Question about nicotine strength in e-liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.
either get some 0 nic or 6ml nic juice of the same type, and mix them in proportion to cut the nic. I make my own now, after 3 weeks vaping, and make morning, all day, and night blends (high, then medium, then low for night time while I am chain vaping). I use a 36mg as my starter, then cut it anywhere from 3-18mg for final use. Make sure to get a nic testing kit when making your own (ebay or google it), so you know what you are smoking, and you didn't mess it up.

Revealed

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Orange County, CA
I've been smoking a pack or more of Camel Lights a day for almost 17 years. I started on 18mg/ml and it did absolutely nothing for me. I'm now vaping a mix of 36 and 18 so I'm getting about 27mg/ml give or take and that seems to be my sweet spot for now anyway.
Thanks for your input kumquat, I appreciate it :) When we first received our initial order of starter kit, a few e-liquids, pre-filled cartos and atomizer, my wife was complaining that it was too harsh for her. I just spoke to her about how she felt about going down a level to the 18mg and she said that she is now fine with the 24mg turkish blend.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
A lot of us start at a lower nic (18mg for me) and then later bump it up to get off the analogs and then later again bump it down to reduce the nic intake or because their new equipment drove them down. Myself, I bumped it up from the 18mg during the day (above 24mg), but use the 18mg at night to sleep better. This changing around is what got me into DIY mixing...

kumquat

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
USA
Thanks for your input kumquat, I appreciate it :) When we first received our initial order of starter kit, a few e-liquids, pre-filled cartos and atomizer, my wife was complaining that it was too harsh for her. I just spoke to her about how she felt about going down a level to the 18mg and she said that she is now fine with the 24mg turkish blend.

Harsh as in too much nic or too much PG? I find VG much easier on the throat. PG still makes me cough.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Most people start with 24mg or 18mg juice and adjust upwards or downwards from there. You don't get as much nicotine per puff from vaping as you do with cigarettes, hence the posts where people say that they are vaping much more often than they smoked.

Some of us puff like fiends to get the satisfaction we need ... at least at first.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Harsh as in too much nic or too much PG? I find VG much easier on the throat. PG still makes me cough.

100% PG takes some getting used to because the vapor provides much more flavor and throat hit. I shied away from all PG juices for a long time until I started vaping Boge 2.0 ohm Cartos on my eGo. As I vaped PG more, the throat hit became just about right. Still, flavorings can affect the throat hit. I found my ultimate Camel vape in Awesome Vapor's Camel juice. Now, it's my all day vape.

Even after getting used to PG, there are still some tobacco flavors in PG that are too harsh for me. Experimenting is the only way to find your ultimate daily vape.

kumquat

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
USA
DaveP, I'm pretty happy with my 100% VG juices, at this point. The only time I vape PG is with new cartos because it seems like a waste of money to buy blanks when you can just boil them clean and the rare occasions when I slip a little JC Original into my Vermont Vapor Tobacco. I've, also, got a pretty sensititve system so feel safer vaping VG though I know a few have had allergic reactions to it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread