Question about Novo 2 pod rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
Hey guys, so I've been rewicking the 1.2 ohm novo pods for a while now. It's a great way to save $, but I've been wondering if it is possible to recoil them.

I tried recoiling one today and while it is a pain, it can be done. What I've noticed though, is that the stock coil is crimped into a pin like the one in the picture. The problem is getting the new coil into these pins that have been crimped from the factory.

My plan is to just buy some of these pins and crimp the ends of the new coil into them but I don't have any idea where to get some new pins.

To me, they look like nail pins for a PC circuit board, but exactly what type, I have no idea. If anyone has any experience on this, or could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks.
20200419_202905.jpg

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
Hi,
In your place, I would just leave the coil legs long and trap them between the shaft of the post and the insulator it is inserted into/thru.
Similar to the minifit recoil method.

See: 2:20-3:15

HTH
I

Thanks for the reply. I have tried that method and the flat part of the pins (picture above) will not press fit if the coil wire (I tried 32 gauge) is in the way.

I may have to make a few more attempts because I really would like to be able to recoil these pods.

Resistance

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2020
Hey guys, so I've been rewicking the 1.2 ohm Novo pods for a while now. It's a great way to save $, but I've been wondering if it is possible to recoil them.

I tried recoiling one today and while it is a pain, it can be done. What I've noticed though, is that the stock coil is crimped into a pin like the one in the picture. The problem is getting the new coil into these pins that have been crimped from the factory.

My plan is to just buy some of these pins and crimp the ends of the new coil into them but I don't have any idea where to get some new pins.

To me, they look like nail pins for a PC circuit board, but exactly what type, I have no idea. If anyone has any experience on this, or could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks. View attachment 880861

Hi. I have had some success with those pins by using a very stiff needle awl. It don't always work,but if it does then that's the pin I keep on using. If it's a fail ill try another pods pin.
The pods are not what you are using its another brand ,but the general thing is that pins can be opened.
After you insert the coil legs crimp it again with a needle nose plier on the same place it was flattened otherwise it'll break.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread