Question about the Mt. Baker freebie juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
Didn't see an MBV sub-forum in the suppliers area, so apologies if this is in the wrong place, just the closest thing I could find to a 'vendor questions' area. Anybody know if you can request something more specific with the freebie liquids Mt. Baker Vapor sends along with orders over X dollar amount? The ones I keep getting are only 12mg, which I'm sure is fine for a lot of folks, but I really can't vape anything that low on a regular basis, even in the late evenings. I don't expect to get a particular flavor or ratio or anything, but it would be nice to be able to ask for a juice mixed in a higher concentration, as some of the ones they've sent are absolutely great tasting, but unusable unless I turn around and make yet another order with them for the proper nicotine content, which usually yields yet another free bottle of either the same stuff, or something else, also in 12mg, that I still can't vape. I was hoping after putting in a few orders for exclusively high-nic (24+) juices they might put a note on my file and be able to up the nicotine level on the freebies I was getting, but it seems there's no process in place there.

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
I think 12mg is their normal base and since the sample is free and meant for tasting, fair enough IMO if they don't want to take the extra time to mix it higher. You could try adding in the request a higher mg

Ah, that would make sense, I wasn't aware they had a 'normal' base to be honest, I figured all of it including the nicotine was mixed to order. If they are using pre-mixed nicotine bases in the proper milligram levels, I can see why they'd only send out 12mg samplers. Wasn't trying to come off like I was complaining about it either, just curious for an answer exactly like yours that would explain why they only sent 12mg samples out. Guess I'll keep dripping the freebies and then put them in a drawer, PIF them once I have five or six, that way they get to someone who can use them as well as giving me a taste of a flavor I'd normally never try.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Dunno! I've never asked MBV. You could make mention of it in the comments box on your order next time and see what happens.

Some places can be very accommodating - you can ask at The Vapor Room and if they have it they send, but obviously there is no guarantee with free stuff. Other places use free samples to push out new flavors into the market so you don't get a choice with those on purpose.

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
Dunno! I've never asked MBV. You could make mention of it in the comments box on your order next time and see what happens.

Some places can be very accommodating - you can ask at The Vapor Room and if they have it they send, but obviously there is no guarantee with free stuff. Other places use free samples to push out new flavors into the market so you don't get a choice with those on purpose.

Yeah, I'm definitely not looking for accommodations on flavors, I absolutely love getting a sample of something I'd never even think to order and finding out I love it.. They sent me cantaloupe with my first order, and I'm not a big fruit eater, but man, vaping that stuff was delicious.. Currently steeping a bottle of Red Cream Soda, had zero flavor and almost no smell when I dripped it fresh so I'm hoping it brightens up over the course of a week, again, that's something I'd never have ordered on my own but after looking at the description my mouth started watering.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
That's happened with me too several times. Never woulda ordered Peaches & Cream from TVR but wow! Peach peach peach. And the surprise Chocolate Fudge Brownie... chocolate orgasm. Some times there is stuff I know I want to try and I'll ask but so far "Surprise me!" has worked out very well.

I comment to TVR that either 24 or 18 mg works for me (prefer 24 mg but hey, this is freebies!) and they have never sent anything but.

The only "weird" thing I have got so far as a Free Bonus Gift was White Wine from MBV. I love the flavor but it starts out as water clear. By the time I have refilled a clearo with it once it's gone from water clear to a practically dark molasses color as I vape along. Love the flavor, don't love whatever is in the flavoring getting all dark like that as it's vaped.

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
Yeah, just noticed this thread again and figured I'd mention that I did indeed start requesting specific strength and even a specific PG/VG when I wanted to experiment, and they always honored it. Never bothered requesting flavor as I like the surprise there, but they definitely do their best to accommodate PG/VG/nic level requests for sure. Now I'm all the way down to 6mg so I tend to let them send me a bottle of 12 and I just cut it in half with PG/VG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread