Question about the classic pen usb pass through...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Will the puresmoker classic pen USB pass through work on a DSE 801? is a DSE 801 considered a classic pen style e-cig?

I really want a pass through and Ive heard great things about puresmoker and Im still new to all the e-cig stuff. I hope someone can help. Thanks :)

I have used both the 801 and the RN penstyle. All the parts were interchangeable and worked on all my usb passthroughs. I know they often refer to the penstyle as "the classic". Whether they actually mean the 801 or the RN....I have no idea.

Hope that helped some.

Lu

macpanda

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Geneva, IL
www.macpanda.com
I have used both the 801 and the RN penstyle. All the parts were interchangeable and worked on all my usb passthroughs. I know they often refer to the penstyle as "the classic". Whether they actually mean the 801 or the RN....I have no idea.

Hope that helped some.

Lu

Thanks. I think im gonna order it and see if it works. If it doesnt Ill just have another excuse to buy another e-cig :) Ive heard good things about the RN's

Curtis

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Nashville, TN

Hope that helped some.

Lu

It helped me. I've got Penstyles coming from David (soon I hope) and Spare Parts and Passthroughs coming from Steve. (Batteries but no chargers). I never thought twice about whether those pieces would be interchangeable. Whew! Thanks again Lu.

Curtis

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Nashville, TN
Just got my Penstyle USB passthrough! I plugged it up to my Powerbook and took a drag, but I wasn't getting any vapor. I tried another USB port... Nothing. So, I plugged it into the desktop's USB and got a great hit. It wasn't like a cigarette of course, but it was pretty darn close. I'm a happy vaper. Thanks Puresmoker and Thank you E-cigarette-forum.com.:thumbs:

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Yeah The Pass Throughs are great! They work better with a Good Battery Pack (especially on the go) or an AC to DC Plug in the Wall Mini-USB Adapter.

I will be wholesaling some Batt Power Packs & Good Wall Adapters Soon (adding to my other lines), I am still testing out several brands of Battery Packs & Mini-USB AC to DC Plug in the Wall Adapters. I have several I like, but I am always open to different versions & options.

Keep Vapin!

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Yeah, I just went to Wal-mart and bought a couple of those Duracell battery packs SmokingClam was posting about. They're charging now. Okay, I'm not spending anymore money on my vaping habit, for at least a month.:rolleyes:

Curtis --give us an update here as the Duracell would not fire up any of my 5 Puresmoker passthoughs--only the manuals from Yang and that is because I think it is only charging the battery in Yang's. So let us know--Thanks--Sun

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Curtis --give us an update here as the Duracell would not fire up any of my 5 Puresmoker passthoughs--only the manuals from Yang and that is because I think it is only charging the battery in Yang's. So let us know--Thanks--Sun

SUN

Did You Charge The Duracell Battery Pack Up As Instructed?

Did you charge the Duracell Power pack via computer or wall charger?

By the way How long (Duracell Pack) does it say to charge it for and how (meaning USB or Ac to DC Power Adapter?

Just Interested.

(Lu did I beat u?)

Thanks!

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
SUN

Did You Charge The Duracell Battery Pack Up As Instructed?

Did you charge the Duracell Power pack via computer or wall charger?

By the way How long (Duracell Pack) does it say to charge it for and how (meaning USB or Ac to DC Power Adapter?

Just Interested.

(Lu did I beat u?)

Thanks!

I gave it a 12 hour charge for that kind of money. Used the Computer as it does not come with a wall charge first--then used a wall charger from my other battery pack--Still no go--There are no instructions about charging other then the green light routine which I ignored so as to give it a good charge--It will not fire up any of the auto passthough's --only charges Yangs Manuel?????--Sun

Add--I spoke with Clam and he reports that he is using his on a Yang's battery manuel--so I think it will only charge the manuel battery and not fire a Puresmoker auto--I read another failure of this unit in Claim's Thread but thought I would give it a try--Sun

Last edited:

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
I gave it a 12 hour charge for that kind of money. Used the Computer as it does not come with a wall charge first--then used a wall charger from my other battery pack--Still no go--There are no instructions about charging other then the green light routine which I ignored so as to give it a good charge--It will not fire up any of the auto passthough's --only charges Yangs Manuel?????--Sun

Add--I spoke with Clam and he reports that he is using his on a Yang's battery manuel--so I think it will only charge the manuel battery and not fire a Puresmoker auto--I read another failure of this unit in Claim's Thread but thought I would give it a try--Sun

SUN

Ok here we go I just reviewed there spec sheets & manual as well.

Here we go again with either marketing wording "1000 mAh Capacity" , (probably wont reach 1000 mAh).

FYI: I have used my USB Passthroughts (several different ones but not Yangs I dont have it yet) with several units that have only 750 mAh output.

Or You could have a defective one. Or It Just Does Not Put Out What It Is Rated At!

You could for the heck of it try charging your cell phone with a low battery or MP3 player, see what it does / how long it last compared to the PDF Spec Sheets here.

• Download Spec Sheet

• Download Product Manual

I am lead to believe It Does Not Cut It!

Sorry, But I would Return It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread