• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Question about reusing carts and changing flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Treasure Coast Florida =)
One thing I have learned is that is very very hard to get that out of a cart or an atty!
I would suggest you rinse the cart under warm water a few times.. blow through battery end and the do this again about 2-3 times.
After you rinse you want to blow out as hard as you can a few more times. you should be spinning now :p
At this point I add a few drops of everclear a very high proof alcholol to the atty through battery end (it gets to wick better) and also a few drops onto the filler and mouth vape a few good puffs. Then I will re-fill with about 15 drops of whichever new fluid I intend to use. I also make sure to put a few drips into the battery end as again it will go into wick better and leave sitting about 1/2 hr. This should work, but I never use menthol carts for anything else than menthol or mint.
Hope this helps, Lori B

laurieok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
I tried everything under the sun to get rid of menthol or mint flavor that was in a cart and I have not been successful. For some reason that flavor will not budge!!!!! I will try what you say needvapor!! Maybe that will work, only I can't get everclear in Ohio, but I have 151 proof vodka...will give that a go!! Hope it works!!! :)

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Let me know.. this is how I clear my non menthol atty's and carts but I have not purchased a menthol carto yet.. actually I have some ice cream (peppermint) that I will try to clear out...please let us know if it does work.
I tried a long time ago to clear out a 510 atty.. didnt work, but I didnt have everclear then and I was told to keep menthol atty's separate.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I never clean out my cartomizers...maybe its out of lazyness or fear of ruining them...I don't have many menthol carts, but I leave them alone or refill them with coffee hehe... I almostalwayssometimes refill with complimenting juices... ie tobaco with any....coffee and vanilla....grape and apple...etc of course I am not saying I don't vape the occational coffeeredbullchocolatepeanutbutterblueberry..... flavored cart hehe

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
GEO... You crack me up! Did you taste coffee menthol?
Ok now where is Phoenix.. she has some great (flavor) vapor trails I think she is calling them.. she has it down to a science! I usually will just keep cofee with coffee's, fruit with fruits, tobaccos with tobacco's.. some fruit I do like to mix with my tobacco though! :p especially pineapple and grape! its good I promise.

FAUXPUFF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2008
I just boil them about five times, just changing the water out between boilings.
Once I drain the hot water out of the pot I run cold water over the open mouthpiece side and blow it out really well. Then they sit for a day or two. I had some of the ice cream carts (really gross in my opinion) that I cleaned this way, filled with some RY#4, and yummy (no trace of ice cream peppermint)! Also, the cleaned cartos seem to be putting out better vapor than they did with the original liquid (I am using Mist_Stix RY#4, got it for $9.00 for 30ml with promo code "ECF"). Those are my findings, hope it helps! :) :) :)

Silviu

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Hi ALL,

Can anybody tell me how much e-liquid should be used to re-fill one cartridge?

I didn't try yet, as I don't have the liquid yet, but I thought to use a syringe that can be inserted into the cartridge thru one of the holes (battery side or mouth side), and inject the amount of liquid into the cotton piece and rotating the cartridge in the same time.
If I knew the amount of liquid that will be pretty easy.

suggestions?

:eek:) Silviu

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
I do not refill with a syringe so I cant help you there.
I do during the day occasionally drip a few drops for stronger flavor right into the battery end and let sit for about 10 min or if you have a green cig.. no wait.
I know dripping into cart the kr808 can take about 15.. there are many videos and threads on how to do this.
Maybe someone who fills with syringe can help you.

I own a small ultrasonic cleaner I use for cleaning technical drawing pens but most are sold as a way to clean jewelry. Seems to me if you had a clean unit (never had a solvent used in it) put in some distilled water, let it run for 15 minutes or so... it just might be a perfect answer.

I've forgotten I was running mine a couple of times and came back to find it empty of solution, so It gets plenty warm enough to evaporate off the soapish cleaning fluids I use, but nowhere near boiling. I've a feeling if I tried boiling temps on plastics, I'd wander off spacing out and come back to a warped carto. I am way too drifty.

I've no idea if the fiber material could withstand the sound waves or not. But it is harmless to even frail metals and only made my plastic pen barrels sparkle... never distorted their shape. Natch, it would just have to be an experiment on an old cart you didn't care about the first time.

Genie

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
You'll never completely remove a menthol flavor from a carto, but I'm sure you'll learn alot about carto washing by trying. Get a new carto and only refill with compatible flavors.

With menthol and mint it seems like even a little bit will contaminate other flavors. I filled an old empty mint bottle with a tab-flavor juice - couldn't have been more than a drop or two worth of juice on the walls of the bottle - and now the whole bottle of tab juice tastes like mint. We're talking maybe a 1 to 200 parts ratio of mint to tab and the who thing has a mint taste to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread