The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Question about U.I. Design - Do you want V. Output?

Discussion in 'Innokin Technology' started by Innokin_Paul, Sep 2, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Innokin_Paul

Innokin_Paul Brand Manager ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2013
    Shenzhen
    Hi. I have a question for you and would like to know your opinion about the User Interface on Innokin Vaporizers.

I've been working on the U.I. design for Innokin products from the EZWatt through the Proton, Adept, MVP5 and more. Our team works closely with the engineers to design and then implement U.I solutions that are intuitive and easy to use and also unique & stylish.

We've have been working on an upgraded U.I. design and our teams are having some discussions about what information to include on the main operating screen.

The current designs have:
    • Battery Level
    • Wattage / Temp
    • Device Lock/Unlock
    • Puff Time
    • Output Mode (Wattage (Normal, Boost, Soft) / Voltage)
    • Voltage Output (in Wattage Mode)
    • Coil Resistance

My questions for you are:
    • Do you want Voltage Output on the main operating screen or should it be removed?
    • Is there any other information that you would like to see on the main operating screen?

Any feedback is always very much appreciated! Thank you!

2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I personally consider voltage output to be much more important than a puff counter. It’s going to vary by user though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

To be honest . . The majority of the time, I personally do not use wattage settings that often, unless I have no other choice. I really prefer setting Voltage output on the mods I use. So - IMHO - removing that from the information screen would not be good or helpful.

AND - Like what was said already ^ ^ ^ ^- The Puff Counter, after the first 3-6 months when some one is just starting vaping, IMHO - really doesn't have that much of use and can actually start to confuse "Newbies" (ex: Am I inhaling enough/not enough, instead of stopping once they find satisfaction.)

Now as for other information on the operating screen . . . Well, better battery level information would be very helpful, especially about the "life" of the battery - including when it has fully charged (lights off/mod shuts off automatically).

OH YEA - How about a "News" ticker/crawler bar . . . ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I think of anything else, I'll post again . . . :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Jumpin' In...

Jumpin' In... Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    In Temp modes, live amp draw and maximum wattage.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    There are obvious challenges here, and given the real-estate the average screen employs it is difficult to have something that provides the needed information for all, and making it readable. Perhaps moving some of the information to a sub menu.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    As a consumer I would prefer the chip give me the option to decide what is on my screen. I prefer simple and only want wattage, voltage, ohms, and battery volts; for myself everything else is annoying clutter.

• Agree Agree x 8
  7. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I agree. The produced problem though is you wind up with a software suite to program the atty a la arctic Fox or Evolv software both of which are pretty complex. I’ve got the EVOLV suite but haven’t dug into it because the whole thing is so daunting. Thing feels like GIMP. Another thing I’ve found too complicated to actually use even though I need to know it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    If evolve has figured out how to let you configure the chip on the mod I'm sure other companies can as well. Personally I'm dead tired of mod designers guessing what the best vape is; only I know what the best vape is for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  9. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The issue I think is the software suites that get designed are more enterprise level than consumer level. There might be a space in the market for something simple and consumer friendly. I can see for example, why EVOLV has a pixel by pixel logo builder. They resell their boards to various vendors. As a consumer though I have no use for it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Punk In Drublic

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    But it has also opened up a creative community. One does not have to design their own theme, they can use someone else’s. This can be simplified even further and have selected, pre-installed themes for consumers to choose. There are many possibilities to combat this, and if a manufacture is putting the question out to the consumer, then these options should be aired.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    In Wattage Mode, I'd like to see the ability to display Battery Amp Draw. And I would like it to keep displaying it after I release the Fire Button.

Real-Time values are kinda a PITA. Unless you happen to be Vaping in front of a Mirror so you can read them Backwards in the Refection.

A Good UI would allow the User to select what They want to see.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    What she said:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

As noted: Mode, temp+watts or watts/volts, resistance, battery level (use an Icon/graphic)
    A "simple" option with only resistance, battery level and wattage may also be of use.

Cheers
    I

• Love Love x 1
  13. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Yah. That’s what I wound up doing. Couldn’t find one that fit what I really wanted though. Plus I had to wade through a ton of horrific graphical flash. “Cool. You made a giant rainbow that took up half the screen. Just like the last ten”

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Have to say I love that my SL tells me volts remaining on my battery, no guessing what 2 bars down is.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Punk In Drublic

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Mine is an animated gif of my cat that displays “NEED MORE BACON!” every time I hit the fire button. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    How is Zelda? (miss you and her:()

• Love Love x 1
  17. Punk In Drublic

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Zelda is well, still an evil genius and demanding as ever. Still working away on her Dooms Day machine. Progress is a bit slow now that eBay no longer allows the sale of enriched plutonium. She has recently discovered PBMD (Paper Bag of Mass Destruction). So now my place is covered in pager bags….if I clean them up, she yells at me!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I remember how much my cats missed paper bags when stores started switching to plastic. Swear they were pouting when I forgot to ask for one paper bag. Gracie loves the lunch bag size, George just watches from up high.

• Love Love x 1
  19. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I can see how that is awesome for specifically you, but I almost want you to post that just to torture some poor ....... that actually loads it. The only thing I could think of that would be worse is making a skin that plays the trolololo song when the button is hit.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Pigs

Pigs Super Member

Supporting member
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    I always like to see Voltage Output. I always select it when I have the option and don't use mods without. In 4 years I've never once looked at a puff counter.
    And please - no need for a locking feature that locks the fire button along with parameter adjust (unless the mod can't be switched off). The lock feature should be only to stop accidentally changing parameters

• Like Like x 2