm home I decided to see what I could hear from my mods... as I never really noticed any noise from any of them.

Nothing at all from my Eleaf (except one), Smoant, Therion, GTR mods

I have ONE Eleaf (IKonn 220) that does a very small ticking (like a extremely faint mechanical watch) that I really have to brace my ear on it, regardless of state except when I turn it completely off.

But no hissing, no high pitch anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread